5-Minute Dill Pickle Chex Mix
I think this is going to be one of those recipes people are going to either love and go nuts for or just not get it at all.
We’re big pickle fanatics and loved this Chex mix that’s loaded with bold dill flavor. I used two full tablespoons of dried dill which is a lot of dill but the recipe does make a huge batch…that we devoured much faster than I would like to admit.
When it comes to spices and seasonings, I’m not shy and would rather something be distinctively and robustly flavored than wimpy and wishy-washy. You can always start with one tablespoon dried dill and add more to taste if you’re not a dill die-hard.
There’s also dill pickle juice in this easy, no-bake (just 5 minutes in the microwave) recipe that’s perfect for parties. You can’t have dill pickle Chex mix without dill pickle juice. It’s sharp, tart, and has a perfect amount of bite.
Additional flavoring comes from a packet of dry ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix. It has plenty of garlic and salt to help make this mix made with two types of Chex, pretzels, and crushed pita chips totally addictive. If you like salt-and-vinegar or dill potato chips, you’re going to absolutely adore this.
5-Minute Dill Pickle Chex Mix
We're big pickle fanatics and loved this Chex mix that's loaded with bold dill flavor. I used two full tablespoons of dried dill which is a lot of dill but you can always start with one tablespoon and add more to taste if desired. There's also dill pickle juice in this easy, no-bake (just 5 minutes in the microwave) recipe that's perfect for parties. It's sharp, tart, and has a perfect amount of bite. Additional flavoring comes from a packet of dry ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix. It has plenty of garlic and salt to help make this mix made with two types of Chex, pretzels, and crushed pita chips totally addictive.
Yield: about 12 cups
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
- 4 cups corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups lightly crushed pita chips (bagel chips may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons dried dill (you can always start with 1 tablespoon and add more to taste)
- one 1-ounce packet dry ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
- To a very large microwave-safe bowl, add the corn Chex, rice Chex, pretzels, pita chips (I crush them in my hands), and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a glass measuring cup or small bowl, add the oil, pickle juice, dried dill, and stir to combine.
- Evenly pour the wet over the dry ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Evenly sprinkle the ranch mix; stir well to combine.
- Cook in the microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Stop every minute to stir well, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula if necessary.
- Turn mixture out onto a large baking sheet to cool. My mixture was quite dry after the five 1-minute cycles in the microwave but if yours isn't, it will dry out as time passes if exposed to air. Mix will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix – Ready in 5 minutes and so many textures and flavors in every bite!
Crock-Pot Maple Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix – Loaded with fall flavors and made in a Crock-Pot! Way too easy and totally irresistible!
5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix – Two kinds of Chex, peanuts, pretzels, dried cranberries, and candy corn! Dangerously fast, super easy, and so crazy good!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Puppy Chow – Sweet, peanut buttery, crunchy, and addictive! Ready in 5 minutes!
Skinny 100-Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Mix (vegan, GF, no butter/oil) – 5 minutes to make, satisfying, and won’t derail your diet!