Blueberry Pancake Breakfast Squares
This post may contain affiliate links.
Blueberry Pancake Breakfast Squares – Craving pancakes but not the work of standing at the stove flipping them? Make these EASY breakfast squares with only THREE ingredients!! Perfect for weekend brunch or as a make-ahead weekday breakfast!!
If you’re like me and the thought of making pancakes one-by-one while being chained to the stove isn’t your idea of a fun weekend morning, then this recipe is just for you.
I rarely make pancakes because they are more work than I want when I’m still half asleep and need a cup of coffee.
But to satisfy my daughter’s request for pancakes, I made these extremely easy pancake-inspired breakfast squares.
What Do The Squares Taste Like
I almost called this recipe a breakfast ‘cake’ rather than squares but they’re not quite sweet or light enough to be considered cake in my book.
But after you douse the squares with either maple syrup, confectioner’s sugar, or your favorite pancake topping (jam, jelly, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce), the sweetness level is just right.
The squares have the hearty denseness that pancakes do and you’ll be satisfied for hours.
If you’re looking for something that’s lighter, sweeter, and more of a true cake, but that’s also inspired by pancakes, make this Blueberry Muffin and Buttermilk Pancakes Cake that I posted years ago. Readers who make that cake always write to say they are extremely loyal to it and make it over and over again.
Only 3 Main Ingredients
To make the squares all you need to do is combine 3 main ingredients: pancake mix, water, and add blueberries. I added a splash of vanilla and tossed the blueberries in flour to help prevent them from sinking while baking. So that still only puts you at a whopping 4 ingredients.
I used fresh blueberries because I had a surplus. I imagine you could use frozen berries. I would add them straight from the freezer and increase the baking time slightly since they’ll cool the batter down and it will take a bit longer for it to bake up.
Weekend Brunch Or Make-Ahead Weekday Breakfast
These breakfast squares are perfect for weekend brunches or even as a make-ahead weekday breakfast. Of course fresh and warm from then oven is best but we nuked the leftover squares on subsequent days and they were still plenty tasty.
Especially when you use as much syrup as I do.
Check these other blueberry recipes out:
- FAVORITE BLUEBERRY RECIPES ALL HERE – A collection of the best of the best blueberry recipes!
- Crustless Blueberry Pie – Fast, super easy, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining, picnics, or potlucks! Somewhere in between pie, cake, and blondies is what you get with this fabulous recipe! Take advantage of those fresh blueberries!
- Blueberry Crisp – Sweet, juicy blueberries topped with a crispy, crumbly topping! Easy, one bowl, no mixer dessert that’s an all-time favorite!
- Blueberry Pie Bars – Super soft, easy bars with a creamy filling, streusel topping and abundance of juicy blueberries!
- Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars – Fast, easy, no-mixer bars great for breakfast, snacks, or a healthy dessert! Big crumbles and juicy berries are irresistible!
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix (such as Bisquick; I used Krusteaz Blueberry Pancake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, line an 8x8-inch pan with foil for easier cleanup, and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the pancake mix, water, vanilla, and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the blueberries, flour, and toss to coat the blueberries.
- Add the blueberries and all flour that's at the bottom of the bowl to the bowl with the pancake mix and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle with additional blueberries for both taste and visual appeal.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Baking times will vary based on brand of pancake mix used so bake according and until done. Start checking at 15 minutes; you don't want to overbake this at all or they will be dry and dense. Serve with maple syrup, dust with confectioner's sugar, or use your favorite pancake topping. Squares are best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 448mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Blueberry Muffin and Buttermilk Pancakes Cake – One of the best coffee cakes and uses a tried-and-true cake base I adore!
Crustless Blueberry Pie – Fast, super easy, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining, picnics, or potlucks! Somewhere in between pie, cake, and blondies is what you get with this fabulous recipe! Take advantage of those fresh blueberries!
Blueberry Crisp – Sweet, juicy blueberries topped with a crispy, crumbly topping! Easy, one bowl, no mixer dessert that’s an all-time favorite! (Never bother with blueberry pie again because this is so much better!)
Blueberry Pie Bars – Super soft, easy bars with a creamy filling, streusel topping and abundance of juicy blueberries!
Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars – Fast, easy, no-mixer bars great for breakfast, snacks, or a healthy dessert! Big crumbles and juicy berries are irresistible!
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread – Banana bread just got better with juicy blueberries in every bite! The zucchini (you can’t taste it) keeps it moist and healthy! Easy and delicious!
Blueberry Zucchini Bread – Juicy blueberries in every bite of this soft, easy, no mixer bread! If you have picky eaters who don’t like zucchini, don’t worry because you can’t taste it! It keeps the bread tender and healthier!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.