Creamy Boozy Iced Coffee
This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy Boozy Iced Coffee – This is the fastest and easiest method way to make iced coffee that I’ve tried, and I’ve tried plenty. As long as you keep a stash of chilled coffee in your fridge, you can make a smooth, creamy, rich, and fancy-tasting drink in just one minute.
I love iced coffee so much that I can’t even order it from a coffee shop unless I wanted to go broke.
I can slam a $4 drink in 14 seconds.
It’s better for my wallet that I make my own iced coffee at home.
Plus, at home I can add booze.
I’ve never understood the mystique behind iced coffee and why people are so impressed, yet intimated by it.
Like Chocolate Chip Cookies, there are so many different recipes and ways to make it. Yet in the end, they all taste fairly similar. The difference is that some of them seem ridiculously complicated and labor-intensive.
My method is extremely fast and easy. Brew a pot coffee. Drink whatever hot coffee you want. Take the leftover and pour it into a jar or pitcher and refrigerate it. You can also pour some into ice cube trays for coffee ice cubes.
I always keep a stash of chilled coffee in my fridge and when I’m ready for an iced coffee, I simply pour it over ice and stir in cream and sweetener.
I also added Frangelico. It’s a liqueur made with toasted hazelnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, cocoa and vanilla extract. The flavor profile is right up my alley. You’d be hard pressed to find a dessert recipe of mine that doesn’t use at least one, or three or four, or those elements.
It’s so well-suited for adding a splash of it to coffee. You can add it to warm coffee of course, but at this time of year, iced coffee is especially tasty. Then again, I drink steaming hot coffee in July and iced coffee in January. Coffee knows no seasons.
There’s a recipe for Iced Coffee on Frangelico’s site, but it’s made with espresso, but not everyone has an espresso maker.
Instead I used Dark Sumatra coffee, courtesy of the Trader.
The drink is creamy, sweet enough, and the flavor of the hazelnuts in the Frangelico shines.
There are hints of cocoa in Frangelico, and I played that up and added dark chocolate shavings to the drink. Feel free to add a squirt of chocolate syrup. Take any excuse to work in more chocolate into your life.
I don’t normally add whipped cream to coffee but this was a special occasion so I went for it. The creamier the better. I’m that person who likes a little coffee with my cream.
It’s smooth, tastes luxurious and fancy, but it’s so fast and easy. It’s truly the 1 minute iced coffee.
It goes down so fast and easy, too. It’s almost Friday of a holiday weekend. Cheers!
- 6 ounces strong brewed coffee, well-chilled
- large handful of ice cubes. tip: freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays for coffee ice cubes
- 1 ounce Frangelico
- 1 ounce half-and-half, or to taste (or cream, milk, flavored coffee creamer, non-dairy milk to keep vegan)
- sweetener to taste - sugar, stevia, vanilla stevia, or your favorite sweetener
- whipped topping (or whipped coconut cream to keep vegan), optional for garnishing
- pinch dark chocolate shavings, optional for garnishing
- squirt of chocolate syrup, optional
- Brew coffee. Allow it to cool, and pour cooled coffee into a pitcher or large jar. Refrigerate until chilled; overnight is best. I always keep a stash of chilled coffee in the refrigerator.
- Add ice cubes to a large glass. Pour coffee over ice.
- Add Frangelico, half-and-half, sweetener, and stir to combine.
- Optionally, garnish with whipped topping, chocolate shavings, chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.
- Take care all ingredients used are suitable for your dietary needs. Drink is intended for those whom alcohol consumption is appropriate. Always drink responsibly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Vanilla Iced Coffee – I’ll never forget the very hot day in Aruba that I took these pictures, almost 2 years ago to the date
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – Make in blender in less than 1 minute
Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria (vegan, GF)
Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch (vegan, GF)
Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini – Only 103 calories per drink
Have you ever tried Frangelico? Coffee or iced coffee fan?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.