Watermelon Vodka Slush — These alcoholic slushies are summertime in a glass! Cool, refreshing, and you’ll want a refill before you know it!
Refreshing Watermelon Slushie Cocktail
I don’t know what it is about watermelon that I love so much, but every summer I eat my weight in it. I figured it was about time to start drinking it, too.
These refreshing slushies combine two of my favorite summer fruits, watermelon and raspberries. A bit of lime juice adds a zingy twist. Tart lime juice in contrast with sweet fruit is a nice pairing.
This is summer in a glass. Drinking watermelon and berries and slurping up every last drop.
The slushies go down fast, easy, and you’ll want a refill before you know it.
It’s definitely 5 o’clock somewhere!
What’s in a Watermelon Vodka Slush?
To make the watermelon slushie cocktails, you’ll need:
- Raspberry Vodka
- Raspberry or watermelon schnapps
- Lime juice
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
How to Make a Watermelon Vodka Slush
These alcoholic slushies are a breeze to make! Simply add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
I like to garnish my slushies with fresh fruit, like watermelon wedges and lime.
Can These Slushies Be Made Non-Alcoholic?
I add raspberry vodka and watermelon schnapps to make these adult slushies, but you can keep them virgin if you’d like. I’d prefer not to.
Can I Use Other Berries?
Yes, feel free to mix and match whatever frozen berries you have on hand. Watermelon pairs well with any berry!
Tips for Making Watermelon Vodka Slushies
In advance of blending the drinks, dice and freeze the watermelon for an hour.
If you’re using fresh raspberries rather than frozen (I use frozen and save fresh for eating), freeze them, too. That way you’re blending nearly-frozen fruit so you don’t need to add ice, which would water down the slushies.
Extra slushie mixture can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month by placing freezer-safe glasses inside a large ziplock bag to avoid freezer smells; allow to thaw for about 45 minutes before stirring and serving.
Pin This Recipe
- 3 cups diced watermelon, deseeded (freeze before blending for 1 hour)
- 2 cups raspberries (freeze before blending for 1 hour)
- 2 shots raspberry vodka, optional
- 2 shots raspberry or watermelon schnapps, optional
- juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- sweetener, optional and to taste (I recommend a liquid sweetener like agave, simple syrup
- To the canister of a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture between two glasses and optionally garnish with fruit. Serve immediately.
- Extra slushie mixture can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month by placing freezer-safe glasses inside a large ziplock bag to avoid freezer smells; allow to thaw for about 45 minutes before stirring and serving.
- If adding alcohol, recipe is intended for those for whom alcohol use is legal and appropriate. Always drink responsibly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 13gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
More Summer Cocktail Recipes:
Tropical Peach Pineapple Alcoholic Slushies — Plenty of booze and no added sugar in these vodka slushies, a win-win! Cool, refreshing, and they go down so easily!
Malibu Sunset — A fun, fruity, easy Malibu drink recipe!! Because there’s really no wrong way to do pineapple, orange juice, coconut rum, grenadine, and cherries.
Rum Runner — A fruity and tropical cocktail, but not in a strawberry daiquiri doesn’t-do-much kind of way. This delicious Rum Runner recipe (complete with my secret ingredient!) packs a punch that can sneak up on you!
Homemade Margaritas— How to make a margarita with just three natural ingredients! Nothing fake, neon green, and no sugary chemicals. This is the best homemade margarita recipe I’ve tried and it’s the easiest!!
Pomegranate Mojito – Everyone will love this fruity twist on a classic mojito recipe! The tart pomegranates and lime blend beautifully and are paired with simple syrup, mint, and white rum for a refreshing cocktail that’s perfect all year long!
Tropical Alcoholic Punch— One of my all-time favorite party drinks! Feel free to leave the alcohol out if desired. This punch tastes delicious even without it!
Tequila Sunrise — Not only is it pretty to look at, but a tequila sunrise is also refreshing, nostalgic, and the grenadine sweetens it up enough that you may not even notice it packs quite a punch!