20 Father’s Day Gifts Under $20

Newsflash for anyone who hasn’t thought about this yet, Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 17, 2012. Time to start thinking about it.

Here are 20 gift ideas for the Dad who cooks (or likes to have a cold beverage) and all are under $20. Nothing is golf-related, there are no ties, and no grilling tongs.

Who knows, mom may even “borrow” one of dad’s gifts.

1. Owl Measuring Cups, $19

2. Bottle Openers, $7.50 to $9.50 each – Parrot, alligator, mermaid, or turtle

3. Tervis Water Bottle, $19.99

Tervis® Clear 24-Ounce Water Bottle keeps your drink as warm or cold for as long as it takes to enjoy it. This clear insulated tumbler provides a powerful hydration innovation. Comes with easy-open, push-button lid. Opening is large enough to fit ice cubes. Greatly reduces condensation. Fits most cup holders and easily hooks onto backpacks and gym bags.

4. Leather Phone Case with Free Monogramming, $19 – the least food-related of the bunch but I thought it was a great value

5. Cuisinart Sandwich Grill $19.99

Not only does this sandwich grill help you make delicious sandwiches, but you can also use it to make omelets or French toast.

7. Food Thermometer, $7.99

8. Fish Butter Dish, sale $7.99

9. Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with lifetime warranty, $4.99

10. Vintage Wood Board, $15

11. Seven-piece Martini Set, 19.99

12. Seven-piece Bar Set, $19.99

13. Six-piece Mug Set, $19.99

14. Vintage Wood Serving Set, $19

15. Top Chef Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Silicone Base, $11.99 to $19.99

16. Blender, $19.99

17. Immersion Blender, $16.99

18. Creme Brulee Torch Set, $19.99

19. Silpat Baking Mat, $19.83

20. Make him this gift: Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups and Ice Cream

What are you doing for Father’s Day or how will you be honoring the fathers in your life?

No plans for us other than to just make sure Scott has a relaxing day. I’ll cook whatever he wants, we can spend time together as a family, go for a nice walk or whatever flows and is low key and casual.

Any great gift ideas for the father who already seems to have everything?

Truth be told, I’m not buying him any of these gifts. We don’t exchange gifts for holidays anymore and for the past 5+ years we haven’t given each other gifts on birthdays, Mother’s and Father’s days, anniversaries, Christmas and Chanukah, or any other holiday. We buy what we need throughout the year and he told me not to get him anything so I won’t.

But I will cook. The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach after all.

If you have any great gift ideas, link them up. I always like to look.

45 Responses to “20 Father’s Day Gifts Under $20”

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — June 13, 2012 at 3:21 am

What a great post!! I especially love that phone case! it’s so rugged and awesome…my dad would love it! thanks for sharing!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 13, 2012 at 3:52 am

What a great round-up of Father’s Day Ideas Averie! I love those bottle openers, so cute! A silpat wouldn’t come handy for my dad because he does NOT know how to bake a single thing – luckily I get my passion + talent from my beautiful Mom. :)

I’ll be away from my dad this year, but I will be seeing him in a few weeks. I think I’ll make him something carrot cake-y…. bars or muffins of sorts. It’s his FAVORITE! But then again… he’d go nuts over your double chocolate chip cookie cups!!

Jess @ thefitspirit — June 13, 2012 at 3:57 am

What a helpful post my Dad loves to cook, so perfect! There are a few things on the list I wouldn’t mind myself!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:23 am

Glad to hear a few items on the list may work for your dad (or you!)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — June 13, 2012 at 4:44 am

My Dad is such a great cook, it’s unbelievable. That man knows how to grill just about anything… and his cakes? My word… I always used to like when Mom would go out of town and Dad would do all the cooking. We’d eat like KINGS! Great suggestions, Averie. I love the little owl bowls!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:23 am

Well your dad is the perfect guy I had in mind for this list then!

shelly (cookies and cups) — June 13, 2012 at 5:04 am

I am still looking for what to get my guy for Father’s Day! You’ve got some great ideas!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:22 am

Thanks, Shelly…just cook him any of your fabulous goodies and he will be HAPPY!!! :) Would have loved to meet you in Seattle…I have to get to that conference once of these years!

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition — June 13, 2012 at 5:12 am

Great different gifts! YOu tend to always see the same things out there. MY father is impossible to buy gifts for- he’s a little cheap and doesn’t love gifts. I’ve been donating money to charity in his honor but this year I want to buy him something nice to thank him for everything he does for me.

I’m going biking riding on Block Island with my family for father’s day!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:21 am

the donation idea is fabulous and yes, I tried to not include anything to do with golf, ties, socks, or grill tools!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — June 13, 2012 at 6:18 am

wow great ideas! and great list! Have a super day!

