Chocolate Chip Cookie Chocolate Lasagna
Chocolate Chip Cookie Chocolate Lasagna – A chocolate chip cookie base topped with cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and mini chocolate chips!! An EASY layered dessert that tastes so AMAZING!!
Chocolate lasagna is an easy, almost no-bake dessert that has so many fabulous layers and textures. You won’t be able to stop eating it.
My daughter proclaimed it as one of the best desserts I’ve made in ages and friends who I served it to at a little dinner party raved about it.
I’ve seen chocolate lasagna made different ways over the years and many people use an Oreo crust but I decided to use refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough as my base. The crust layer is the only baking involved in this luscious dessert which is nice bonus.
The cookie base is topped with a cream cheese and whipped topping layer. It’s creamy, smooth, and adds the perfect amount of tanginess to balance the overall sweetness.
Then there’s a layer of rich chocolate pudding, more whipped topping, and mini chocolate chips. Yes please.
The dessert is served chilled and is so refreshing on a warm day. It reminds me of icebox cakes or lush-style desserts that despite their caloric heftiness they manage to seem light and creamy enough that you can’t help but straighten the rows right out of the pan with a fork.
If you don’t have refrigerated cookie dough, whipped topping, or pudding mix in your area, I can’t suggest what to substitute in their places since this dessert is big on both shortcuts and deliciousness.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Chocolate Lasagna
Chocolate lasagna is an easy, almost no-bake dessert that has so many fabulous layers and textures.The base layer is made with a tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, topped with a cream cheese and whipped topping layer, before adding rich chocolate pudding, more whipped topping, and mini chocolate chips. The dessert is served chilled and is so refreshing on a warm day.
- one 16.5-ounce package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, softened to room temp (I prefer a flat package rather than a tube because it’s easier to press into the pan)
- one 8-ounce package brick-style cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- one 8-ounce tub frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided (I used fat free)
- 1.5 cups cold 2% cow’s milk
- one 3.9-ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (chopped candy bars, nuts, etc. may be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Press cookie dough into the pan to form an even, flat crust layer and bake at for 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown; set aside on a wire rack to cool completely before adding the cream cheese layer so it doesn’t melt.
- To a large bowl add the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and beat on medium-high speed with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 cup whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture and beat on medium-high speed to combine. Spread the mixture over the crust; set aside.
- To a large bowl (the same one you already used is fine; wipe it out well with a paper towel) add the milk, pudding mix, and beat on high speed with a handheld electric mixer for 2 full minutes. Note – Do not use soy, almond, rice, etc. milk or pudding will not set up. Spread pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Evenly top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Evenly sprinkle with the chocolate chips, cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight until firm and set. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Taste of Home
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars – Nutter Butter crust, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter cream cheese filling!! Easy, almost no-bake, and beyond amazing! Lives up to their dreamy name!
Chocolate Candy Bar Icebox Cake – Easy frozen dessert with graham crackers, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, chocolate chips, peanut butter cups and Snickers! Perfect for when you don’t want to turn on your oven!
Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches – Layers of fudgy brownies sandwich cookie dough ice cream with extra safe-to-eat-raw cookie dough balls!
Boston Cream Icebox Cake – Boston cream PIE meets an ECLAIR in an easy no-mixer, no-bake dessert! Vanilla pudding, whipped topping, graham crackers, and lots of chocolate! Perfect for parties or anytime you don’t want to turn on your oven!
No-Ice-Cream-Maker Salted Caramel, Bourbon, Nutter Butter and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream – Nutter Butter cookies and chunks of chocolate are in this ice cream spiked with bourbon and swirled with salted caramel!