Time for an installment of Weekend Things:
1. Tis the season for blueberries. I just can’t get enough.
If you need a few ideas, all of these have become fast favorites. I bake with frozen fruit so you can make them year-round, too. Or swap with the ripe fruit that’s in abundance and taking over your countertop.
2. Three-tiered Stacked Optic-Glass Beverage Server, $77. I don’t have room for this, but it sure is pretty. If you’ve been trying to drink more water or do better with hydrating and keeping your fluids up, walking past this would do the trick.
3. I recently picked up Jerusalem: A Cookbook. After seeing rave review after rave review on blogs and the internet, I had to check this book out. 274 5-star Amazon reviews is always a good sign.
The photography is drop-dead gorgeous, and plentiful. The story-telling is magnificent, and even though I haven’t made a single recipe yet, it was a great buy just from the photos and stories alone.
4. Here’s my recent 12 Favorite Cookbooks post. My cookbook count is always growing and it’s so hard to narrow down my list to just 12. The cookbooks on the list are always out and within reach, rather than being in boxes or in sporadic rotation on my limited bookshelf space.
5. Looking for a new muffin pan? Cook’s Country tested a bunch and here’s the winners and losers.
6. I never use muffin or cupcake liners anymore, an rely on non-stick spray my muffin pan.
The one I’ve been using for about a year and love is this Chicago Metallic Betterbake Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan for $9.66 on Amazon.
It never sticks, even with blueberries baking onto the sides, or with vegan batter, notorious for sticking to paper liners.
7. I couldn’t resist this shirt dress from Anthro. I was walking by the store, saw it on the mannequin, tried it on, and it was so comfy and felt like a pajama top. Sold.
I hate dresses that are constricting and fussy. Dark colors, loose, flowy, easy, breezy. Way better. And the embroidery is gorgeous in person. It’s really vibrant and just pops.
8. I keep seeing ads for my cookbook on my blog. It’s surreal, and wonderful.
It’s usually after I am revisiting a peanut butter recipe on my site, the ad for the book will pop up in the sidebar. Not complaining, of course.
I get all my vitamins and supplements, bulk cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, liquid vanilla stevia drops, bulk white stevia powder, medicinal fancy-grade honey, chia seeds, face cleanser, and so many other things I use every day there.
With free shipping and a discount on top of already rock bottom prices, I always feel like I hit the jackpot.
Enter code AVE630 at checkout to save $10 dollars and go shopping.
10. I picked up these Bluetooth earbuds and although I don’t run frequently with music playing in my ears for safety reasons in a busy city, every now and then on a lazy Sunday morning, some tunes make a run so much more enjoyable.
I got them from a kiosk at the mall and paid twice as much, but this is what they are ECSEM® Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones Headsets Microphone for Iphone 4S 5, Ipad 2 3 4 New iPad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices-IN White, $29.99
Having one little cord behind my head rather than a long cord slapping me in the chest and stomach and getting tangled up is so much nicer.
Thanks for the entries in the Tasty Food Photography Ebook Giveaway
What are your Weekend Things? What summer fruits have you been loving? Favorite muffin pan? Cookbooks you’re into? Recent fun purchases?
If you’ve made anything, done, seen, or bought anything fabulous recently, feel free to link it up in the comments.