Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad — Juicy chicken coated in balsamic along with plump tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil!! Easy, healthy, ready in 15 minutes! The caprese salad you’ll make AGAIN and again!!
Easy Chicken Caprese Salad
I love anything balsamic, and in the summer I especially love caprese salads. Although tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil know no true seasons for me.
This caprese salad with lettuce an easy salad that’s healthy, ready in 15 minutes, and loaded with flavor. Since there’s already balsamic vinegar on traditional caprese salads, the balsamic chicken was a great complement.
Rather than solely using balsamic vinegar when I cooked the chicken and to dress the salad, I also used Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing. It’s made with simple ingredients and is a choice you can feel good about. It enhanced the flavor of the chicken as well as the fresh ingredients in the salad.
If you can’t find this dressing in your area, I recommend another balsamic-based dressing. Or my homemade balsamic reduction would be especially delicious here!
The chicken is tender and juicy and it’s perfect with the crisp lettuce, creamy fresh mozzarella, juicy ripe tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and peppery fresh basil.
What’s in Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad?
To make this chicken caprese salad with lettuce, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Balsamic vinegar
- Romaine lettuce
- Fresh mozzarella
- English cucumber
- Fresh basil
How to Make Chicken Caprese Salad
Season the diced chicken with salt and pepper, then cook in an oiled skillet. When the chicken is about 90% cooked through, add 3 tablespoons balsamic salad dressing and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat or until chicken is cooked through.
To a large platter or bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumber, and cooked chicken. Evenly sprinkle with fresh basil.
Can I Prep This Salad in Advance?
You can cook the chicken in advance and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can enjoy the leftover balsamic chicken in a cold caprese salad, or you can gently reheat it before assembling the salad.
Tips for the Best Caprese Salad
You can use any variety of tomatoes you’d like in this salad. Just make sure they’re ripe (they should be quite fragrant, if so).
Likewise, feel free to mix and match the greens used as the base of the salad. I used romaine lettuce, but a spinach blend, butter leaf lettuce, etc. would work too.
For the mozzarella, I used small balls called ciliegine but another type can be substituted. Just be sure to use fresh mozzarella for the best flavor and texture.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1.25 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus more for dressing the salad
- 4 cups romaine or Italian lettuce blend
- 1 or 2 medium tomatoes, diced (I used Roma, vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella (I used small balls called ciliegine; another type of mozzarella may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup English cucumber, diced (regular cucumbers may be substituted)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh basil or to taste, finely minced
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is 90% cooked through. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- Add 3 tablespoons Balsamic Salad Dressing, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, stir to combine and make sure all pieces of chicken are coated.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest in pan, off the heat, while you plate the salad.
- To a large platter or bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumber, chicken, and evenly sprinkle with basil.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and balsamic vinegar, to taste. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
If you can't find this dressing in your area, I recommend another balsamic-based dressing. Or my homemade balsamic reduction would be especially delicious here!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 54g
More Summer Salad Recipes:
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier and lighter? Make this easy, refreshing, and satisfying salad!
Chicken Orzo Salad — Juicy chicken tossed with orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and a super flavorful lemon vinaigrette!! Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect way to use your garden fresh veggies!
Tabbouleh – Never had it? Think couscous or quinoa mixed with vegetables, herbs, lemon and olive oil! Easy, no cooking required, healthy, and packed with so much flavor!
Lemon, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Almond Quinoa Salad – Fast, easy, and fresh! Bright flavors and loads of texture! This clean-eating salad keeps you full and satisfied! Healthy never tasted so good!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad – Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!
Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad — Juicy tomatoes, cucumbers and corn with creamy avocado, basil and parmesan tossed in lemon vinaigrette with cheese tortellini! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing — Fast, fresh, healthy, and satisfying!
Post is brought to you by Marzetti. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #ForTheLoveOfProduce #Marzetti
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.