I have so many childhood memories of Friday fish frys during Lent.
This salmon knocks the socks off any greasy, battered, deep-fried fish I ate as a kid in the basement of my church.
It’s some of the best salmon I’ve ever made and my family devoured it.
This year don’t let Lent have you fishing for flavor. I’m teaming up with McCormick to help spice up your fish Friday favorites.
You can make tasty fish Friday dinners at home with sheet pan versions of classic seafood recipes.
The salmon is so moist and juicy courtesy of the butter, honey, and orange juice mixture it bakes in.
I want that juice slathered on everything.
Not only is this salmon healthier and tastier than your typical Friday fish fry fish, it’s so easy, ready in 30 minutes, and tastes like something you’d get at a classy restaurant.
I seasoned the salmon with McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, Original for a pop of heat which is perfectly balanced by the honey and orange juice. It adds a lovely pop of flavor without being spicy or overpowering the fish.
At the end of a busy week the last thing you want to do is prepare an elaborate Friday night dinner which is why this sheet pan foil pack recipe is perfect.
Cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil.
Pin This Recipe
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon
- about 1 to 1.25 pounds skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 orange, sliced into thin rounds
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice, from about half of an orange
- 2 teaspoons McCormick McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, Original, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375F and place a piece of foil on the baking sheet to cover it completely.
- Place salmon on the foil (with the longer side parallel with the longer side of the sheet pan) with the skin-side down. Raise the edges of the foil up about 2 inches (or enough so that when you pour the buttery mixture over the top it will be contained in the foil).
- Nestle orange slices underneath the salmon, spaced evenly around the fillet; set aside.
- To a microwave-safe glass measuring cup or bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the honey and orange juice. Pour or spoon about two-thirds of the mixture over the salmon; reserve remainder.
- Evenly season with McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, Original, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Seal up the foil. Likely you will need to add another sheet of foil on top in order to seal it. Crimp or pinch the top and bottom pieces of foil together; get it as air-tight as possible but it doesn’t have to be perfect. If you have time, set aside to marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes (enhanced flavor).
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the oven and remove the top piece of foil or open up the packet so salmon is exposed but keep the edges raised to contain the buttery mixture.
- Set oven to Hi broil.
- Spoon the reserved buttery mixture over the salmon, if desired. Use your judgment and if there’s already lots of juice you don’t need to add it because you don’t want it to start leaking. If you have extra buttery mixture, it’s great served over the finished dish.
- Broil salmon for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until as golden as desired. Keep a close eye on it because all broilers are different and you don’t want it to burn. Exact broiling time will depend on the size and thickness of the salmon, climate and oven variances, and personal preference.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Salmon is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Inspired by Orange Chili Sheet Pan Salmon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Corn Chip-Crusted Southwestern Salmon Cakes with Creamy Lemon Chili Sauce – Easy salmon cakes over greens make for a fast and healthy meal!
Easy 15-Minute Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa – Tons of big flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal! A clean-eating recipe that tastes like comfort food!
Pan Seared Caribbean Citrus Mahi Mahi with Brown Rice Noodles – So much flavor packed into this easy and healthy dish!
Easy 10-Minute Lemon-Butter Grouper Fish Tacos – Fast, fresh, and healthy! An easy fish taco recipe everyone loves! Lemony, buttery fish with a honey mustard-lemon sauce on top! Perfect for busy nights because they’re so quick!
Post is brought to you by McCormick. The recipes, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.