Club Sandwich Pasta Salad — This turkey pasta salad features all your favorite club sandwich ingredients!! Turkey, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese with ranch! Ready in 15 minutes and perfect for potlucks, picnics, and parties!!
Loaded Turkey Pasta Salad
I have fond memories of going out to lunch with my grandma when I was growing up. At the local diner we went to, one or both of us would usually order a club sandwich. It was just our thing.
This pasta salad is a spin on a club sandwich. Turkey, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese all coated in creamy ranch dressing that’s spiked with a hint of barbecue sauce.
Nothing fancy, but club sandwiches aren’t fancy — but they are definitely good!
This loaded turkey pasta salad is a spinoff of this BLT Pasta Salad I made last summer that turned out to be a reader favorite.
It’s easy, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for picnics, potlucks, parties, or easy-breezy lunches and dinners. I can’t believe Fourth Of July is right around the corner. This would be a perfect pasta salad to put on your menu.
Loaded Turkey Pasta Salad Ingredients
To make the loaded turkey pasta salad with ranch and bacon, you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cooked bacon
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Black pepper
How to Make Loaded Turkey Pasta Salad
Making loaded turkey pasta salad with ranch dressing couldn’t be simpler! Here are the basic recipe steps:
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Be sure to salt the pasta water!
- Add the bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, turkey, cheese, and green onions to a serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the pasta, bbq sauce, and ranch. Toss to combine.
- Taste the salad and add more ranch as needed.
What Kind of Ranch Should I Use?
Any kind you’d like! Buttermilk, low-fat, regular, you name it. You can even make your own ranch dressing, if you’re so inclined.
Can I Use Leftover Turkey in This Recipe?
Go for it! This would be a great way to use up leftover holiday turkey. It’d add even more flavor and texture than plain deli turkey.
Recipe Substitutions to Try
This turkey pasta salad with ranch and bacon is very easy to make, but it’s a flexible recipe. Here are some ingredient swaps you can make, if desired.
- Pasta: I used bowtie pasta, but any short and sturdy pasta shape will work. You may also use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta.
- Tomatoes: Cherry or grape tomatoes will work.
- Bacon: I used regular pork bacon that I cooked and sliced. But use any bacon variety you like, or even us bacon bits.
- Ranch: May use mayonnaise instead, noting that the dressing won’t be as flavorful.
- Turkey: Use deli turkey or leftover roast turkey from a holiday gathering.
- Cheese: Pretty much any shredded cheese will work. I used a Mexican cheese blend, but cheddar or Colby Jack also works.
Tips for Making Turkey Pasta Salad with Ranch Dressing
This creamy ranch pasta salad makes a good sized batch already but if you’re feeding a big group, it’s an easy recipe to double and will be a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
You can even bump up the amount of pasta from 8 ounces to 12 ounces if you want to bulk up the batch size if you’re making this for a crowd.
This is also an extremely flexible recipe and you can easily add what you prefer most. Like more cheese? Add it. Are you a tomato fiend like me? Add another handful.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) uncooked farfalle (bowtie) pasta (rigatoni, ziti, small shells, etc. may be substituted)
- about 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces deli turkey breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- about 3/4 cup cooked bacon, diced small (I use one 2.5-ounce package precooked bacon and microwave it for 1 minute to save time, about 10 slices)
- 1 to 1.5 cups shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend)
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- about 1/2 cup ranch dressing, or more if desired (mayo may be substituted)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (I prefer 4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and add to a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, turkey, cheese, green onions, and toss to combine; set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, pepper, stir to combine, and evenly drizzle over the salad. If necessary, add additional ranch as desired to evenly coat the salad.
- Serve immediately after dressed. Salad is best fresh.
Adapted from BLT Pasta Salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 833mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g
More Easy Pasta Salad Recipes:
Amish Pasta Salad — A family-favorite classic pasta salad recipe with al dente pasta, bell peppers, celery, red onions, and hard-boiled eggs tossed in a creamy tangy-sweet dressing!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad — The BEST version of a chicken Caesar salad because there’s tender pasta, too!! EASY, ready in 20 minutes, makes a big batch, and a guaranteed family FAVORITE!!
BLT Pasta Salad — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, feeds a crowd, and PERFECT for potlucks and parties!! Creamy ranch dressing perfectly coats the pasta and BACON! Guaranteed family FAVORITE!!
Taco Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with great Mexican-inspired ingredients including corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and more! Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Ravioli Salad — Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette! A healthy yet hearty salad that takes advantage of summer!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad – Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!