Sunday Best

My Sunday Best thus far:

1. Cookie Butter Spread.  By the spoonful.

It hasn’t just been a best of today.  It’s been a best of the past month.

Known as Cookie Butter Spread, Trader Joe’s Speculoos Spread, Biscoff Spread.  Stalk this and hunt it down like it’s your job.  Order or seek out the Biscoff brand Spread.  Do what you have to do; it’s so worth it.  Heads up I happen to have a recipe coming later this week with cookie butter.  I figure I better make something with it other than just inserting spoon into jar.

2. A walk with my family along this oceanside path and these views.

3. Vanilla Iced Coffee

Weekends mean extra coffee.

4. And extra time with my sweetie.  That really is the best.

5. Winner of the Coconut Oil Giveaway:

Katie December 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm

“I’m would love to learn new ways to use this – just signed up for the newsletter. I’m sure there will be an idea or several in there.” ;)

Congrats, Katie!

6. And what I wouldn’t give for a Cinnabon from the mall right now.

Or a Baked Cinnamon Bun Donut with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze

But it’s too hot here to think about turning on the oven right now.  Better refill my iced coffee.

What’s on your Sunday Best list?

Or Best Of the Weekend (so far)?  Any holiday baking?  Holiday Parties?

P.S. Stay tuned for a dessert that’s Best

38 Responses to “Sunday Best”

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — December 18, 2011 at 6:04 am

I was just at TJ’s yesterday and they were out of the Cookie Spread. grrrrr. someone mail me some of this stuff!! ;)

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous — December 18, 2011 at 6:11 am

My Trader Joe’s still doesn’t have the cookie butter spread!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — December 18, 2011 at 6:51 am

I think time with your family has to be the best of all. Everything else is icing on the donut ;-)

tea-bag — December 18, 2011 at 7:29 am

i made a “double cookie cookie” by mixing a jar of cookie butter w/ sugar cookie mix and baking them in little dough balls! so good!

Colleen — December 18, 2011 at 7:34 am

Cookie Butter… sounds intriguing. I am SO jealous of you in Aruba, it looks perfect!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 9:43 am

hopefully you’re happy for me, too! We work so hard and this is our happy place as a family :)

kaity — December 18, 2011 at 7:45 am

hmm that cookie butter is good huh, i trust u so i will try it i stare at it for like 5mins wen im in the store deciding if i should get it or not lol, and after the holiday baking those donuts are calling my name!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 9:45 am

it’s the best nut butter or spread I have ever had…period. Better than Nutella, better than sunflower seed butter, White Chocolate Wonderful, etc. But I love Biscoff, gingerbread, molasses flavors so it’s totally me but it’s just the best. Get it. For 3 bucks you cannot go wrong!!

• kaity replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 10:43 am

you cant go wrong with any of those flavors, def gettin it thanks!

McKella — December 18, 2011 at 7:47 am

This weekend has been awesome so far-finally, no parties or obligations at all! My favorite things this Sunday are the latest issue of Yoga Journal that I intend to read, my snuggly kitty (who is currently in my lap), and hopefully the soft ginger cookies I’m going to make tonight.

Tasha @ Voracious Eats — December 18, 2011 at 7:49 am

Ooooh that cookie butter spread looks out of this world! I think I wouldn’t just eat that by the spoonful, but by the bucketfull! You always come up with the most tempting recipes, Averie.

My Sunday best….dark Lindt chocolate, a great time at the stables, Christmas lights, and a good book!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

I just finished our one and only jar of cookie butter this morning. It lasted a whole long 6 days. Kicking myself for not buying more than 1! I should’ve known better…

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 9:42 am

you should just order a half dozen jars of the biscoff spread or raid the nearest TJs and buy a case I’m thinking….the fun you could have with this stuff cooking with it (or just eating it)!

Gillian — December 18, 2011 at 8:30 am

That cookie butter spread looks to die for! My Sunday best today is banana pancakes to start the morning right :)

lauren@spicedplate — December 18, 2011 at 8:38 am

Speaking of donuts…I got my husband a donut pan for the holidays and am printing out one of your donut recipes for inspiration to go in a little donut recipe booklet for him…I have such a sweet tooth today and am really tempted to unwrap the pan and use it but I think I’m going to hold out and just eat chocolate instead.
    So far, though, my sunday best has been french toast pancakes (gluten free!) we make pancakes, and then soak them in egg batter before frying them up again. With maple syrup and some cranberry kumquat chutney…oh lord. heaven.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 9:42 am

that’s so cute about you making a donut recipe booklet..now THAT’s a great gift (for a cook). My hubs is not though. At all… :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — December 18, 2011 at 8:45 am

Still need to try the cookie butter spread, or may that would be dangerous for me. :-) The best list for me is eating out with my mom, relaxing at home with pets and the Sunday paper, going for a gordeous and crisp run outside, and maybe a little gardening.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 9:41 am

You HAVE to try the cookie butter spread. And being that Biscoffs are vegan, I know the Biscoff brand spread is vegan and I’m sure the TJs is, too. Don’t have the label in front of me though right now..

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan — December 18, 2011 at 8:48 am

Can’t WAAAIT for that cookie butter recipe! Especially with fancy foreign Dutch cookie butter :D

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 18th, 2011 at 9:40 am

ok well it’s not as amazing as what I could do in my San Diego kitchen but it’s easy…and really good. When I get back home to where things are literally not melting before my eyes, I have bigger plans for me and cookie butter!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — December 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

oh yes, cookie butter spread is definitely on my list of Sunday Bests too! LOVE the stuff!

lindsay — December 18, 2011 at 9:32 am

sounds like a great sunday to me. but i’d much rather have your cinnabon donut version than cinnabon. Can i fly out to aruba and have you make it? That would make my sunday! hehe.

Amber K — December 18, 2011 at 9:54 am

We don’t usually have any holiday parties to go to, but we did go to church last night to see their Christmas special. Gonna leave soon to volunteer at one of the services today. It’s always super packed from all of the extra people coming! Then looking forward to a Sunday of rest. Although I wish I had the amazing views you have right now to keep me company! :)

Katie — December 18, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Yeah!!!! So excited to try my hand with the coconut oil!

Wendy — December 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I just bought this spread yesterday because I was so intrigued that it is vegan… I have no idea what to do with it!
    I love your blog.. I am just getting my own up and running but you are giving me some great inspiration. The photography realm is new for me as well so I am checking out some of the information you have listed. Thank you!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College — December 18, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Biscoff cookie spread…o my good god I am hunting this down right NOW!!! Amazing…

Such beautiful pictures and that iced coffee looks to die for!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Ahhh, I would die for a cinnabon right now too – mmmmmm! I made a cinnamon roll cake this evening, but it just wasn’t as good as an ooey gooey cinnabon from the mall. And the sad thing is, we don’t have cinnabon in my city … or province :-(

Christin@purplebirdblog — December 19, 2011 at 8:50 am

Go Katie, its your birthday, not for real-real, just for play play! :) Congrats to her, and what I wouldn’t do to get my hands on that cookie butter!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 20, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I need to find me some of that cookie butter when I am in NY next! We have nothing like that here.

mi-an — December 20, 2011 at 9:27 pm

your daily pics of aruba make me so jealous!! :)) p.s. cannot wait for that cookie butter recipe!