Easy Mini Pot Pies

These are the easiest and fastest pot pies ever. With only three main ingredients.

They’re total comfort-food-in-a-hurry, the best kind.

Easy Mini Pot Pies - Comfort food in a hurry that everyone loves! Just 3 main ingredients and 30 minutes until these babies are ready!

My family inhaled the pot pies almost as fast as fast as I made them, but I pretended that I slaved over them.

You’ll need a muffin pan and just three ingredients: an 8-count tube of refrigerated biscuits, a can of condensed soup, and a frozen vegetable blend.

I used Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin’ Biscuits and I recommend a bigger biscuit like Grands. You want to make sure there’s enough biscuit to fully contain the filling.

To keep the pot pies vegetarian, I used cream of potato condensed soup, but cream of chicken would be the logical choice if you’re not. Or try cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or similar.

I used Trader Joe’s Organic Foursome Frozen Vegetables, a blend of green beans, peas, corn, and carrots. Use your favorite veggie blend or fresh if you have them.

Stir the veggies into the soup, smoosh the biscuits between your palms to create pancake-sized discs, place the discs in a muffin pan, add the filling, and bake.

Supremely easy but my family raved about the pot pies tasting like a million bucks. They didn’t miss the meat, but add cooked and diced chicken if you prefer.

They’re a great option for brunch, a quick weeknight dinner, and they’re portable which is handy. I tossed the leftovers into my daughter’s lunchbox.

The pot pies scream game-day food. I’ve already had requests to make them again for football parties.

Print Print Save Save

Easy Mini Pot Pies

These are the easiest and fastest pot pies ever with only three main ingredients: an 8-count tube of refrigerated biscuits, a can of condensed soup, and a frozen vegetable blend. They’re total comfort-food-in-a-hurry, the best kind. Keep them vegetarian as I did, or add cooked and diced chicken if you prefer. They’re a great option for brunch, a quick weeknight dinner, game days, and they're portable which is handy.

Yield: 8 single-serve pot pies

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: about 23 minutes

Total Time: about 35 minutes, for cooling

Ingredients:

one 8-count tube refrigerated biscuits (about 16 ounces; I used Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin' Biscuits and recommend a bigger biscuit like Grands)

one 10.5 ounce can cream-style condensed soup (cream of chicken or cream of potato/mushroom/celery to keep vegetarian )

2 cups frozen vegetable blend, thawed and drained (I used Trader Joe's Organic Foursome Frozen Vegetables, a blend of green beans, peas, corn, and carrots; fresh vegetables may be used)

up to 1 cup cooked and diced chicken, optional (if using, reduce vegetables by about 1/2 cup)

salt and pepper to taste, optional

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan with cooking spray or floured cooking spray; set aside.
  2. Open biscuits and flatten 1 biscuit between palms so it's the size of an average pancake, about 5 inches in diameter.
  3. Place flattened biscuit in prepared pan, pressing it down firmly into base and around sides. Repeat with 7 remaining biscuits. Tip - Biscuits rise and puff in oven and I recommend staggering biscuits in pan since you'll have 4 extra empty cavities; set pan aside.
  4. To a large bowl add the vegetables, soup, optional chicken, optional salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
  5. Before adding the filling, press biscuits down one more time firmly into pan. They have a tendency to spring up and you want the maximize amount of area for the filling.
  6. Scoop about 1/3 cup filling mixture into each biscuit, dividing it equally. Filling should be just slightly domed above top edge of biscuit.
  7. Bake for about 23 minutes or until edges of biscuits are very lightly golden brown and filling has set up some. Start watching closely at 18 minutes since all ovens and ingredients vary.
  8. Allow pot pies to cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing and serving. They will shrink some as they cool. Pot pies are best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days; reheat gently before serving.

Related Recipes

100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy & only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!

100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) - Healthy, easy & only 100 calories! You'll want to keep a stash on hand!

White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs

White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs - Fast & easy comfort food that's ready in 15 minutes! The Dijon & cheese just jazz these eggs right up!

Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy

Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth (vegan, GF) - Easy soup that's healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy!  Bye-bye germs!

Mini Blue Cheese Quiche in Phyllo Cups

Mini Blue Cheese Quiche in Phyllo Cups averiecooks.com

Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet (GF) – Easy, cheesy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes!

Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet (GF) - Easy, cheesy comfort food that's ready in 15 minutes!

43 Responses to “Easy Mini Pot Pies”

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — August 24, 2014 at 8:56 pm

We love pot pies but they take so much time and work. I love this idea for easy and mini pies! Pinned!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 24th, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for pinning, Anna! And glad these were super fast & easy!

Denise @ Sweet Peas & Saffron — August 24, 2014 at 10:25 pm

These are so brilliant! My BF loves pot pies, but I hate slaving over them…what a perfect solution, and so easy, too! Pinned :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:47 am

And you have a little one too so there’s no way you have the time/desire to be slaving away over those all-day pot pie recipes! Thanks for pinning!

Elizabeth — August 24, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Wow can’t believe how easy these look to make! Definitely trying them – esp when it cools down a bit. Yum.

xx Elizabeth

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 25, 2014 at 2:50 am

This is my kind of comfort food! And I just love the short ingredient list. I have everything on hand!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:46 am

This is totally your kind of food and thank you for pinning of course :)

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — August 25, 2014 at 3:06 am

3 Ingredients to perfect comfort food?! Count me in! I love pot pies in restaurants but I never make them because this girl don’t got time for that. These are awesome! Pinning :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:46 am

Thanks for pinning and you’re so right about not having time for the long, drawn-out pot pie recipes. Ummm, no thank you! And who does have time to cook like that with those all day recipes? Not me!

lisatberry — August 25, 2014 at 3:14 am

I love mini food…it tastes better and you can always have more than one. This is a great recipe and with different veggies and soups the options are endless…thanks for a great easy supper or football snack, tailgating starts this friday so these could very well be on the menu.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:44 am

with different veggies and soups the options are endless = EXACTLY! So, so many combos. Like you could stand in the soup aisle all day, and then in the frozen veg aisle, and keep coming up with stuff forever!

