No-Bake Peanut Butter Silk Oreo Pie
I’m not a pie maker but I made an exception for this one for a few reasons.
It’s easy. It’s no-bake. And I cheated and used a storebought Oreo cookie crust. Don’t hate me because I like shortcuts and easy desserts. You probably do too.
It’s perfect for Pi Day tomorrow, 3.14
The pie is full of rich peanut butter flavor, it’s salty-and-sweet, and it’s creamy from whipped topping. Oh yes, another shortcut. I love me some Cool Whip.
If you don’t have whipped topping in your area or are opposed to using it, this probably isn’t the pie for you. I don’t recommend using real whipped cream because it will deflate and you’ll have a #piefail on your hands.
Tangy cream cheese adds another flavor dimension and balances the sweetness from the whipped topping. The smooth filling in contrast with the crunchy Oreo cookie crust is a total win.
Peanuts and mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top add even more crunch and texture which we loved.
I appreciate that this pie is served chilled and love rich desserts like brownies or this pie served chilled.
It would be great for (summertime) events because you can make it in advance a couple days in advance, pop it in the fridge, and forget about it.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Silk Oreo Pie
The pie is easy, no-bake, and uses a storebought Oreo cookie crust. It's full of rich peanut butter flavor and perfectly sweet and creamy from whipped topping. Tangy cream cheese adds another flavor dimension. The smooth filling in contrast with the crunchy Oreo cookie crust is a total win. Mini chocolate chips and peanuts sprinkled on top add more crunch and texture. It's great for a events. You can make it in advance, pop it in the fridge, and forget about it.
Yield: one 9-inch pie, serves 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 4+ hours, for chilling and setting up
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (use Jif, Skippy, etc. and not something that's 'natural' and can separate)
- 4 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (use full fat so pie sets up)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- one 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- one 9-inch Oreo crust (6-ounce storebought or scratch, I used storebought)
- 1/3 cup honey roasted peanuts (salted peanuts may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To a large bowl, add the peanut butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar and beat with a handheld electric mixer on low to medium-low speed until small, pebble-sized balls form.
- Add the whipped topping and beat on high speed until smooth, stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary. The mixture is thick and I needed to beat it for about 4 to 5 minutes to get it smooth.
- Turn out into prepared crust (you don't need to bake the crust if using storebought; if using this scratch crust bake for 10 minutes).
- Evenly sprinkle with the peanuts and mini chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerated until set, at least 4 hours (overnight is better). Keep chilled until serving.
Filling adapted from Taste of Home
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
75+ Peanut Butter Recipes on my blog!
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – Peanut butter is used 3 WAYS: In the dough, with peanut butter cups, and Reese’s Pieces! Easy, no mixer, super soft center with chewy edges, and tastes amazing!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast amd easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways! If you’re a peanut butter lover, this is for you!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie – 3 fave cookies combined into 1 giant cookie! So easy & ready in 25 minutes. Pop it in before dinner and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars – Nutter Butter crust, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter cream cheese filling! Easy, almost no-bake, and beyond amazing! Lives up to their dreamy name!
The Best French Silk Pie – Homemade French Silk is the most amazing thing ever! You have to make this! Beyond words how crazy good it is!
Peanut Butter Smores Cookie Pie – A peanut butter and graham cracker cookie underneath gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate! You don’t need a campfire for these easy and amazing smores! Grab a spoon and dig in!
Easy Blender-Batter Self-Crusting Cheesecake – No crust to make and whiz the batter together in the blender! Easy, foolproof, and so good!
Crack Pie – The infamous pie that lives up to it’s name! Addictive and wonderful!