Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment
This post may contain affiliate links.
Lemon Dill Salmon in Parchment with Vegetables — Tender salmon with vegetables and it’s so EASY, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with bold LEMON and dill flavor!! Put it on your dinner rotation!!
Easy Baked Salmon in Parchment Paper
My family loves salmon and I love an easy, healthy dinner with virtually no cleanup that’s ready in 20 minutes. A win on every level.
This easy baked salmon recipe is tender, juicy, and boldly flavored with lemon and dill. My secret to achieve perfectly cooked salmon is Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Cooking fish en papillote (in parchment) is such a classically French technique that’s foolproof and so easy. This cooking method will work with virtually any kind of fish, from grouper to cod or even shrimp.
Reynolds® Parchment Paper serves as a multi-purpose tool for non-stick baking and easy cleanup. Both sides of are grease-proof and help simplify many tasks including rolling out dough and cookies, lining countertops when measuring and mixing ingredients, or to cover oven-roasted chicken or microwave-steamed vegetables to retain flavor and moisture. It’s safe to use in a conventional or convection oven at temperatures up to 420ºF.
It’s so easy to bundle up the parchment packets, put them on a baking sheet, and just like that your work is done. Zucchini and yellow squash cook with the salmon and are crisp-tender and full of lemony dill flavor.
It’s awesome to have a complete meal that cooks in one handy parchment packet and that tastes so good!
What’s in Lemon Dill Salmon?
To make this baked salmon with lemon and dill, you’ll need:
- Yellow squash
- Salmon filets
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh dill
How to Bake Salmon in Parchment Paper
This lemon dill salmon recipe requires just 5 minutes of hands-on prep! Simply slice the zucchini and yellow squash, then layer on top of parchment paper squares.
Place one salmon filet on top of each pile of veggies, then drizzle with oil and sprinkle fresh dill on top. Lastly, place lemon slices over the salmon before sealing up the parchment paper packages.
Bake the lemon dill salmon in parchment until the fish is tender and cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
How Long to Bake Salmon in Parchment
This lemon dill salmon will need to bake for roughly 15 to 20 minutes in a 400ºF oven.
Can I Pair Different Veggies with the Lemon Dill Salmon?
Squash and zucchini are so abundant at this time of year, but you can substitute with asparagus spears, artichoke hearts, or very thinly sliced potatoes.
Can I Use Another Type of Fish?
Most definitely! Bake times may vary depending on the type and size of fish you use, so use your best judgement.
Tips for Making Lemon Dill Salmon
Be sure to slice the veggies about 1/8 inch thick. You want them to cook at the same rate in the oven, and you don’t want them to be too thinly sliced otherwise they’ll turn to mush once baked.
Also, you need to seal the parchment paper packs very tightly so none of the steam escapes in the oven. And open the packets carefully so none of the trapped steam puffs up into your eyes.
If you wind up with leftovers of this salmon with lemon and dill, I recommend enjoying them cold atop a salad or in a sandwich. Seafood rarely reheats well, but enjoy your leftovers however you want!
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick (you likely won’t use all of it)
- 1 medium yellow squash (summer squash), sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick (you likely won’t use all of it)
- two 6-ounce salmon filets
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 small fresh dill fronds/sprigs, divided plus more for garnishing if desired
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400F and place two large squares of Reynolds® Parchment Paper on the counter.
- Add about 8 to 10 slices of zucchini to the center of each packet in an even flat layer, arranged in two vertical columns that mimics the shape of the salmon.
- Add about 8 to 10 slices of yellow squash on top of the zucchini.
- Add one salmon filet to each packet with the skin-side down so that it covers the vegetables as much as possible.
- Evenly drizzle each packet with about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and season each with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add about 4 dill fronds to each piece of salmon, nestling some on the sides and some on top.
- Add about 3 slices lemon over the top of each piece of salmon.
- Seal up the parchment packets by folding the edges into each other and crimping tightly as you go. You want them tightly sealed so neither the cooking juices nor steam escapes.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is tender and cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Optionally garnish with additional dill and serve immediately. Recipe is best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 41g
More Salmon Dinner Recipes:
Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon — Make salmon at home in 30 minutes that tastes better than from a restaurant! Easy, tender, and packed with flavor from the honey and lemon butter!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Sheet Pan Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon — Juicy salmon at home in 30 minutes that’s EASY and tastes BETTER than from a restaurant! The butter is infused with lemon and garlic and adds so much FLAVOR!
Sheet Pan Lemon Dijon Baked Salmon and Potatoes – This baked salmon and potatoes recipe is ready in 25 minutes, the lemon butter and Dijon mustard add so much FLAVOR, and it’s made on ONE sheet pan!
Post is brought to you by Reynolds. The recipes, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.