Foil Pack Orange Molasses Salmon
This post may contain affiliate links.
Foil Pack Orange Molasses Salmon – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Tender, juicy, and bursting with layers of FABULOUS flavors!!
If you’re looking for a fast, foolproof, and flavorful way to cook salmon, save this grilled salmon foil pack recipe.
It’s so easy and the salmon is tender, moist, and perfectly cooked in just 10 minutes on the grill.
I used my outdoor grill so I don’t have to heat up my house during these warm summer days, but you can bake the foil packets if you don’t have a grill.
How To Make Foil Packs
To make the foil packs, simply add a salmon fillet to a sheet of foil, nestle orange slices under it, and drizzle it with a mixture of orange juice, molasses, soy sauce, and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add any veggies around the perimeter that you’d like. Seal up the foil, throw it on the grill, and you are all set.
I like the unexpected pairing of orange juice, molasses, and soy. The orange juice adds bright acidity and since salmon is bold-flavored fish, it stands up beautifully to the molasses and soy sauce. They provide such a lovely depth of flavor.
What Kind Of Vegetables Can I Use
I used sugar snap peas because I had them on hand. Or try zucchini, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, or your favorite vegetables.
Cleanup is as easy as throwing away a sheet of foil in this naturally gluten-free recipe. No dinner dishes means more time for relaxing which is music to my ears.
- about 1/2 to 3/4 pound center cut salmon fillet
- 1 medium orange, sliced thin for nestling under salmon
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas (may be substituted with bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, etc.)
- 1/2 medium orange, for the juice (about 2 to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses, plus 1/2 tablespoon at the end if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat oven to 425F.
- Place 1 large sheet of foil on the counter, add the salmon to the center, nestle the orange slices from 1 orange under the salmon and arrange the sugar snap peas around the perimeter, set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the orange juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses, olive oil, soy sauce, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly drizzle the orange juice mixture over the salmon.
- Evenly sprinkle with salt, pepper, seal up the foil pack very tightly, place it on the grill, and grill for about 8 to 10 minutes. Exact grilling time will vary based on the type of grill, the size, the heat level, how thick the salmon is, etc. If you’re baking this in the oven, I would start checking at 15 minutes and go from there.
- Optionally drizzle 1/2 tablespoon molasses (intensifies the flavor and lends nice color) over the salmon before serving immediately. Recipe is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1670Total Fat: 84gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 61gCholesterol: 357mgSodium: 1681mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 8gSugar: 75gProtein: 133g
Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon – Make salmon at home in 30 minutes that tastes better than from a restaurant! Easy, tender, and packed with flavor from the honey and lemon butter!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!
Foil Pack Lime Cilantro Salmon – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Tender, juicy, and bursting with Mexican-inspired flavors that everyone loves!
Sheet Pan Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon – Juicy salmon at home in 30 minutes that’s easy and tastes better than from a restaurant! The butter is infused with lemon and garlic and adds so much flavor!
Honey Dijon Salmon – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, juicy, tender, and so flavorful from the honey, Dijon, and lemon juice! If you’re trying to incorporate more fish in your diet, this is the recipe to make!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Corn Chip-Crusted Southwestern Salmon Cakes with Creamy Lemon Chili Sauce – Easy salmon cakes over greens make for a fast and healthy meal!
Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment – Tender salmon with vegetables and it’s so easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with bold lemon and dill flavor! Put it on your dinner rotation!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.