Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links.
Teriyaki sauce reminds me of my childhood.
I slathered it on just about everything. Either that or sweet-and-sour sauce or ketchup.
The only version of chicken teriyaki my daughter had ever tried was from the mall. Yikes. It was time to change that.
It’s a fast, easy recipe that the whole family will love and it’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
After cooking the pasta, it’s transferred along with the vegetables, into the skillet the chicken cooks in. Everything is tossed together in the teriyaki sauce the chicken simmers in. The sauce helps keep the chicken perfectly moist, tender, and coats the pasta and vegetables perfectly.
I add the vegetables raw and don’t actively cook them because I want them to stay crunchy and crisp. The carryover heat in the skillet and from the chicken, sauce, and pasta is all that’s needed to soften them a tiny bit. Feel free to substitute with your favorite veggies.
The soy sauce in the teriyaki, combined with ginger, honey, and lemon add so much bold flavor and jazz this dish right up.
It’s healthy, faster than calling for takeout, and perfect for busy nights. My daughter said it definitely trumps chicken teriyaki from the mall.
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used this
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce + 1 tablespoon for cooking chicken
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced small
- 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers, diced small (another color may be substituted)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- To a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the teriyaki sauce, honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and stir to combine; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chicken, generously sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
- Carefully add the sauce noting that it may bubble up in the first few seconds.
- Allow sauce to bubble at a low boil for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and chicken is cooked through. Stir sauce and flip chicken intermittently throughout.
- Add pasta and vegetables to skillet with the chicken and toss to combine and coat. Serve immediately. I prefer recipe warm and fresh, but can be served chilled as a cold pasta salad. Will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently prior to serving if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 2239mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 12g
Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll love the tangy-sweet flavor! A healthy weeknight dinner for those busy nights!
Sweet and Tangy Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Mango – Easy and ready in 15 minutes! Dinner that tastes like a tropical vacation is a guaranteed hit!
Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry – Big juicy shrimp and crunchy veggies coated in tangy sauce are a hit with everyone!! Easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and way better than takeout!
Skinny Broccoli and Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry – Skip takeout and make your own fast, easy, and healthy stir fry! Think of all the money and calories you’ll save!
Szechuan Shrimp Stir Fry with Fried Rice – (GF) – Packed with flavor, healthy & so easy to make! Who needs takeout when you can DIY in 15 minutes!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.