Goodbye to the season of indulgence. Hello to the season of cleaning up your diet and getting back on track.
Halloween starts it off with all the candy, then the month long lead-up to Thanksgiving, another month long eating-fest of Christmas cookies, fudge, and cheese dips, with adult beverages for New Years. Whoa.
I think most of us are ready to lighten up, healthify, and get back into those skinny jeans, or at least try to, in January.
Tis the season for resolutions and if you’ve made any, this smoothie is a great way to keep them.
It’s very filling, satisfying, naturally vegan and gluten-free, with no added sugar, salt, or stuff you don’t want.
It’s made with sweet mixed berries and a banana for creaminess. I use frozen fruit so I don’t have to add ice. Plus it’s cheaper and available year-round since January isn’t known as berry season.
I used a heaping handful of fresh spinach and while I can’t taste it (I drink an all-green, very intense green juice daily and am immune to green), my 8 year old daughter said she could taste it but ‘not that much’. The berries trump the green taste.
If you’re trying to work in or sneak in more greens, this is an easy way. Sometimes I use frozen spinach if that’s what I have.
- 20 grams premium plant-based protein
- 6 servings of greens
- 50% daily intake of food-based vitamins and minerals
- 25% DV fiber
- 1.5 grams of Omega-3s
- Probiotics (1 billion CFU)
- Only 160 calories. (French Vanilla)
Vega just launched their #BestLifeProject. Eating, moving, recharging, connecting, going on adventures are what best lives are made of. Instagram your daily triumphs both big and small with #BestLifeProject. Here you can gather recipe inspiration, ideas for healthy meals while dining out, ways to share your healthy lifestyle with others, fun ways to bring play back into exercise and reinvigorate your workouts, and reminders to relax and recharge no matter how many things remain on your to-do list.
Until January 31, all my readers who use this link will receive 20% off any Vega purchases. Use promo code AverieCooks at checkout.
Pin This Recipe
- about 1 1/4 cups mixed berries (I use Trader Joe’s Berry Medley which includes strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- about 1 1/4 cups fresh spinach, loosely laid in measuring cup (frozen may be substituted)
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled (previously frozen in chunks is ideal)
- 1 scoop Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake (use this link
- about 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- Add all ingredients to the canister of a blender or food processor in the order listed. Blend on high power until texture is as smooth as desired. Serve immediately. Smoothie is best when freshly made, however sometimes I made a double batch and place half the batch in a freezer-safe (plastic) glass for later. Smoothie will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month; allow to thaw at room temp for about 45 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 10gSugar: 48gProtein: 14g
The Best 15 Healthy Smoothies – Fast, easy, and tasty smoothie recipes that’ll keep you full and satisfied and are skinny jeans-friendly!
Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Under 100 calories for a creamy, rich & satisfying smoothie that tastes like the real deal!
Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Like a strawberry milkshake but healthier! Sweet, creamy and satisfying!
Tropical Green Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a Pina Colada. Sweet, creamy, healthy and gives me more energy than coffee!
Blueberry Pie Smoothie (vegan, GF) – A healthy, no-sugar-added smoothie that tastes like a blueberry pie! So good!
Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) – No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!
Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies – No added sugar! Cool, refreshing and they go down so easily! Optionally add alcohol and makes a great party drink.
Watermelon Raspberry Slushies – Cool, refreshing, and you’ll want a refill before you know it! Optionally add alcohol and get the party started.
Pineapple Banana & Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing and healthy! No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough!
Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Work in extra Vitamin C with this smooth, creamy, easy and healthy smoothie!
Cherry Revitalizer Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Gives you energy and leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized!
Blueberry Banana Recovery Smoothie – Sweet, fruity, a little bit creamy, and very refreshing! A great post-workout smoothie!
Post is brought to you by Vega. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.