I’d much rather bake my pancakes than flip them.
Wouldn’t we all rather be sitting on the couch drinking coffee than babysitting pancakes on the stove.
If you love thick stacks of pancakes, you’re going to love this deep-dish skillet pancake. It’s soft, fluffy, and light, with the texture of pancakes, and it’s packed with berries.
It’s an absolutely perfect brunch recipe because it feeds a crowd and you can pop it into the oven about 45 minutes before you’re ready to serve it.
The easy, stir-together recipe comes together in minutes with ingredients you likely have on hand. A bowl of bowl of dry ingredients, a bowl of wet ingredients, with (frozen) mixed berries.
I used frozen fruit because it’s cheaper and I always have it on hand, but use fresh if preferred. Baking time will be reduced with fresh, but I can’t say by how much.
I used Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk and it’s so irresistibly creamy but with fewer calories than skim milk. Silk Cashewmilk or Silk Almond Milk are my milks of choice for baking and smoothies because they’re so low in calories and fat, they’re vegan and dairy-free, and I always get impressive-tasting results. It’s the perfect match between tasty and guilt-free.
I used my Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 10-1/4-Inch Skillet but most any heavy-bottomed, oven-safe skillet will be fine.
Make sure it’s a solid 10-inches because when the pancake rose in the oven, it used up every inch of my skillet and you don’t want an overflow.
I made this for my family and we had plenty left over.
I wrapped individually-portioned wedges in plasticwrap for quick, easy, grab-and-go weekday breakfasts for my daughter.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (lite is okay)
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups mixed berries (if using frozen, add frozen and don’t thaw)
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting, optional
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a large 10-1/4 inch cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet with cooking spray if skillet isn’t well-seasoned. Make sure skillet is at least 10-1/4 inches; 12-inch skillet is okay noting pancake will be thinner and baking time will be reduced; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the eggs, milk, sour cream, oil, and whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry, stirring until just combined; don’t overmix. Some lumps may be present and this is okay; don’t try to stir them smooth.
- Gently stir in the fruit.
- Turn batter out into prepared skillet, smoothing the top lightly with a spatual if needed. Tip – add a few extra berries to the top for visual appeal.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until pancake is cooked through in the center. Baking times could range dramatically based on type of skillet used and if fresh or frozen berries were used. Bake until your pancake is done given your variables and watch your pancake, not the clock, when evaluating doneness.
- Optionally dust with confectioners’ sugar, slice, and serve with maple syrup. Pancake is best fresh but extra can be wrapped individually in plasticwrap and will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days; reheat gently in the micro before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g
Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancake – This big, fluffy, light pancake is so easy and packed with blueberries!
Dairy-Free Soft and Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes – Healthier pancakes that are soft, fluffy, light & just bursting with blueberries!
Blueberry Muffin and Buttermilk Pancakes Cake – A cake that tastes like a cross between soft blueberry muffins and fluffy buttermilk pancakes!
Extra Soft and Moist Blueberry Muffins – Supremely soft, moist, and packed with berries!
Brown Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread with Blueberry Butter – Banana bread made with blueberries is a fun twist on the usual!
Strawberry and Sprinkles Buttermilk Pancakes – Jazz up your usual buttermilk pancakes by adding strawberries and sprinkles make everything more fun!
Easy Buttermilk Waffles with Mixed Berry & Lemon Preserves – As fast and easy as using boxed pancake mix, but so much better! Crispy on the outside and soft & fluffy inside!
Post is brought to you by Silk. The recipe, images, text, and opinions are my own.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.