15-Minute Sheet Pan Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
This Sheet Pan Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken is fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup.
Baked Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
I love pineapple no matter it’s in a cake, piña colada, slow cooker Hawaiian Chicken, or in a savory sheet pan recipe, I am down. Especially on pizza, but I know pineapple on pizza is a controversial topic.
This easy sheet pan teriyaki chicken recipe is anything but controversial, because I think we can all agree that when you can make dinner on one pan, it’s ready in 15 minutes, and cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil, you’ve got yourself a winner.
The baked pineapple chicken teriyaki is moist and tender, the pineapple is juicy, and crisp-tender veggies add the right amount of crunch and texture. Naturally gluten-free and healthy is the name of this tune.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken on a Sheet Pan
Add the chicken and teriyaki marinade ingredients to a large ziptop bag and set in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes (overnight is best). While the chicken marinates, preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with foil.
To the baking sheet, add the diced pineapple, sugar snap peas, and bell pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place the marinated chicken on the baking sheet and toss to combine evenly with the other ingredients. You’ll want to discard the used bag of marinade at this point.
Bake the pineapple teriyaki chicken until the meat is fully cooked through. Make sure to stir and flip the chicken once halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking.
I like to garnish this easy teriyaki chicken with with green onions and sesame seeds, but you can leave those out if desired. This pineapple teriyaki chicken is delicious over rice or as is.
Tips for the Best Teriyaki Chicken
If you can marinate the chicken overnight, it will have the most flavor. If you forgot to plan ahead, marinate for as long as you can to ensure you get a nice dose of teriyaki infused flavor.
The teriyaki marinade will naturally run over and coat the red bell peppers, sugar snap peas, and pineapple while baking and everything takes on an Asian-inspired teriyaki tone.
I used 2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce in the marinade and it adds enough kick and heat to make the dish interesting without being spicy, for our palettes. However, if you are very sensitive to spices or are making this for kids, I would reduce or possibly omit it.
Also, I recommend using fresh pineapple because it’s less mushy and less juicy than canned. Normally juicy fruit is a good thing, but in this situation I feel like canned pineapple will release too much juice while baking and things could get a little soupy on the baking sheet.
I haven’t tried it, but this is my hunch. As written and tested with fresh pineapple, there is still a pretty good amount of juice that’s released and I wouldn’t want more.
If you have other vegetables on hand like mushrooms, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots, they would be great thrown in too.
More Asian Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce — The chicken is so tender and juicy and there’s plenty of homemade PEANUT SAUCE to dip it into!
- Sesame Mango Chicken — An EASY Asian-inspired recipe with tender sesame chicken, juicy mango, and soy-garlic-ginger infused cabbage and carrots!
- 15-Minute Sweet and Sour Chicken — This sweet and sour chicken recipe takes just 15 minutes to make and tastes way better than takeout. Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- Skinny Chicken and Broccoli — Skip takeout and make this Asian favorite at home in just minutes!
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice — Even people who don’t like cauliflower will be amazed at how authentic and DELICIOUS this SKINNY version of chicken fried rice tastes!
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for drizzling over the pineapple, sugar snap peas, red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and diced into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- about 2 green onions, sliced into thin rounds for garnishing
- sesame seeds, optional for garnishing
- To a large ziptop bag add the chicken, teriyaki, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, chili garlic sauce, ginger, 1 teaspoon pepper, seal bag, squish contents around to distribute evenly, and place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Preheat oven to 475F and line a baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup.
- To the baking sheet, add the pineapple, sugar snap peas, bell pepper, evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove chicken from the bag and place it on the baking sheet (discard the bag with the marinade) and using a tongs or your hands, toss to combine it evenly with the other ingredients.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through; stir and flip once halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. Note – you are baking in a very hot oven, the chicken is cut into small pieces, and pineapple has a lot of natural sugars meaning things can go from under to overdone in 1 minute; keep a close eye on things starting at the 10 minute mark.
- Evenly garnish with the green onions and optional sesame seeds before serving.
- Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 1110mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 21g Protein: 49g
Even More Easy Dinner Recipes:
15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – EASY dinners that are ready in a flash and PERFECT for busy weeknights! DELISH, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – FAST, easy, gluten-free recipes on the SKINNIER side!! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much FLAVOR! Perfect for busy weeknights and there’s more than than just salads!!