Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Bars
Except I made them as cookie bars rather than individual cookies.
Bars are faster, easier, there’s no dough to chill, they’re made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer.
I adapted my infamous blondie base recipe. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
The bars are dense, soft, chewy, buttery, and have plenty of rich peanut butter flavor. It feels so good sinking your teeth into them.
And of course each piece is topped with a Kiss.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Bars
Just like the classic cookies except made as cookie bars rather than individual cookies. Bars are faster, easier, there’s no dough to chill, they’re made in one bowl, and you don’t need a mixer. The bars are dense, soft, chewy, buttery, have plenty of peanut butter flavor, and each is topped with a Kiss.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Jif, Skippy or similar; natural PB can separate and/or be too oily)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- about 9 unwrapped chocolate Kisses (if you cut your bars smaller, you’ll need more Kisses)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 21 to 24 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- After removing pan from the oven, evenly add the Kisses, pressing each one down slightly so that it adheres.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. Bars are best fresh but will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container at room temp or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Adapted from Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Peanut Butter Blossoms – A soft and chewy recipe for the classic cookie that stays soft! Easy, full of rich peanut butter flavor, and topped with a Kiss! Always a cookie jar or cookie exchange favorite!
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars – Loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter cups and chocolate! Soft, gooey and totally irresistible! Everything’s better with peanut butter cups!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of peanut butter cheesecake and topped with peanuts and peanut butter cups!! Rich, decadent, and amazing! A must-make for all peanut butter lovers!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the peanut butter! And all the chocolate!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars – Peanut butter cups baked into soft, gooey, chewy bars that are topped with sweetened condensed milk!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars – The taste and texture of cookies, minus the work of making individual cookies. Soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chunks!
Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Blondies – Easy one-bowl, no mixer. Super soft and gooey!
Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars – Keep the napkins handy for these soft, gooey bars dripping with the best caramel-peanut butter sauce!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter used 3 different ways. Great for pantry odds-and-ends clean out!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Nutter Butter Bars – Nutter Butters baked in along with peanut butter and chocolate chips for a very rich and decadent treat!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – So much better than a bowl of plain oatmeal! Easy, portable bars perfect for snacks or breakfast on-the-go!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars – Nutter Butter crust, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter cream cheese filling! Easy, almost no-bake, and beyond amazing! Lives up to their dreamy name!