BLT Pasta Salad
BLT Pasta Salad — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, feeds a crowd, and PERFECT for potlucks and parties. Creamy ranch dressing perfectly coats the pasta and BACON. Guaranteed family FAVORITE!
Easy BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
This BLT pasta salad screams summertime picnics, potlucks, and casual backyard get-togethers. It’s easy, ready in 15 minutes, feeds a crowd, and has all the flavors of a traditional BLT minus the bread. Insert pasta.
I love the romaine lettuce that’s woven through the tender pasta, along with juicy cherry tomatoes, crisp bacon, and green onions. To save time, I use precooked bacon that I simply zap in the microwave for a minute before dicing, but you can make it the old-fashioned way if you prefer.
Everything is tossed in zesty, creamy ranch dressing that’s spiked with a hint of barbecue sauce. The dressing is perfect and ties this family-friendly bow tie pasta salad together.
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
To make this bacon ranch pasta salad, you first need to cook the bow tie pasta according to package directions, drain, and add to a large bowl. Then, add the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, green onions, and toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, add the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, and pepper and stir to combine. Evenly drizzle over the bacon ranch pasta salad. If necessary, add additional ranch as desired to evenly coat the BLT pasta salad.
This BLT Pasta salad is best enjoyed fresh, as the lettuce wilts the longer it sits in the ranch dressing. If you want to make this easy pasta salad ahead of time, I suggest prepping the pasta and veggies and storing them separately in the fridge until you’re ready to make the salad.
What Type of Bacon Should I Use in This Pasta Salad?
You can use any type of bacon you’d like — turkey bacon, regular bacon, and any flavored bacon is fine. And if you don’t eat meat, you can omit the bacon and still make a delicious pasta salad!
Can I Use Another Type of Pasta?
Yep, feel free to use any pasta you have on hand. Whole wheat pasta would work well in this recipe too, I just didn’t have any.
Tips for the Best Pasta Salad
If you cook the bacon yourself (i.e. don’t buy the pre-cooked stuff like I did), you may want to save some of the drippings and stir a tablespoon or two into the BLT pasta salad. Bacon lovers will go crazy for it!
And if you don’t have any cherry tomatoes on hand, you can use another type. Just make sure to dice the tomato fairly small so it’s easy to eat with the bow tie pasta.
More BLT Recipes to Try:
- Grilled BLT Turkey Burgers — These easy, juicy turkey burgers are topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, are ready in 15 minutes, and are totally irresistible.
- Loaded Baked BLT Dip — I put a spin on traditional BLT flavors and created this dip that’s perfect for tailgating, holiday parties or events, or anytime you’re in need of some cheesy, bacon-laden comfort food.
- BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing — A healthy green salad packed with an abundance of veggies for added texture and flavor!
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) uncooked farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- about 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cooked bacon, diced small
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- about 1/2 cup ranch dressing, or more if desired
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and add to a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, green onions, and toss to combine; set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, pepper, stir to combine, and evenly drizzle over the salad. If necessary, add additional ranch as desired to evenly coat the salad.
- Serve immediately after dressed. Salad is best fresh.
- Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 662mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 15g
Even More Pasta Salad Recipes:
Ravioli and Summer Vegetable Spinach Salad – Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette! A healthy yet hearty salad that takes advantage of summer!
Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad – Juicy tomatoes, cucumbers and corn with creamy avocado, basil and parmesan tossed in lemon vinaigrette with cheese tortellini! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad — Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!