Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment
My family loves salmon and I love an easy, healthy dinner with virtually no cleanup that’s ready in 20 minutes.
A win on every level.
The salmon is tender, juicy, and boldly flavored with lemon and dill. My secret to achieve perfectly cooked salmon is Reynolds® Parchment Paper.MY OTHER RECIPES
Cooking fish en papillote (in parchment) is such a classically French technique that’s foolproof and so easy. This cooking method will work with virtually any kind of fish from grouper to cod or even shrimp.
Reynolds® Parchment Paper serves as a multi-purpose tool for non-stick baking and easy cleanup. Both sides of are grease-proof and help simplify many tasks including rolling out dough and cookies, lining countertops when measuring and mixing ingredients, or to cover oven-roasted chicken or microwave-steamed vegetables to retain flavor and moisture. It’s safe to use in a conventional or convection oven at temperatures up to 420F.
It’s so easy to bundle up the parchment packets, put them on a baking sheet, and just like that – your work is done.
Zucchini and yellow squash cook with the salmon and are crisp-tender and full of lemony dill flavor.
Squash and zucchini are so abundant at this time of year but you can substitute with asparagus spears, artichoke hearts, or very thinly sliced potatoes.
It’s awesome to have a complete meal that cooks in one handy parchment packet and that tastes so good.
Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment
An easy, healthy dinner with virtually no cleanup that’s ready in 20 minutes. The salmon is tender, juicy, and boldly flavored with lemon and dill. My secret to achieve perfectly cooked salmon is Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Zucchini and yellow squash cook with the salmon and are crisp-tender and full of lemony dill flavor. Squash and zucchini are so abundant at this time of year but you can substitute with asparagus spears, artichoke hearts, or very thinly sliced potatoes. It’s awesome to have a complete meal that cooks in one handy parchment packet and that tastes so good.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick (you likely won’t use all of it)
- 1 medium yellow squash (summer squash), sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick (you likely won’t use all of it)
- two 6-ounce salmon filets
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- about 8 small fresh dill fronds/sprigs, divided plus more for garnishing if desired
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400F and place two large squares of Reynolds® Parchment Paper on the counter.
- Add about 8 to 10 slices of zucchini to the center of each packet in an even flat layer, arranged in two vertical columns that mimics the shape of the salmon.
- Add about 8 to 10 slices of yellow squash on top of the zucchini.
- Add one salmon filet to each packet with the skin-side down so that it covers the vegetables as much as possible.
- Evenly drizzle each packet with about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and season each with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add about 4 dill fronds to each piece of salmon, nestling some on the sides and some on top.
- Add about 3 slices lemon over the top of each piece of salmon.
- Seal up the parchment packets by folding the edges into each other and crimping tightly as you go. You want them tightly sealed so neither the cooking juices nor steam escapes. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is tender and cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Optionally garnish with additional dill and serve immediately. Recipe is best warm and fresh.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon – Make salmon at home in 30 minutes that tastes better than from a restaurant! Easy, tender, and packed with flavor from the honey and lemon butter!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Corn Chip-Crusted Southwestern Salmon Cakes with Creamy Lemon Chili Sauce – Easy salmon cakes over greens make for a fast and healthy meal!
Post is brought to you by Reynolds. The recipes, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.