Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad — Juicy tomatoes, cucumbers and corn with creamy avocado, basil and parmesan tossed in lemon vinaigrette with cheese tortellini!! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes!
Cheese Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
This tortellini pasta salad is the perfect way to take advantage of garden-fresh ingredients. There’s nothing like summer tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and fresh basil. Take advantage of it while you still can.
This vegetarian pasta salad is easy, ready in 15 minutes, there’s loads of flavor, and plenty of texture contrasts. The flavors and ingredients are similar to my Italian Chicken Pasta Salad.
Al dente cheese tortellini, juicy tomatoes and corn, crunchy cucumbers, creamy avocado, fragrant basil, and salty parmesan cheese. Everything is tossed with any easy, whisk-together dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and Italian seasoning. It’s light enough to let the flavor of the fresh ingredients shine through.
It’s healthy, vegetarian, perfect for hectic nights, potlucks, picnics, or parties. It makes a large enough batch that you can have some planned leftovers for work or school lunches.
What’s in Tortellini Pasta Salad?
To make this cheese tortellini pasta salad, you’ll need:
- Cheese tortellini
- Fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice and zest
- Apple cider vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
How to Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. While the pasta cooks, whisk together the homemade Italian dressing.
Once the pasta is cooked add it to a large bowl, then throw in the veggies. Pour the dressing on top and toss to combine.
Can I Add Other Veggies?
Of course! You’re welcome to throw in any fresh veggies you need to use up. The Italian dressing and cheese tortellini pair well with pretty much every vegetable.
Tips for Making Tortellini Pasta Salad
Instead of Parmesan, you could use another favorite crumbled or shredded cheese like feta, blue cheese, or cheddar.
Likewise, you’re welcome to use another kind of tortellini. I made this tortellini pasta salad with cheese tortellini, but you can use any kind you’d like.
This cheese tortellini pasta salad is best within the 24 hours of making it, but leftovers will keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
- one 10-ounce package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup corn (fresh, or frozen that’s been thawed may be used)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half, may be substituted)
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, laid loosely in measuring cup and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, or more if desired (feta, blue cheese, or your favorite shredded or crumbled cheese may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain, and set aside. While tortellini cooks, prep and chop the remaining ingredients.
- To a large bowl, add the avocado, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan cheese; set aside.
- To a large measuring cup or small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice (zest the lemon before juicing it), honey, Italian seasoning, lemon lest, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Add the tortellini and toss gently to combine. Taste and check for seasoning balance, making any necessary adjustments (more Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, pinch of cayenne, splash of lemon juice, etc.) before serving.
- Will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days, noting that the avocado will oxidize as time passes. Serve leftovers chilled or at room temp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 929mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 16g
More Pasta Salad Recipes:
Tomato and Mozzarella Pesto Pasta Salad — Tender pasta, cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella are coated in Parmesan cheese and DELICIOUS pesto sauce!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad — Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
BLT Pasta Salad — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, feeds a crowd, and PERFECT for potlucks and parties. Creamy ranch dressing perfectly coats the pasta and BACON. Guaranteed family FAVORITE!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad – Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!
Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad – Big juicy chicken chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! Great for picnics, potlucks, and easy dinners!
Mandarin Orange Chicken Pasta Salad – EASY, ready in 30 minutes, and packed with Asian-inspired flavors!! Juicy sesame chicken, pasta, and lots of healthy vegetables! PERFECT for potlucks, picnics, parties, and planned leftovers!!
Chicken Orzo Salad – Juicy chicken tossed with orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and a super flavorful lemon vinaigrette! Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect way to use your garden fresh veggies!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.