Lightened Up Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake

I can and do guzzle iced coffee year-round, but it’s especially refreshing in the summer.

And of course iced coffee is even better when it’s blended with ice cream.

Lightened Up Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake - Iced coffee blended with ice cream is so darn good!! And it's lighter, even better!

The milkshakes are sweet, creamy, rich, satisfying, and I used lighter versions of ingredients.

I blended low-fat cookies and cream ice cream with International Delight’s Mocha Light Iced Coffee.

It’s ready to drink right from the carton and has a smooth mocha flavor. With only 100 calories per 8 ounce serving in the iced coffee I can satisfy my coffee and chocolate cravings in one fell swoop.

It’s great on its own over ice for a refreshing pick-me-up, and it makes awesome milkshakes.

International Delight wants you to enter the Summer Iced Coffee Tumbler Sweepstakes on Facebook.

You can enter daily through the end of August for a chance to win an ID Iced Coffee tumbler. 100 tumblers will be awarded each week.

Between the little bits of cookies which add texture, the mocha undertones, and the sweet creamy ice cream, my family went nuts for these.

And it’s lighter, even better. Makes me think seconds are in order.

Beating the heat never tasted so good.

Print Print Save Save

Lightened Up Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake

I love iced coffee and it's even better when it's blended with ice cream. The milkshakes are sweet, creamy, rich, satisfying, and I used lighter versions of ingredients. Between the little bits of cookies which add texture, the mocha undertones, and the sweet creamy ice cream, my family went nuts for these.

Yield: 1 large milkshake, about 8 ounces

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 0 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

2 scoops low-fat cookies and cream ice cream (or your favorite)
1/2 cup+ International Delight Mocha Light Iced Coffee, or as needed
fat-free whipped cream or whipped topping, optional for garnishing
crushed chocolate-sandwich cookies, optional for garnishing

Directions:

1. To the canister of a blender, add the ice cream, 1/2 cup iced coffee, and blend on high power until smooth. Add additional coffee as necessary or until desired consistency is reached.
  2. Optionally garnish with whipped cream and cookies.
  3. Serve immediately. If desired, extra portion will keep airtight in the freezer for up to 1 month; allow to come up to room temp for about 30 minutes before serving.

Related Recipes

Skinny Caramel Frappuccino – Only 50 Calories Per Serving. Think of all the money and calories you’ll save

Skinny Caramel Frappuccino - Only 50 Calories Per Serving - Recipe at averiecooks.com

Creamy Boozy Iced Coffee – Jazz up your usual iced coffee & try this smooth & creamy version! So good & very refreshing!

Creamy Boozy Iced Coffee - Jazz up your usual iced coffee & try this smooth & creamy version! So good & very refreshing!

Thick and Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie - (vegan, GF) – You’ll need a spoon for this smoothie that tastes like drinkable fudge

Thick and Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (vegan, GF) - You'll need a spoon for this smoothie that tastes like drinkable fudge!

Low-Fat Copycat Wendy’s Frosty – 4 ingredients & a blender is all you need for this spot-on, lighter version of the real thing

Low-Fat Copycat Wendy’s Frosty - 4 ingredients & a blender is all you need for this spot-on, lighter version of the real thing!

Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake – If you love cake batter, this is the smooth and creamy milkshake for you! Have your cake and drink it, too

Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake - If you love cake batter, this is the smooth and creamy milkshake for you! Have your cake and drink it, too!

Skinny 105-Calorie Hot Chocolate

Skinny 105-Calorie Hot Chocolate - You won't miss the calories and fat in this chocolaty and creamy skinny treat!

No-Ice-Cream-Maker Salted Caramel, Bourbon, Nutter Butter and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream - Recipe at averiecooks.com

This post was brought to you by International Delight. Recipe, images, and opinions expressed are my own.

46 Responses to “Lightened Up Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake”

Monica — July 31, 2014 at 3:32 am

Great pictures, Averie! You got me wanting to lick that spoon! Hope you’re having a wonderful summer.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Thanks for the compliments and hope your summer is going great, too!

lisatberry — July 31, 2014 at 3:33 am

Is it wrong that I want this now and it’s early in the morning? My husband loves cookies and cream anything I’ve got to make this for him..What kind of
    oreos did you use that the middles are light brown? Are they Mocha? I just tried Birthday Cake oreos…so good. Thanks for another great recipe to make.

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — July 31, 2014 at 3:45 am

I just poured myself a hot cup of coffee and I am totally wishing that I was drinking this instead. Lightened and and milkshake? Don’t tell me twice! Pinned!

Paula — July 31, 2014 at 4:04 am

There is something about this that reminds me of a DQ blizzard–and even though they’ve been around forever, I still think they were one of the greatest ice cream ideas ever. Cookies and cream was always my favorite so seeing this takes me back a few years! A little iced coffee sounds like the perfect addition for my “grown up” taste. It looks like you used choc filled oreos… I need to try those.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:36 pm

DQ Blizzards are and were the greatest. I grew up eating Doritos, drinking Coke, and having Blizzards and riding my bike around everywhere to collect my treats (local groc store, local convenience store, and local DQ, circa 1980s small town MN, you could do that back then!). Those were the days :)

The Oreos are a smorgasbord of chocolate, PB, and Cookie Dough. I had recently made things using all 3 and used up my odds and ends and just started crumbling :)

Mir — July 31, 2014 at 4:20 am

I can never resist a cookies and cream shake. Especially a lighter one! But adding mocha is just way too awesome!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! — July 31, 2014 at 4:22 am