Rachel Cooks — June 13, 2012 at 6:19 am

Father’s Day? Forget it! What about Mother’s day? I want all of these things! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:21 am

EXACTLY…I should send it to Scott for Mother’s Day next year :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — June 13, 2012 at 6:19 am

Great gift ideas, thanks for the inspiration. Luckily we don’t exchange gifts with my dad anymore, just cards and taking each other out to eat. Good because he can be a PITA to shop for. :-)

Ashley - baker by nature — June 13, 2012 at 6:20 am

I selfishly just bookmarked like 3 things for me! But I always go home and cook my mom
    A very special meal on fathers day, since she played that role for me as well. Great list, girl!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:21 am

There’s quite a few things I’d “borrow” on this list, too :)

Katie — June 13, 2012 at 6:50 am

I would like everything on this list, but I think my dad would look at me like I have horns if I got him these things..my dad is obviously not classy. ;)

I got him a package of meat from Omaha Steaks – brats, burgers, and hot dogs. That’s how we roll.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 9:20 am

I included beer mugs for any dads who wouldn’t want kitchen-ey stuff! I mean, c’mon!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 13, 2012 at 7:14 am

Awesome ideas but the sad, sad truth is that my father would appreciate none of these! he’s only the most difficult person in the world to shop for… He gets my presence and love instead. haha

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 13, 2012 at 7:32 am

Oooooo, good list, Averie! I need to get. on. that.

Melissa (Better Fit) — June 13, 2012 at 8:18 am

I always find my dad to be difficult to buy for! Living abroad makes it even more difficult. This year, I left a gift with my mom to hand over on the day- a card and some movie coupons for him to enjoy.

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — June 13, 2012 at 8:26 am

Love those owl measuring cups (& I’d totally borrow them!).

I love the phone case!

Annie — June 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

Um, this list would be nice for those getting a gift for ME too. Ha!

vanillasugarblog — June 13, 2012 at 9:25 am

top chef bowls!
    oh I love those.
    how cute.
    I think this list is for girls too! LOL

Kate @ Run with Kate — June 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

I want those owl measuring cups so bad!!! they’re on my wish list now… as if I needed one more thing on that list. :)

CJ at Food Stories — June 13, 2012 at 9:49 am

Love those bottle openers :-)

Amber K — June 13, 2012 at 11:37 am

Not planning on doing anything specific. I do hope to get my grandpa a card since he’s the one man in my life (until I met my husband of course) who showed me that unconditional love does exist!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — June 13, 2012 at 11:53 am

I have that same bar set ;-) I love that phone case – very classy looking. My dad is sooo hard to shop for b/c he tends to just buy whatever he wants already. My sister and I usually end up getting him an assortment of condiments, sauces, anything spicy.

Jen @ Savory Simple — June 13, 2012 at 1:27 pm

My dad would love the leather phone case!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm

We don’t do big gifts for holidays either, but I did get my husband Lego’s for Fathers Day this year. He still loves Lego’s, so he and my son should have fun playing with them together!

Ellen — June 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Oh, my dad would be into the creme brûlée torch!
    Fortunately for my starving artist budget my dad’s request is usually for me to bake for him-my Mom tries to be gluten-free and he misses “normal” cookies.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 13th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I almost didnt put those on there but glad at least one dad would be into them :)

Kalee — June 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I love the monogramed iPhone case!! I already have picked up an iTunes giftcard (I know…how lame am I, but he loves music!) for Fathers day. This will make an excellent Christmas present though! :)

Paula — June 13, 2012 at 6:44 pm

My Dad is a fantastic golfer and just loves it, so golf related gifts are useful to him for Father’s Day. I did NOT get the golf gene and haven’t ever picked up an interest in the game. He (and my husband) like martinis and I like the look of that martini set! My husband is a police officer and is scheduled to work on Sunday–so I should probably make him a good lunch (including a cookie cup w/ ice cream for dessert)!

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry — June 14, 2012 at 6:37 am

Yes, I think I would have to borrow that torch from my hubs! LOL Great list!

Leonor@FoodFaithFitness — June 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Great list! I have a feeling I might be making one of your desserts this weekend. ;)

Michele Sparrow — June 14, 2012 at 9:09 am

I love your ideas for father’s day gifts. I truly wish my father would go for something like any of those things. He just doesn’t cook, really, and honestly, I really think he has EVERYTHING. It’s always a tough one, knowing what to buy him for that special day and I do like to do something, even if it is teeny tiny, as a token of remembrance and love. Usually it is a card with heartfelt feelings written out and the boys signing it as well cause he is their grandFATHER and that is always the crowning touch for him anyways!

As for my man, we usually go out to dinner, just like we did for Mother’s Day, down on the SC wharf and it is always so pleasant. I make breakfast for him, too – or brunch – and it ALWAYS includes eggs! The boys get him funny cards and we spend the day together as a family.

Have a happy Father’s day with Scott and Skylar, Averie!

hena tayeb — June 14, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Great finds.. those double chocolate chip ice cream cups look divine.. I like the owl cups.. and the leather phone case is perfect.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 15, 2012 at 9:27 am

The owl measuring cups are awesome!!!! LOVE those.