And I have another football-ish recipe later this week. I actually planned ahead for this week :)

Paula — August 25, 2014 at 4:12 am

I never knew pot pies could be so easy–and I like the biscuit dough idea rather than the usual pie crust! My mom told me about a pot pie recipe she tried last year and every little part of it was from scratch. She offered to pass on the recipe but I declined after she told me it was an all day affair. These are MUCH more my speed:)! I’d love to try these over the weekend.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:43 am

All day affair recipes…yeah, not exactly for the busy working woman or mothers. Even if you DID have the time, who would WANT to do that! ha! Not me :)

There are times for scratch crust and there are times for not. This is a not for me for sure!

• Paula replied: — September 1st, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I decided these would be a good for part of a Labor Day meal since there isn’t much laboring involved. The filling is a cinch and smooshing biscuit dough for the muffin pan is just plain fun! They taste great too ( and Jon loved them). I added a little cheese into the mix. I love this recipe–there are so many possibilities with soup and veggies and I have leftovers too!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — September 1st, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Planned leftovers, always a bonus!

And yes, you could use up just about ANY veggie you have on hand or any random canned soup. Between the veggies and the soup, you could make endless combos & versions of this and never make it exactly the same twice! Thanks for trying these, Paula, and glad you and Jon enjoyed them!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice — August 25, 2014 at 4:58 am

These are the cutest pot pies that I’ve ever seen, Averie! Mini foods are so much fun. Love these!

Jane — August 25, 2014 at 5:23 am

I like these types of muffins, easy to make, portable, and tasty.

Kris — August 25, 2014 at 5:44 am

Ha! I love it when your midwest roots come out. I read once that a midwest cook can make a meal out of anything if she has a can of cream-of-whatever soup on her cupboard. I try to avoid using it, overall, but sometimes there’s something comforting about it. This looks like a fun recipe.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:41 am

That’s funny. I’ve never heard it put quite like that but it’s a spot-on comment! This is something that you could feed a family on for like 12 cents and it’s warm and cozy, the true epitome of a midwestern recipe that’ll keep you warm inside when it’s 40 below!

Kate @ Babaganosh.org — August 25, 2014 at 6:13 am

These look delicious and so ridiculously simple. And I love that they are portable and toy still eat delicious food on the go.

Question: will the top of the pot pies set or will they stay liquid-y? It seems like soup + vegetables won’t really set into a solid and these could get messy? Or do they set during baking?

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:36 am

They really do set during baking as long as you use a cream-style thicker soup. The top is set, the inside is very slightly soft.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — August 25, 2014 at 6:45 am

Okay, you’re a genius, really. Because the fact that these include biscuits? Means Jordan will eat them. THANK YOU. A dinner I don’t have to fight over!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 7:36 am

And they may even conform to your hubby’s clean-ish eating! :)

Heather @ Shards of Lavender — August 25, 2014 at 7:56 am

Growing up, my mom used to buy us those Banquet potpies as a dinner treat from time to time. I know, not the healthiest, but we always looked forward to them:) Loving the ease of these mini potpies and that you used canned biscuits for the crust! Pinned so my kids can make these for us…

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 8:44 am

I love that you’re having your KIDS make these for you…now that’s a nice thought!

Katie — August 25, 2014 at 8:26 am

Girl I ate pot pies weekly growing up, but I’m talking about those frozen Banquet-brand NASTIES. These are GOURMET compared to those. Wish you’d been my mom growing up!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 8:43 am

I bet your family would gobble these up – they’re total midwestern comfort food :)

Eve @ Baking the Day — August 25, 2014 at 11:10 am

What a great idea, Averie! Pot pies are serious comfort food and what is better than having your comfort food made super easy with only three ingredients! Pinned!

Alexis @ Upside Down Pear — August 25, 2014 at 11:53 am

I’ve never made a pot pie because when I want dinner I want it like now. These look super delicious and much less work than a full pie. I will definitely be making these soon!

Kyla @ Two Cups Cacao — August 25, 2014 at 12:14 pm

There’s no way those have only three ingredients! They look so delicious I’d swear that they’d require hours in the kitchen, paired with an endless list of ingredients. I will definitely have to make these. I love things that are simple yet tasty. Pinning!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for pinning and yep, only 3 little ingredients :)

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — August 25, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Oh sufferin’ succotash—I sure could use some comfort food today. My day job is trying to run me over with a steam roller. These little guys make for GREAT lunch material.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 25th, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Eekk sorry about the stress…Monday, never an easy day! These (and a glass of wine or three) should do the trick :)

Danae @ Recipe Runner — August 25, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Pot pies are one of my favorite comfort foods. I definitely need to try these cute little easy to make mini ones! Pinned!

Sommer @ASpicyPerspective — August 26, 2014 at 10:11 am

Loving this yummy comfort food!

jenna @ just j.faye — August 27, 2014 at 10:09 am

Oh my, genius!

cherry fe vallejo — September 2, 2014 at 1:25 am

yummy perfect dish for kids hmmmm love love :) Thank you :) private chef in austin texas

Amanda @ Cookie Named Desire — September 4, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Oh my gosh, these are so cute and I love how low calorie they are. I definitely going to have to make these soon. Pinned!