Cinnamon Raisin Bread Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love cinnamon raisin bread, especially when it’s lightly toasted with butter melting on top and a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.
If I could drink cinnamon raisin toast I probably would. And did. In the form of this smoothie.
I didn’t have any cinnamon raisin bread on hand, and didn’t have any Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, which I adored growing up and if I had any on hand, I would have gladly tossed that in the mix, too.
So I needed to get creative to handle my cinnamon raisin bread cravings and necessity was the mother of invention.
I don’t know if it’s because of the Caribbean heat making me extra thirsty but smoothies go down so quickly and easily here and this one was no exception.
The smoothie is full of cinnamon flavor, and feel free to go heavier-handed on the cinnamon, if you like it as much as I do.
My little Magic Bullet pulverized the graham crackers and raisins and just a tiny hint of texture remained, along with plenty of creaminess.
And sniff, there is something that reminds me of fall about this smoothie. I don’t like fall. I like summer year-round, but this would be a great one for fall.
Enjoy your cinnamon raisin bread in liquid form.
- 2 ripe small/medium bananas (previously frozen in chunks is preferred)
- 1 standard full-size graham cracker*
- 1/2 to 2/3 milk (almond, cashew, cow, soy, rice, etc.)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *To keep vegan, use vegan graham crackers Nabisco Original Graham Crackers are ‘accidentally vegan’) and vegan milk (soy, rice, almond, cashew, coconut, etc.). To keep gluten free, use gluten-free graham crackers. Skinny Crisps Cinnamon Crisps are vegan, gluten-free, high fiber, low carb, and amazing.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with graham cracker crumbs, raisins, or a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 6gSugar: 39gProtein: 12g
Spiced Apple Pie Smoothie (vegan, GF)
Do you like cinnamon raisin bread or toast? Or Cinnamon?
I love both and this smoothie went down ridiculously easy. Then the family realized what I had in my cup and wanted some and I ended up making a double batch.
Cinnamon is so good for us; it has all sorts of health benefits from reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels to boosting memory.
Plus, it tastes great. I usually go heavy-handed in recipes calling for cinnamon and there are different varieties of cinnamon from Ceylon to Cassia to Vietnamese.
Most cinnamon sold in the U.S. is cassia, which isn’t actually true cinnamon.
Have a great weekend and thanks for the Bella Bars Giveaway entries!
As part of the DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker Program, I received Sweet ‘N Low and a stipend.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.