This seriously looks amaaaaaazing :-D

movita beaucoup — July 31, 2014 at 4:24 am

Why don’t I ever make milkshakes? WHYYYYYY? I guess if I’m gunna start, I should start with something epic like a cookie-topped dealio! Go big or go home…

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Go big or go home… <— my motto in life and thanks for saying hi!! :)

Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolate — July 31, 2014 at 4:50 am

Beating the heat never looked like so much fun, either! These look to die for, Averie!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice — July 31, 2014 at 5:06 am

Wow! Best milkshake EVER! I am seriously craving this right now, Averie! How delicious does this look?! I could definitely trade out my morning coffee for this. Pinned!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Thanks for pinning and milkshakes for breakfast sounds like a plan :)

Mary Frances — July 31, 2014 at 6:19 am

WHAT?! This looks out of this world? I cannot sing this milkshake’s praises enough. Coffee, Oreos, and milkshake combined with lightened up? Breakfast material right here. LOVE. Pinning!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — July 31, 2014 at 6:40 am

I love love this! Iced coffee is the best – and with OREOS? Pink puffy heart. Pinned!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Thanks for pinning and I think next time I will spike it, too :)

Sarah @ The Gold Lining Girl — July 31, 2014 at 6:55 am

Wow, that looks truly amazing. I’m staring at my mug of plain ol’ regular hot coffee with almond milk and it’s feeling more lackluster by the second as I drool over the photos of this milkshake. Good grief that looks delish.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:31 pm

You’re so sweet, Sarah, thank you!

Alice // Hip Foodie Mom — July 31, 2014 at 7:42 am

This milkshake looks amazing!!! love that you used ready made iced coffee. . brilliant. . and fast!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Chung-Ah told me she had a blast with you and if you guys would have been in S.D. I would have invited myself along :)

Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine — July 31, 2014 at 7:52 am

Cookies and Cream ANYTHING is my favorite. So happy this is a lighter version :)

amanda @ fake ginger — July 31, 2014 at 7:52 am

I always look at that iced coffee when I’m grocery shopping but wasn’t sure if I’d like it. Definitely buying it next time I shop! This looks awesome!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Thanks, Amanda, and I will gladly trade you one of these for your guava margaritas! :)

Katy — July 31, 2014 at 8:09 am

I’ve taken a new liking to cookies and cream ice cream and I tried to make a milkshake the other day but since I haven’t made a non-vegan milkshake in years it was an absolute fail (greek yogurt totally doesn’t pair!) this looks delicious and I’m so glad I have a recipe now!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Oh yeah this would be very easy to keep vegan, just use vegan ice cream and black coffee (with a splash of vegan creamer if you want) and you’re set!

ami@naivecookcooks — July 31, 2014 at 9:51 am

I love cookies and creme ice cream so milkshake that flavor is on my hit list!! Bring it on!!

Katie — July 31, 2014 at 9:54 am

Are those the pb oreos? I tried one that someone offered me last week because I couldn’t say no, and WOW. I’m almost glad I can’t eat them all the time because I’d be a whale. :)

You know I love my coffee! I haven’t had any desire for iced coffee yet this year though. Too cool this summer. Which is too bad because I love it!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I think hell would freeze over before you’d ever be a whale :) They’re a combo of Cookie Dough Oreos and PB Oreos and Choc-Filled Oreos. I had made recipes recently with all and had like 10 leftover of each type and just started grabbing and crumbling so honestly, it’s an Oreo smorgasbord.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — July 31, 2014 at 11:17 am

Making it with the iced coffee was so brilliant. I want that right now!
    Funny, my mom always reminded me that cookies n cream milkshakes were not “date food” because your teeth always look terrible afterwards (same with blueberry smoothies). I always remember that every time I see a cookies n cream shake (note to self: drink in private…even though I’m married and he’s stuck with me now!)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:26 pm

LOL I love that story about date food :)

Renee @ Tortillas and Honey — July 31, 2014 at 12:13 pm

What a wonderful light/indulgent treat! These are definitely better than milkshakes in my eyes!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — July 31, 2014 at 1:07 pm

The forecast is 104 today and 108 tomorrow.. I need about 10 of these, stat. Pinned!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 31st, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Thanks for pinning and holy moly girl, stay cool!

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — July 31, 2014 at 4:00 pm

mmmmm, yum! I love a good milkshake!

Denise @ Sweet Peas & Saffron — July 31, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Wow, this look so good! It is HOT here right now, and could totally use one of these…maybe two, since it’s light ;)

jenna @ just j.faye — July 31, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Oh, drool. This looks amazing!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — August 1, 2014 at 5:06 am

I think I’m going to start sipping on shakes non-stop. You know, to beat the heat. It’s lightened up, so that means more shake for me.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — August 1, 2014 at 6:07 am

Wow this is seriously gorgeous Averie! I love that its lightened up!!

Meredith — August 1, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Totally fun summer drink!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — August 7, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Where has this been my whole summer? I’d say my whole life, but… I only started drinking coffee last fall. My mom nearly threatened to throw me out of the house if I did (my dad suffers through the worst caffeine headaches if he doesn’t start his day with 2-4 cups), so I was terrified to try it! But now, iced coffee has been getting me through most of this summer. With almost no time for sleep, it’s practically a necessity, and adding cookies ‘n cream ice cream?? Totally awesome — and since it’s coffee, I can still call it breakfast! Right? ;)

Russell from Chasing Delicious — August 11, 2014 at 8:27 am

Now this is my kind of milkshake!