Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
This post may contain affiliate links.
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Cake — Peanut butter is used 3 WAYS: In the dough, with peanut butter cups, and Reese’s Pieces!! EASY, no mixer, super soft center with chewy edges, and tastes AMAZING!!
Easy Cookie Cake Recipe
Calling all peanut butter lovers, this pie is for you. As well as for anyone looking for a fast, easy, no mixer dessert that’s a guaranteed hit. Peanut butter is incorporated three ways — in the dough, with Reese’s Pieces, and with peanut butter cups.
And if that wasn’t enough, I broke out some fun chocolate and orange sprinkles because sprinkles make everything better. If you don’t impulse buy and hoard seasonal sprinkles at Target like I do, use regular chocolate jimmies.
The cookie cake / pie is slightly crisp around the edges and buttery soft and chewy in the center. There’s lots of texture from the sprinkles, the crunchy Reese’s Pieces shells, and it’s exploding with bigtime peanut butter flavor. It’s just irresistible.
What’s in Peanut Butter Cookie Cake?
I know this ‘cake’ is made in a pie plate, but it required a deeper baking dish since it’s so fully loaded. Whatever you want to call this cookie masterpiece, here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Creamy peanut butter
- All-purpose flour
- Reese’s Pieces
- Mini peanut butter cups
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
Mix together the cookie dough as you usually would, gently stirring in the sprinkles and Reese’s Pieces last. Turn the dough into a 9-inch pie plate and top with peanut butter cups.
Bake the homemade cookie cake until the center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
Can I Use Natural Peanut Butter?
No, I recommend using a ‘traditional’ peanut butter brand like Jif or Skippy. Natural and homemade peanut butters are oiler and tend to separate in baked goods.
Tips for Making a Homemade Cookie Cake
After melting the butter, wait a minute or two before adding in the raw egg. You don’t want to scramble it!
Use any color sprinkles you’d like in this recipe. I used brown and orange fall-themed sprinkles to match the Reese’s Pieces, but any color will work.
Because this peanut butter cookie cake is baked in a pie plate, there’s no need to chill the dough first. Win!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- heaping 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup brown and orange fall-themed sprinkles (substitute with chocolate jimmies)
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces, plus more for sprinkling
- about 10 to 12 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the sprinkles and stir to combine.
- Add the Reese’s Pieces and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smooth the top lightly with a spatula, and add the peanut butter cups, evenly spaced over the surface. Push them down so that they’re flush with the dough.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra Reese’s Pieces over the surface for visual appeal, lightly tapping them down.
- Bake for about 26 to 29 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow pie to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Storage: Pie will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 9g
More Easy Peanut Butter Desserts:
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bars — Easy, no-bake, soft, chewy peanut butter bars topped with chocolate and candy! Great for using up extra candy because you can top with any candy!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter used 3 different ways. Great for pantry odds-and-ends clean out!
Reese’s Pieces Cookies — Peanut butter, Reese’s Pieces, and chocolate chips in every bite of these scrumptious cookies!
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars — Loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter cups and chocolate!! Soft, gooey and totally irresistible! Everything’s better with peanut butter cups!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies — Fudgy brownies with a layer of peanut butter cheesecake and topped with peanuts and peanut butter cups!! Rich, decadent, and amazing! A must-make for all peanut butter lovers!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars — Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the peanut butter! And all the chocolate!
Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars – Keep the napkins handy for these soft, gooey bars dripping with the best caramel-peanut butter sauce!
Frosted Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies — Easy, soft, and chewy cookies that are full of rich peanut butter flavor!! The frosting is light, fluffy, AMAZING, and my new favorite! You’ll want to eat it by the spoonful!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.