Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad
Honey-lemon sauces are some of my favorite and this recipe uses the combination twice.
Once as a glaze for the salmon and again as the vinaigrette for the salad.
It’s a fast, easy, fresh, and healthy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
The salmon is coated in a tangy-sweet glaze that’s packed with flavor and it helps keep the salmon moist and juicy.
Simple, clean, and fresh is my favorite way to eat especially when it’s hot out.
Serving the salmon on a bed of crisp lettuce with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, a sprinkling of cheese, and drizzled with thickened honey-lemon sauce from the bottom of the pan was perfect.
My family loved this meal and said it’s some of their favorite salmon I’ve ever made.
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad
Honey-lemon sauces are some of my favorite and this recipe uses the combination twice. Once as a glaze for the salmon and again as the vinaigrette for the salad. It’s a fast, easy, fresh, and healthy recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes. The salmon is coated in a tangy-sweet glaze that’s packed with flavor and it helps keep the salmon moist and juicy. To keep the dish simple, clean, and fresh I served the salmon on a bed of crisp lettuce with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, sprinkling of cheese, and drizzled with the honey-lemon sauce.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil + 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar, or your favorite cheese blend)
- To a large measuring cup or small bowl, add the honey, lemon juice, 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is warm, add the salmon and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until salmon has lightly seared on first side.
- Flip salmon over and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add half of the honey-lemon juice mixture (reserve the other half to use as vinaigrette for salad as needed). Use caution because mixture will bubble up when you add it. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and salmon is just cooked through. As the sauce boils and bubbles, spoon it over the top of the salmon a few times, as if you’re basting it.
- Remove pan from the heat, and allow salmon to rest in pan while you plate the salad.
- To a large platter, add the lettuce and evenly sprinkle with tomatoes, cucumber, and cheese.
- Top with the salmon, including any sauce from the skillet, and if necessary drizzle the reserved vinaigrette as desired. Serve immediately. Salad is best served fresh once dressed. Salmon will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Extra vinaigrette will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Easy 15-Minute Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa – Tons of big flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal! A clean-eating recipe that tastes like comfort food!
Corn Chip-Crusted Southwestern Salmon Cakes with Creamy Lemon Chili Sauce – Easy salmon cakes over greens make for a fast and healthy meal!
Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry – Big juicy shrimp and crunchy veggies coated in tangy sauce are a hit with everyone! Easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and way better than takeout!
Pan Seared Caribbean Citrus Mahi Mahi with Brown Rice Noodles – So much flavor packed into this easy and healthy dish!
Coconut Shrimp with Orange-Chili Dipping Sauce – Plump, juicy shrimp with a crispy, crunchy coconut coating! Fast, easy, and better than you get in restaurants! Will be your new favorite shrimp recipe!