Peanut Butter Smores Cookie Pie
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love making cookie pies because they’re faster and easier than making cookies and this one is no exception.
But it’s how amazing it tastes that really matters. Seriously one of the best desserts I’ve had in awhile and it’s so easy.
Warm, gooey, peanut butter, chocolate, marshmallows – all the elements for a perfect comfort food dessert in my book.
Underneath a layer of lightly toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate chips is a graham cracker crumb-peanut butter cookie. Why just have graham crackers in your smores if you can spike them with peanut butter.
The cookie stays super soft and gooey in the middle and is slightly chewy around the edges. It’s perfect with the soft, fluffy marshmallows.
I married two crowd favorites, Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie and Smores Brownie Pie, for this pie. It’s an easy, no-mixer recipe comes together in minutes and is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Smiles and smores, minus the work of a campfire, count me in. My daughter attacked the cookie pie like nobody’s business and loved it.
While you could serve the cookie pie neatly plated with forks, I prefer to just dig in with spoons.
Smores have never been a neat and dainty type of dessert and the pie follows suit.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/3 heaping cup peanut butter (I use Jif, Skippy or similar; natural PB can separate and/or be too oily)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch glass pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 17 to 18 minutes, or until edges and center have set, but if you tested with a toothpick the center will not be completely done which is fine because it bakes for another 10 minutes after adding the marshmallows.
- Remove pie from oven, evenly sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and return pie to oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are puffed, slightly melted, and as very lightly toasted as desired. Watch very closely because all ovens and marshmallows vary and they can go from white to burnt in the span of 30 seconds. I stand in front of my oven, watch, and remove the pie at a seconds notice. Allow pie to cool in dish for about 5 minutes, or until cool enough to serve, if you’re digging in with spoons. If you want to plate this dessert, allow pie to cool for about 30 minutes because the cookie firms up as it cools and it’s much easier to get clean slices. Pie is best warm and fresh but will keep for airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
Adapted from Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways. If you’re a peanut butter lover, this is for you!
Smores Brownie Pie – No campfire? No problem! Fudgy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. Best smores ever!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Samoas Cookie Pie – Move over Girl Scout Cookies! The flavor in this easy, giant cookie is 100% spot-on! Hello year-round cookie season!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie – 3 fave cookies combined into 1 giant cookie! So easy and ready in 25 minutes. Pop it in before dinner and enjoy!
Marshmallow Caramel Oreo Cookie S’Mores Bars – A layer of Oreo cookies topped with marshmallows, chocolate, and caramel! An easy treat everyone loves!
Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars – Graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate and more make up these easy bars loaded with gooey crunch in every bite!
Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars – Almost no-bake bars with a chocolate layer that’s just amazing! Chocolate, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies on top of white chocolate and graham crackers! I included the recipe in my first cookbook!
Soft and Chewy Smores Cookies – Cookies complete with marshmallows, graham crackers, and loads of melted chocolate for the perfect smores, in cookie form!
Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Graham Crackers made into Smores – Making your own graham crackers, and then turning them into smores, is definitely worth it!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.