Taco Pasta Salad
Taco Pasta Salad – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with great Mexican-inspired ingredients including corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and more!! Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks!!
Post is brought to you by Santa Cruz Organic®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
It’s summer and in my world that means carefree days, no-cook lunches, and casual dinners.
It also means lots of outdoor grilling, get-togethers, and easy-breezy backyard entertaining.
That’s where this easy pasta salad that’s ready in 20 minutes comes into play. It’s loaded with so many layers of Mexican-inspired flavors including tender pasta, black beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, creamy avocado, cilantro, green onions, and more. Everything is tossed in limey, taco seasoning-based vinaigrette.
It makes a large batch to feed your hungry family members, friends, and neighbors. It’s accidentally vegetarian and my daughter said it’s one of the best things I’ve made in ages. Simple ingredients that deliver big time results and flavor.
And of course you’re going to need some delicious hydration and that’s where Santa Cruz Organic® is here to help.
From their iconic lemonades to the lightly sweetened Agua Frescas and the new Carbonated Tea Lemonades, Santa Cruz Organic offers the perfect way to refresh your summer with unique flavors.
Santa Cruz Organic’s line of organic, non-GMO lemonades and fruit juices are an easy way to beat the summer heat.
They’re made with 100% organic fruit juice and Santa Cruz Organic lemonades are a summertime favorite we can all feel good about drinking.
The Half & Half Iced Tea Lemonade and their Mango Lemonade go down so easily, and the Mango Passionfruit Agua Fresca is the perfect complement to the Mexican flavors in the recipe.
If you’re into fizz and carbonation, you’ll love the and Carbonated Tea Lemonades.
Chilled Santa Cruz Organics beverages are the perfect refreshments for almost any casual party, picnic, or potluck you’re throwing or attending and will help you beat the heat.
Taco Pasta Salad
This easy pasta salad is ready in 20 minutes and loaded with so many layers of Mexican-inspired flavors including tender pasta, black beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, creamy avocado, cilantro, green onions, and more. Everything is tossed in limey, taco seasoning-based vinaigrette. It makes a huge batch to feed your hungry family members, friends, and neighbors. Great for parties, picnics, and potlucks.
- 3/4 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions (small shells, rotini, bowtie, etc.)
- one 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I used no-salt added)
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend
- about 1 1/2 cups sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 or 2 medium/large Hass avocados, peeled and diced small
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic Lime Juice®
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey or agave
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (I use reduced-salt, medium heat)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely pressed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Santa Cruz Organic® Lemonades, Agua Frescas, and Carbonated Lemonades for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a very large bowl.
- Add the black beans, cheese (note – if you don’t want the cheese to melt, make sure the pasta has cooled before adding the cheese), tomatoes, corn, green onions, cilantro, and stir to combine. Add the avocado and stir gently to combine.
- To a medium bowl, add the olive oil, lime juice, honey, taco seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the pasta bowl, stir well to combine, taste, and check for seasoning balance. Add more salt, pepper, lime juice, honey, cilantro, etc. if desired. Serve with Santa Cruz Organic beverages. Pasta salad will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days, noting the avocado will oxidize as time passes.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
For shares that include a brand URL, please include the #ad hashtag in your social share.