Layered Oreo Delight — A rich and decadent chocolate pudding dessert made with fudgy brownies, cream cheese, whipped topping, and Oreo cookies!! EASY, great for parties, and it’s a chocoholic’s dream!!
Table of Contents
Ultra Rich Oreo Delight Dessert
If you’ve never had a lush-style dessert, this Oreo pudding layered dessert is the first one you need to try.
It’s ridiculously chocolatey and decadent.
Between the layers of brownies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and Oreo cookies, you will be in a chocaholic food coma heaven, which is a great place to be.
Because I slightly underbaked the brownies, the brownie layer is so fudgy and rich and the tangy-sweet cream cheese is a great counterbalance to the dense brownies.
Most notable of all the layers for me (aside from the brownies) is the chocolate pudding. It’s light but rich, and it’s picture perfect in conjunction with the Oreo cookies.
The crunch of the Oreos, in contrast to the silky smoothness of the other layers, is what will keep you going back for more. Long after you’re full, it’s the type of dessert you just want one more bite of.
But because it is so rich, and makes a 9×13-inch pan that’s filled the the very top, it’s a dessert that definitely feeds a crowd and is perfect for picnics, parties, potlucks, and get-togethers.
It’s a great summer dessert because it’s served chilled, and aside from the brownie layer, everything else is no-bake and simply stirred together.
Oreo Delight Ingredients
From the base to the top of this Oreo pudding dessert, there’s:
- Fudgy Brownies
- Cream Cheese + confectioners’ sugar + Cool Whip
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate pudding
- Cool Whip
- Oreo Cookies
How to Make Oreo Delight
Making a batch of Oreo delight with chocolate pudding and brownies is super easy, but you do need to plan ahead so the brownies have time to cool before piling on the layers!
Here’s an overview of the recipe steps:
- First, bake up a 9×13-inch pan of brownies. Let cool completely before moving on.
- Next, add a mixture of cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle over the Oreo cookies, add a layer of chocolate pudding (if you don’t have pudding mix, you can make scratch chocolate pudding), top with Cool Whip, and more Oreo cookies.
This layered Oreo dessert with Cool Whip and pudding is very easy to make and assemble, but there are six layers so you will have a couple dirty bowls when you’re done. It’s so worth it, though!
Tips for the Best Oreo Delight
Note that most boxed mixes of brownies don’t call for a 9×13-inch size when you read the options on the box. Most are for either 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pans, but just bake it in a 9×13-inch pan anyway. You want the brownie layer to be on the thinner side because there’s so much more going on top of it that thinner is preferable.
I used a box of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix. It’s my new favorite boxed brownie recipes for desserts like this where I don’t think making scratch brownies is warranted because you’re not solely enjoying this as a brownie; it’s heavily doctored up.
It’s analogous to the fact that I wouldn’t use the finest rum ever in a rum punch when are ten other liquors and liquids going into it and you’re not just drinking it straight. Use your favorite boxed mix.
It’s a layered dessert that’s typically made with crushed Oreos, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping or whipped cream. I added a brownie base layer to my Oreo delight recipe, because I like there to be a firm layer holding everything up! (Most people make an Oreo cookie crust, but brownies are better!)
This decadent dessert also goes by Oreo Lush, cookies and cream lush, or cookies and cream delight.
Yes, if you are motivated, you can make a scratch recipe of brownies for this brownie pudding dessert. I’d double this recipe if that’s the route you’re going.
If you don’t have Cool Whip in your area, I am not sure what to tell you because I don’t know how well real whipped cream will hold over time. You can try it and see what happens.
Pin This Recipe
- one 20-ounce box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for to make the brownies
- one 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- one 12-ounce tub whipped topping, thawed; divided (I used fat free)
- 30 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped; divided
- two 3.9-ounce boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk (use real milk, I used 2%; non-dairy or nut/soy-based milks will not work and pudding won't set)
- Preheat oven to 325F (or 350F is that's what's called for on your box of brownie mix), line a 9x13-inch pan with foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix up the brownie batter according to the ingredients called for on the package (egg(s), oil, water), turn the batter out into prepared pan, and bake for about 26 to 30 minutes, or until brownies are cooked through; set brownies aside to cool.
- To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and beat on medium speed with a handheld electric mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add half the tub of whipped topping and beat to incorporate until smooth and combined.
- Turn the cream cheese mixture out over the brownies in an even flat layer, smoothing lightly with a spatula as necessary.
- Evenly sprinkle half the chopped Oreos over the cream cheese layer; set pan aside.
- To a large bowl (same one from the cream cheese and whipped topping layer is fine, just wipe it out with a paper towel), add the chocolate pudding mix, milk, and beat on medium-high speed with a handheld electric mixer for 2 minutes. Allow pudding to rest for about 5 minutes; it will thicken up dramatically.
- Evenly turn the pudding out over the Oreo layer.
- Evenly add the remaining half tub of whipped topping.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining half of the Oreos. Cover and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes, or until chilled and set.
Lush will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week, noting that the brownie layer and Oreos will soften more as time passes.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
More Easy Oreo Desserts:
Loaded Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – Ultra fudgy brownies topped with cream cheese, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, and Oreos! Loaded to the max and so good! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s as easy as using a mix!
Mini Cherry Oreo Cheesecakes – EASY mini cheesecakes loaded with cherries and an Oreo cookie crust!! Mini food is IRRESISTIBLE!!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oreo Pie — The pie is easy, no-bake, and uses a store-bought Oreo cookie crust. It’s full of rich peanut butter flavor and is perfectly sweet and creamy!
Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies — These cream cheese brownies are ultra fudgy, not at all cakey, ridiculously rich, boldly chocolaty, and the Oreo pieces add incredible texture.
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes — Soft, fluffy chocolate cupcakes with Oreo frosting you’ll want to eat by the spoonful! Ready in under an hour, and perfect for birthdays, parties, and family gatherings!
Cookies and Cream Bundt Cake – Soft, tender cake loaded with chunks of Oreos in every bite with more Oreos on top!! Easy and a crowd favorite!!
Loaded Mint Chocolate Brownies — Easy, no-mixer mint chocolate brownies that are packed with mint Oreos! Mint + chocolate is a winning combo every time!