Chocolate Honey Almond Tart
This post may contain affiliate links.
Calling all chocoholics, this tart is for you.
It’s decadently chocolaty, very rich, and if you’re having one of those days where your inner chocolate monster is screaming at you, make this to quiet her down.
There’s a buttery, chocolate graham cracker and almond crust that’s topped with a silky smooth chocolate and honey filling.
The filling is sweet enough but not overly sweet. If you like salted chocolate desserts, sprinkle the tart with sea salt before serving for that salty-sweet flavor.
The tart tastes like you slaved over it but it’s incredibly fast and easy to make and it’s almost no-bake. The crust is made in the food processor in two minutes flat before baking briefly and then topping it with the filling.
Making the filling is as easy as pouring a warm cream and honey mixture over chocolate chips and whisking. It’s almost like making ganache and tastes like creamy, honey-spiked ganache. Use heavy cream complete with all its glorious fat so that the filling sets up.
The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for the filling to set and I recommend overnight, which makes the tart an easy and impressive make-ahead dessert for parties.
- 9 full-size chocolate graham crackers (about 5 to 5 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and softened
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Note – I wouldn’t use a 9-inch round pie dish because I think it will be slightly too shallow; a 9-inch square pan may work but I prefer the ease and cosmetic result of a springform pan.
- To the canister of a food processor, add the graham crackers, almonds, and process on high speed until broken down into fine crumbs, about 1 minute. Tips – I used Honey Maid Chocolate Graham Crackers and in a standard box there are three packets of 9 crackers each. Before adding the graham crackers to the food processor I beat the sealed packet a few times with the back of a table knife to break up the crackers and help the food processor along.
- Add the butter and process on high speed until incorporated and crumbs are well-moistened, about 1 minute.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan and hard-pack with the back of a spatula to form an even, smooth, flat crust layer. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack for about 15 minutes before adding the filling.
- After crust has cooled, to a medium bowl add the chocolate chips; set aside.
- To a 2-cup glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, add the cream, honey, and heat for 1 minute on high power.
- Stop, whisk to combine, return measuring cup to microwave, and heat for 45 to 60 seconds, or just under a boil; keep a close eye on it since all microwaves vary and you don’t want it to boil. Whisk briefly to combine.
- Pour cream-honey mixture over chocolate chips and whisk until silky smooth and combined.
- Whisk in the salt.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the crust, smooth the top lightly with a spatula or offset knife, cover pan with plasticwrap, and place pan in fridge for at least 5 hours to set (overnight is recommened) before removing from springform pan and slicing and serving. Tart will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
The Best French Silk Pie – Homemade French Silk is the most amazing thing ever! You HAVE to make this! Beyond words how crazy good it is!
No-Bake Deep-Dish Peanut Butter Snickers Pie with Salted Caramel – The perfect pie loaded with peanut butter, chocolate, salted caramel and Snickers! Rich, decadent, easy and no-bake!
Samoas Cookie Pie – – Move over Girl Scout Cookies! The flavor in this easy, giant cookie is 100% spot-on!! Hello year-round cookie season!
Smores Brownie Pie – Fudgy brownies topped with gooey marshmallows and graham crackers for a easy, indoor smores!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways. If you’re a peanut butter lover, this pie is for you!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy & always a big hit!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie – 3 fave cookies combined into 1 giant cookie! So easy & ready in 25 minutes. Pop it in before dinner & enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.