Foil Pack Cilantro Lime Salmon — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Tender, juicy, and bursting with Mexican-inspired flavors that everyone LOVES!!
Grilled Salmon Foil Packets
If you’re looking for a fast, foolproof, and flavorful way to cook salmon, save this grilled salmon foil pack recipe. It’s so easy and the Mexican salmon is tender, moist, and perfectly cooked in just 10 minutes on the grill.
I used my outdoor grill so I don’t have to heat up my house during these warm summer days, but you can bake the salmon foil packets if you don’t have a grill.
I have plenty of recipes for lemon salmon but have never used lime until now. It’s tangy, zippy, and lime + cilantro is such a classic flavor combination. The cilantro lime salmon is naturally gluten-free, too.
Cleanup is as easy as throwing away a sheet of foil. No dinner dishes means more time for relaxing. Perfect for lazy summer days.
What’s in Cilantro Lime Salmon?
To make the lime cilantro salmon foil packets, you’ll need:
- Salmon fillet
- Red bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
How to Grill Salmon in Foil
To make the foil packs, simply add a salmon fillet to a sheet of foil, nestle lime slices under it, sprinkle lime zest over it, add cilantro, a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and any veggies around the perimeter that you’d like, seal up the foil, throw it on the grill, and you are all set.
In total, the grilled salmon in foil will need to cook for roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
Can I Use Other Veggies?
I used red peppers because I had them on hand and the red is such a pretty contrast to the green cilantro and flecks of lime zest. And the peppers play on the Mexican-inspired flavors of the recipe. However, you can also try zucchini, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, or your favorite vegetables.
Tips for Making Cilantro Lime Salmon
This cilantro lime salmon recipe serves 1 person, but you can easily double or triple it depending on how many people you need to feed.
Note that salmon skin is edible and packed with flavor. It’s up to you whether you buy skin-on or skinless salmon, but don’t throw the skin away if it’s on your fillet!
This Mexican salmon is best enjoyed right away, but leftovers are great cold atop salads, grain bowls, and more.
Pin This Recipe
- 6-ounce center cut salmon fillet
- 1 medium lime, sliced thin for nestling under salmon
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers (may be substituted with other peppers, zucchini, broccoli, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced; plus more for garnishing if desired
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat oven to 425F.
- Place 1 large sheet of foil on the counter, add the salmon to the center, nestle the lime slices from 1 lime under the salmon, arrange the peppers around the perimeter, evenly drizzle everything with olive oil, evenly sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon lime zest and the juice from the second lime.
- Evenly sprinkle with salt, pepper, cilantro, seal up the foil pack very tightly, place it on the grill and grill for about 8 to 10 minutes. Exact grilling time will vary based on the type of grill, the size, the heat level, how thick the salmon is, etc. If you’re baking this in the oven, I would start checking at 15 minutes and go from there.
- Optionally garnish with additional cilantro and serve immediately.
- Recipe is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 978Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 89g
More Simple Salmon Recipes:
Sheet Pan Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon – Juicy salmon at home in 30 minutes that’s easy and tastes better than from a restaurant! The butter is infused with lemon and garlic and adds so much flavor!
Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon – Make salmon at home in 30 minutes that tastes better than from a restaurant! Easy, tender, and packed with flavor from the honey and lemon butter!
Honey Dijon Salmon – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, juicy, tender, and so flavorful from the honey, Dijon, and lemon juice! If you’re trying to incorporate more fish in your diet, this is the recipe to make!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Corn Chip-Crusted Southwestern Salmon Cakes with Creamy Lemon Chili Sauce – Easy salmon cakes over greens make for a fast and healthy meal!
Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment – Tender salmon with vegetables and it’s so easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with bold lemon and dill flavor! Put it on your dinner rotation!