Oreo Brownie Lush — A rich and decadent brownie pudding dessert made with fudgy brownies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and Oreo cookies!! EASY, great for parties, and it’s a chocoholic’s dream!!
Layered Oreo & Brownie Pudding Dessert
If you’ve never had a lush-style dessert, this layered Oreo cookie pudding dessert is the first one you need to try.
It’s ridiculously chocolatey and decadent. Between the layers of brownies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and Oreo cookies, you will be in a chocaholic food coma heaven, which is a great place to be.
In the case of desserts, lush does not mean someone who likes to drink.
Lushes are layered desserts, usually with pudding as one of the layers, as well as a sweetened cream cheese layer, and a whipped topping layer, and this one is no exception — it has all of those layers.
Plus, there is usually something with the crunch, like crushed cookies, and in this case it’s Oreos.
Because I slightly underbaked the brownies, the brownie layer is so fudgy and rich and the tangy-sweet cream cheese is a great counterbalance to the dense brownies.
Most notable of all the layers for me (aside from the brownies) is the chocolate pudding. It’s light but rich, and it’s picture perfect in conjunction with the Oreo cookies.
The crunch of the Oreos, in contrast to the silky smoothness of the other layers, is what will keep you going back for more. Long after you’re full, it’s the type of dessert you just want one more bite of.
But because it is so rich, and makes a 9×13-inch pan that’s filled the the very top, it’s a dessert that definitely feeds a crowd and is perfect for picnics, parties, potlucks, and get-togethers.
It’s a great summer dessert because it’s served chilled, and aside from the brownie layer, everything else is no-bake and simply stirred together.
What Are the Layers in the Oreo Brownie Lush?
From the base to the top of this brownie pudding dessert, there’s:
- Fudgy Brownies
- Cream Cheese + confectioners’ sugar + Cool Whip
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate pudding
- Cool Whip
- Oreo Cookies
How to Make Oreo Brownie Lush
First, bake up a 9×13-inch pan of brownies. Next, add a mixture of cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and Cool Whip.
Sprinkle over the Oreo cookies, add a layer of chocolate pudding (if you don’t have pudding mix, you can make scratch chocolate pudding), top with Cool Whip, and more Oreo cookies.
This layered Oreo dessert with Cool Whip and pudding is very easy to make and assemble, but there are six layers so you will have a couple dirty bowls when you’re done, but it’s so worth it.
Can I Make the Brownie Layer From Scratch?
Yes, if you are motivated, you can make a scratch recipe of brownies for this brownie pudding dessert. I’d double this recipe if that’s the route you’re going.
Can I Use Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip?
If you don’t have Cool Whip in your area, I am not sure what to tell you because I don’t know how well real whipped cream will hold over time. You can try it and see what happens.
Tips for Making This Oreo Pudding Dessert
Note that most boxed mixes of brownies don’t call for a 9×13-inch size when you read the options on the box. Most are for either 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pans, but just bake it in a 9×13-inch pan anyway. You want the brownie layer to be on the thinner side because there’s so much more going on top of it that thinner is preferable.
I used a box of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix. It’s my new favorite boxed brownie recipes for desserts like this where I don’t think making scratch brownies is warranted because you’re not solely enjoying this as a brownie; it’s heavily doctored up.
It’s analogous to the fact that I wouldn’t use the finest rum ever in a rum punch when are ten other liquors and liquids going into it and you’re not just drinking it straight. Use your favorite boxed mix.
Pin This Recipe
Oreo Brownie Lush
A rich and decadent dessert with fudgy brownies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and Oreo cookies!! EASY, great for parties, and it's a chocoholics dream!!
- one 20-ounce box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for to make the brownies
- one 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- one 12-ounce tub whipped topping, thawed; divided (I used fat free)
- 30 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped; divided
- two 3.9-ounce boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk (use real milk, I used 2%; non-dairy or nut/soy-based milks will not work and pudding won't set)
- Preheat oven to 325F (or 350F is that's what's called for on your box of brownie mix), line a 9x13-inch pan with foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix up the brownie batter according to the ingredients called for on the package (egg(s), oil, water), turn the batter out into prepared pan, and bake for about 26 to 30 minutes, or until brownies are cooked through; set brownies aside to cool.
- To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and beat on medium speed with a handheld electric mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add half the tub of whipped topping and beat to incorporate until smooth and combined.
- Turn the cream cheese mixture out over the brownies in an even flat layer, smoothing lightly with a spatula as necessary.
- Evenly sprinkle half the chopped Oreos over the cream cheese layer; set pan aside.
- To a large bowl (same one from the cream cheese and whipped topping layer is fine, just wipe it out with a paper towel), add the chocolate pudding mix, milk, and beat on medium-high speed with a handheld electric mixer for 2 minutes. Allow pudding to rest for about 5 minutes; it will thicken up dramatically.
- Evenly turn the pudding out over the Oreo layer.
- Evenly add the remaining half tub of whipped topping.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining half of the Oreos. Cover and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes, or until chilled and set.
Lush will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week, noting that the brownie layer and Oreos will soften more as time passes.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
More Easy Brownie Recipes:
The 15 Best Brownie Recipes – The BEST 15 scratch brownie recipes that are FAST, EASY, and decadent!! If you LOVE super fudgy, rich brownies and are a chocaholic, SAVE these recipes!!
Loaded Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – Ultra fudgy brownies topped with cream cheese, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, and Oreos! Loaded to the max and so good! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s as easy as using a mix!
Chocolate Chip Brownies – Thick, rich, and a chocolate lovers dream!! Fudgy in the center with chewy edges and studded with chocolate chips! If you’re craving chocolate, this EASY homemade brownie recipe is just what you need!!
The Best Turtle Brownies – Super fudgy and loaded with chocolate, pecans and caramel! So.crazy.good!
Texas Sheet Cake Brownies – Easy, fudgy, no mixer brownies that are rich, chocolaty and decadent! The classic Texas sheet cake frosting makes them totally irresistible!
Chocolate Coconut Mounds Bar Brownies – Like eating a Mounds candy bar that’s on top of rich, fudgy brownies! Easy and oh so good!
The Best German Chocolate Brownies – Rich, ultra fudgy brownies topped with the best German chocolate frosting! Sinfully delicious! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s an automatic hit with everyone!
Peanut Butter Brookies – A soft and chewy peanut butter cookie base with fudgy brownies on top! For peanut butter + chocolate lovers, this no-mixer recipe is the best of both worlds!
This was a huge hit at the office for the birthday girl! It was easy to find gluten free brownies and chocolate sandwich cookies and it does taste amazing (even without the gluten). I love all the chocolatey layers!
Thanks for the 5 star review and glad this was a huge hit at the office and that you were even able to make it GF, too!
Would it be ok if I used frozen brownies?
Not sure exactly what those are. I would make as written with a box of traditional brownie mix is the easiest.
I mean if I premade the brownies, froze them and thawed when I’m ready to use. I want to make this for a party but won’t have access to an oven for a week.
We made this yesterday and this was an amazing dessert. Easy to put together and it was the hit. Everyone loved it and I had so many requests for the recipe. Thank you, Averie, for sharing this recipe with us! Pinning!
Thanks for the 5 star review and glad it was a hit with everyone and you had requests for the recipe! Thanks for pinning!
OMG !!! These are to die for. Perfect summer time treats.
I am glad it was perfect!
Wow, this looks SO good! Too bad I don’t like Oreos… :(
Make it with another cookie then. Nutter Butters, Thin Mints, etc.
You’re killing me here, Averie!
Haha! It’s so good, I promise!