Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores Pie — A peanut butter and graham cracker cookie underneath gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate!! You don’t need a campfire for these easy and AMAZING smores! Grab a spoon and dig in!!
Peanut Butter S’mores Pie Recipe
I love making cookie pies because they’re faster and easier than making cookies and this one is no exception. But it’s how amazing it tastes that really matters. Seriously one of the best desserts I’ve had in awhile and it’s so easy.
Warm, gooey, peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallows — all the elements for a perfect comfort food dessert in my book.
Underneath a layer of lightly toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate chips is a graham cracker crumb-peanut butter cookie. Why just have graham crackers in your s’mores if you can spike them with peanut butter?
The peanut butter cookie pie stays super soft and gooey in the middle and is slightly chewy around the edges. It’s perfect with the soft, fluffy marshmallows.
I married two crowd favorites, Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie and S’mores Brownie Pie, for this pie. It’s an easy, no-mixer recipe comes together in minutes and is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Smiles and s’mores, minus the work of a campfire, count me in.
My daughter attacked the cookie pie like nobody’s business and loved it.
What’s in S’mores Pie?
To make this peanut butter cookie pie with s’mores topping, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Peanut butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Mini marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter S’mores Pie
Mix together the peanut butter cookie dough as if you were making traditional cookies. Turn the dough into a greased 9-inch pie plate, then bake until the edges and center have set (but it’s not yet baked fully through).
Sprinkle the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips on top, then return the cookie pie to the oven for another 10 minutes. This peanut butter cookie pie needs to rest a few minutes on your countertop before it can be served.
Do I Have to Use a Pie Plate?
I’ve only made this cookie cake pie recipe as written, so I’m not sure what other pan(s) you could bake the cookie pie in.
Can I Use Natural Peanut Butter?
No, I recommend using a “traditional” peanut butter like Jif or Skippy or similar. Natural peanut butter can separate and/or be too oily.
Tips for Making a Cookie Cake Pie
When baking this s’mores pie, watch very closely because all ovens and marshmallows vary and they can go from white to burnt in the span of 30 seconds. I stand in front of my oven, watch, and remove the pie at a second’s notice.
While you could serve the cookie pie neatly plated with forks, I prefer to just dig in with spoons. S’mores have never been a neat and dainty type of dessert and the pie follows suit.
Allow the s’mores pie to cool in the dish for about 5 minutes if you’re digging in with spoons. If you want to plate this dessert, allow pie to cool for about 30 minutes because the cookie firms up as it cools and it’s much easier to get clean slices.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/3 heaping cup peanut butter (I use Jif, Skippy or similar; natural PB can separate and/or be too oily)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch glass pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 17 to 18 minutes, or until edges and center have set, but if you tested with a toothpick the center will not be completely done which is fine because it bakes for another 10 minutes after adding the marshmallows.
- Remove pie from oven, evenly sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and return pie to oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are puffed, slightly melted, and as very lightly toasted as desired. Watch very closely because all ovens and marshmallows vary and they can go from white to burnt in the span of 30 seconds. I stand in front of my oven, watch, and remove the pie at a seconds notice.
- Allow pie to cool in dish for about 5 minutes, or until cool enough to serve, if you’re digging in with spoons. If you want to plate this dessert, allow pie to cool for about 30 minutes because the cookie firms up as it cools and it’s much easier to get clean slices.
- Pie is best warm and fresh but will keep for airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
- Adapted from Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
More Cookie Pie Recipes:
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie — This fast and easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways. If you’re a peanut butter lover, this is for you!
S’mores Brownie Pie — No campfire? No problem! Fudgy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. Best s’mores ever!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M’s Cookie Pie — If you like M&M’s cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Samoas Cookie Pie — Move over Girl Scout Cookies! The flavor in this easy, giant cookie is 100% spot-on! Hello year-round cookie season!
Classic Toll House Pie — The filling tastes like the center of an underbaked chocolate chip COOKIE!! Gooey perfection! Easy, rich, decadent, extremely CHOCOLATY and you can use a frozen pie crust!!
Gooey Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow Cookie Pie — The whole pie tastes like the soft, GOOEY, underbaked centers of fresh chocolate chip marshmallow cookies!! Between the melted chocolate, marshmallows, and big time gooey factor, this pie is PERFECT!!
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Pie — The cookie pie is slightly crisp around the edges and buttery soft and chewy in the center. There’s lots of texture from the sprinkles, the crunchy Reese’s Pieces shells, and it’s exploding with big time peanut butter flavor.