Easy Green Salad with Salmon — Ready in 15 minutes and can easily be meal prepped! My whole family loves this recipe and said it’s their favorite salmon salad I’ve ever made! You’ll want to slurp up the honey lemon dressing!
Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe
Honey-lemon sauces are some of my favorite, and this salmon salad recipe uses the combination twice. Once as a glaze for the salmon and again as the vinaigrette for the salad.
It’s a fast, easy, fresh, and healthy salad recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes. The salmon is coated in a tangy-sweet glaze that’s packed with flavor and it helps keep the salmon moist and juicy.
Simple, clean, and fresh is my favorite way to eat, especially when it’s hot out. Serving the salmon on a bed of crisp lettuce with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, a sprinkling of cheese, and drizzled with thickened honey-lemon sauce from the bottom of the pan was perfect.
My family loved this meal and said it’s some of their favorite salmon I’ve ever made!
Ingredients for Salad with Salmon
This is a very simple recipe for salmon salad. To make the salad itself, you’ll need:
- Salmon fillets
- Romaine lettuce
- Shredded cheese
And for the salmon salad dressing, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
How to Make a Salad with Salmon
This is one of the easiest salmon salad recipes! Here’s how to prep the fish as well as the dressing for the salmon salad.
- To make this salad, first stir together the ingredients for the honey-lemon salmon salad dressing (honey, lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper).
- Then, cook the salmon in an oiled skillet until it’s seared on one side. Flip the salmon over and pour in half the vinaigrette, reserving the other half for the salad. You’ll need to continue cooking the salmon until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Once the salmon is cooked, assemble the salad.
- Pour the salmon salad dressing over top, and dig in!
Can I Add Extra Veggies?
Of course! I kept things simple with just lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and shredded cheese, but you can doctor up your salad however you’d like.
Can This Recipe Be Prepped in Advance?
Yes! You can chop up all the veggies and store them in separate containers. The dressing keeps in the fridge for about a week. And the salmon can be cooked and refrigerated for about four days.
When you’re ready to eat, throw together the healthy salmon salad and dig in.
Tips for the Best Salmon Salad
While the salmon cooks, continually spoon the vinaigrette over top as if you’re basting it. This will make the salmon extra flavorful!
You can use salmon with or without the skin in this recipe. If your salmon filets have skin on them, place the salmon skin-side down when you add it to the skillet. This will make the skin extra crispy.
If you’re making this salmon salad ahead of time, store the salmon, veggies, and dressing in separate containers until you’re ready to eat. This salad tastes great cold as well as warm!
And if you wind up with leftover vinaigrette, put it in an airtight container and pop it into the fridge. It’ll last for up to a week. And any leftover salmon tastes delicious cold atop salads, in sandwiches, and more.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil + 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar, or your favorite cheese blend)
- To a large measuring cup or small bowl, add the honey, lemon juice, 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is warm, add the salmon and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until salmon has lightly seared on first side.
- Flip salmon over and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add half of the honey-lemon juice mixture (reserve the other half to use as vinaigrette for salad as needed). Use caution because mixture will bubble up when you add it. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and salmon is just cooked through. As the sauce boils and bubbles, spoon it over the top of the salmon a few times, as if you’re basting it.
- Remove pan from the heat, and allow salmon to rest in pan while you plate the salad.
- To a large platter, add the lettuce and evenly sprinkle with tomatoes, cucumber, and cheese.
- Top with the salmon, including any sauce from the skillet, and if necessary drizzle the reserved vinaigrette as desired. Serve immediately. Salad is best served fresh once dressed.
Salmon will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Extra vinaigrette will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 923Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1525mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 5gSugar: 75gProtein: 33g
Even More Easy Salmon Recipes:
Salmon Niçoise Salad with Basil Vinaigrette — An ELEGANT French-inspired salad with juicy salmon, tender potatoes, soft-boiled eggs, crispy haricots verts, and more. And it’s all drizzled with a super FLAVORFUL fresh basil vinaigrette!!
Honey Lemon Salmon— This baked honey lemon salmon is ready in under 30 minutes! It’s impossible to wind up with dry salmon when making this recipe, it’s just that good! All you need is one sheet pan and 30 minutes and dinner is served!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets — Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon — Juicy salmon at home in 30 minutes that’s EASY and tastes BETTER than from a restaurant! The butter is infused with lemon and garlic and adds so much FLAVOR!
Honey Dijon Salmon – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, juicy, tender, and so FLAVORFUL from the honey, Dijon, and lemon juice!! If you’re trying to incorporate more fish in your diet, this is THE RECIPE to make!!
Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment — An easy, healthy dinner with virtually no cleanup that’s ready in 20 minutes. The salmon is tender, juicy, and boldly flavored with lemon and dill.
Mango Salsa Salmon — Tender and INCREDIBLE salmon with mango salsa that’s bursting with Mexican FLAVORS to complement the fish!! So EASY and ready in 15 minutes!!