15-Minute Chicken, Vegetable, and Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
15-Minute Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Ramen Noodles — Don’t call for takeout when you can make this EASY Asian stir fry in minutes!! HEALTHIER and faster than takeout and great for busy weeknights!!
Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
The next time you’re tempted to call for Asian takeout, put down you phone and make this ramen noodle stir-fry instead. It’s so easy, ready in 15 minutes, and layered with Asian-inspired flavors. It’s healthier than what you’d get in a restaurant, you’re in charge of the ingredients, and it will make you forget about that takeout.
I cooked the chicken in a mixture of sesame and olive oils before adding broccoli, red peppers, baby carrots, and bamboo shoots. Later, I added cooked ramen noodles, green onions, and sesame seeds.
I made sure not to overcook the vegetables so they stayed perfectly crisp-tender. Nobody wants to bite into a piece of mushy broccoli, so less is more when it comes to cooking vegetables in a stir-fry. Those crunchy veggies are the perfect contrast to the tender noodles.
The beauty is that all the ingredients for this ramen stir-fry are readily available in any grocery store and many of them you probably already have in your produce drawer just waiting to be used!
What’s in Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry?
To make this healthy chicken stir-fry (and the irresistible chicken stir-fry sauce!), you’ll need:
- Chicken-flavored ramen
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Broccoli florets
- Red bell pepper
- Baby corn
- Bamboo shoots
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Chili garlic sauce
- Ground ginger
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Add the oils to a skillet and cook the diced chicken until mostly cooked through. Then, add in the veggies and bamboo shoots and cover to steam until crisp-tender.
After the chicken and veggies are done, add in two packages of cooked ramen noodles. Discard the seasoning packets, aka salt bombs, and cook the noodles in plain water.
Cook the mixture for another few minutes, or until the chicken stir-fry sauce is heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Here’s a video on how to make chicken and vegetable stir-fry:
Can I Use Another Type of Noodle?
Absolutely! I’ve made this chicken noodle stir-fry with thin spaghetti noodles in the past and it tastes just as delicious. Any thin noodle should work in this chicken and vegetable stir-fry.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, chicken thighs or even ground chicken will work in this ramen noodle stir-fry. Just keep in mind that ground chicken may have a different cook time than diced chicken breasts or thighs.
Tips for Making Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
To add authentic Asian flavor as well as a bit of heat, I used both soy sauce, ginger, and chili garlic sauce. I used 3 heaping tablespoons and we thought the dish had slight heat after you’ve eaten a whole serving but if you’re more sensitive to spices than we are, I would start with 1 or 2 tablespoons. You can always add more later.
The great thing about stir-fries are that they are very flexible based on what you have on hand and enjoy. Use them as a way to clean out the mishmash of veggies in your produce drawer.
Rather than using the vegetables I used, you can incorporate mushrooms, sugar snap peas, carrots, onions, or your favorites. Add water chestnuts rather than bamboo shoots or baby corn.
Or play around with the sauces. Swap teriyaki sauce for soy sauce or try sweet chili sauce rather than chili garlic sauce.
- two 3-ounce packages chicken-flavored ramen, discard seasoning packets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 to 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- one 14.5-ounce can baby corn, drained and halved if necessary
- one 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more if desired
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 to 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced into thin rounds
- sesame seeds, optional for garnishing
- salt and pepper, optional and to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside. While noodles are cooking, move on to the next step.
- To a very large skillet or wok, add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium high-heat for about 4 minutes, or until chicken is nearly cooked through; flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers, baby corn, bamboo shoots, cover, and allow vegetables to steam for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until just becoming crisp-tender.
- Add the noodles to the skillet, and add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, ginger, and stir to combine to incorporate the noodles and vegetables. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle with the green onions, optional sesame seeds, taste and decide if you need to add salt and pepper or more soy sauce, and serve immediately.
- Stir fry is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 129mg Sodium: 1204mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 14g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 49g
More Healthy Stir-Fry Recipes:
Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles – Skip takeout and make this EASY stir fry that’s ready in 15 minutes! Loaded with juicy chicken, crisp-tender veggies, comforting noodles, and Asian-inspired flavors! Perfect for busy weeknights!
Easy Sweet and Sour Asian Noodles – So much flavor in these easy noodles that are ready in 30 minutes! Plenty of vegetables add great crunch! You won’t miss takeout when homemade tastes way better and is healthier!
Peanut Chicken with Peanut Noodles – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, tastes better, and way healthier than takeout! Peanut sauce automatically makes everything taste amazing!
Skinny Broccoli and Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry – Skip takeout and make your own fast, easy, and healthy stir fry! Think of all the money and calories you’ll save!
Thai Coconut Chicken Stir-Fry – Chicken, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, and carrots simmered in a rich coconut milk broth that’s irresistible! Layers of flavor, easy, ready in 20 minutes and healthy!
Mandarin Orange Chicken Stir-Fry – An easy Asian stir fry with tender chicken, juicy oranges, and veggies! Skip takeout and make this one skillet recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and perfect for busy weeknights!
Better-Than-Takeout Cashew Chicken – Juicy chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and crunchy cashews coated with the best garlicky soy sauce! Skip takeout and make your own restaurant-quality meal that’s easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthier!
Easy Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice – One-skillet, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll never want takeout again after tasting how good homemade is! Way more flavor, not greasy, and loads of juicy chicken!
Sesame Mango Chicken – An easy Asian-inspired recipe with tender sesame chicken, juicy mango, and soy-garlic-ginger infused cabbage and carrots! One skillet, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights!
Chicken Egg Roll Bowls – Deconstructed egg roll bowls reduce the calories, fat, and carbs of traditional egg rolls without sacrificing flavor! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and way better than takeout!