Honey Dijon Salmon — EASY, ready in 20 minutes, juicy, tender, and so FLAVORFUL from the honey, Dijon, and lemon juice!! If you’re trying to incorporate more fish in your diet, this is THE RECIPE to make!!
Easiest Honey Dijon Salmon
Everywhere I turn, I read that salmon is so good for you and that you should try to eat more of it. That reminded me that I hadn’t made it in awhile and I don’t know why after tasting this incredibly flavorful and tender honey mustard glazed salmon that’s so fast and easy.
The recipe is a spinoff of my recipes for Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon and Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon. This version incorporates Dijon mustard along with the honey and lemon juice. Simple ingredients that you probably have on hand that deliver scrumptious results.
It’s impossible to end up with dry salmon because the salmon bakes in a mixture of butter, honey, Dijon, and lemon juice. It coats every bite of salmon and makes it so wonderfully juicy. There is nothing worse than dry fish (or protein of any kind actually) and you don’t have to worry about that at all here.
Whether you need a fast and easy weeknight dinner recipe to a recipe for easy entertaining, this one has you covered and cleanup is as easy as tossing away the foil. Love foil pack recipes.
What’s in Honey Dijon Salmon?
To make this baked honey mustard salmon, you’ll need:
- Skin-on salmon fillet
- Lemon slices
- Lemon juice
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Honey Dijon Salmon
To make this easy baked salmon recipe, simply nestle the lemon slices under the salmon. Stir together a mixture of melted butter, Dijon, lemon juice, and honey and pour it over the salmon.
Seal up the foil pack and bake. Spoon a little of the reserved butter mixture over the salmon, then broil the top until it’s as golden as you like it.
How Long to Bake Salmon at 375ºF
This honey dijon mustard salmon needs to bake for about 15 minutes at 375ºF, then it needs to broil for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Can I Use This Marinade on Another Type of Fish?
Perhaps, but I’ve only ever made this honey mustard glazed salmon recipe as written. Keep in mind that different kinds of fish will have slightly different flavors and bake times.
Tips for Making Honey Dijon Salmon
I prefer making this honey mustard salmon with Dijon mustard, but you may be able to use another type of mustard if that’s all you have on hand. Experiment with the marinade if needed and have fun with it!
If you have time, set aside the salmon to marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes before baking it.
When broiling the top of the dijon mustard salmon, keep a close eye on it because all broilers are different and you don’t want it to burn.
Pin This Recipe
- 1.25 pounds skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 large lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375F and place a piece of foil on the baking sheet to cover it completely.
- Place salmon on the foil (with the longer side parallel with the longer side of the sheet pan) with the skin-side down. Raise the edges of the foil up about 2 inches (or enough so that when you pour the buttery mixture over the top it will be contained in the foil).
- Nestle lemon slices underneath the salmon, spaced evenly around the fillet; set aside.
- To a microwave-safe glass measuring cup or bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the honey, Dijon, and lemon juice. Pour or spoon about two-thirds of the mixture over the salmon; reserve remainder.
- Evenly season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Seal up the foil. You may need to add another sheet of foil on top in order to seal it, depending on the shape of the salmon. Crimp or pinch the top and bottom pieces of foil together; get it as air-tight as possible but it doesn’t have to be perfect. If you have time, set aside to marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes (enhanced flavor).
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the oven and remove the top piece of foil or open up the packet so salmon is exposed but keep the edges raised to contain the buttery mixture.
- Set oven to Hi broil.
- Spoon the reserved buttery mixture over the salmon, if desired or necessary. Use your judgment and if there’s already lots of juice/sauce you don’t need to add it because you don’t want it to start leaking. If you have extra buttery mixture, it’s great served over the finished salmon.
- Broil salmon for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until as golden as desired. Keep a close eye on it because all broilers are different and you don’t want it to burn. Exact broiling time will depend on the size and thickness of the salmon, climate and oven variances, and personal preference.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 767Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 1234mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 43g
More Easy Salmon Recipes:
Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon — Make salmon at home in 30 minutes that tastes better than from a restaurant! Easy, tender, and packed with flavor from the honey and lemon butter!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment — Tender salmon with vegetables and it’s so easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with bold lemon and dill flavor! Put it on your dinner rotation!
Grilled Honey Lemon Butter Salmon — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Wonderfully tender, so juicy, just melts in your mouth, and has FABULOUS flavor!!