Tropical Alcoholic Punch — One of my all-time favorite party drinks! Feel free to leave the alcohol out if desired. This punch tastes delicious even without it!
Tropical Alcoholic Punch Recipe
With warmer around the corner, nothing beats a glass of cool and refreshing punch. This goes down so easily. It’s sweet, citrusy, and has a tropical vibe.
You can make the punch as either alcoholic or not depending on your needs. Simply omit the alcohol if you don’t want your punch to pack a punch.
For the base of the punch, I used Country Time Lemonade Starter Liquid Drink Mix and Kool-Aid Tropical Punch Liquid Drink Mix, combined with water. I found the ingredients at VONS. Look for the “new” tag at your local VONS or Safeway stores to find new items like these at great values.
There are pineapple and orange juices for brightness, lemon-lime soda for carbonation, and a few big handfuls of diced fruit. It’s like punch and sangria all in one.
What’s in the Alcoholic Party Punch?
For this spiked punch recipe, you’ll need:
- Countrytime Lemonade Liquid Lemonade Starter (or a similar lemonade mix)
- Kool-Aid Tropical Punch Liquid Drink Mix (or a similar flavor of Kool-Aid or product)
- Lemon-lime soda
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Light rum
- Coconut rum
- Peach or pineapple schnapps
- Apricot brandy or triple sec
- Ice, for serving
How to Make Alcoholic Punch
Add the lemonade and tropical punch drink mixes to a large pitcher, as well as 4 cups of water. Pour in the lemon-lime soda, pineapple juice, orange juice, diced fruit, and stir to combine.
If making as an alcoholic punch, add all the alcohols and stir. Pour the party punch over ice and enjoy!
Can I Use Different Fruit Juices?
Yes! There’s lots of wiggle room in the recipe based on personal preferences and what you have on hand for the types of fruit juices and fruit selected. I used strawberries, pineapple, mango, and oranges, but use your favorites.
Can I Prep This Drink in Advance?
I don’t recommend making this alcoholic fruit punch too far in advance because the lemon-lime soda loses its carbonation over time. You could certainly measure out the other liquids before a party though.
Tips for the Best Spiked Punch
The beauty of this party punch recipe is that you can adjust the flavors easily to suit your own tastes. If you don’t like one of the alcohols I’ve listed in the recipe, swap it out for your alcohol of choice.
If you’re worried about the alcoholic party punch getting diluted from the melting ice cubes, I recommend using all frozen fruit instead of ice. That way, you’ll have more fruit to eat once the punch is gone and it will stay cold without becoming watery!
One last note: you should wait to make this alcoholic punch until your guests arrive. The lemon-lime soda loses its carbonation over time, so you can’t make this drink too far in advance.
Pin This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons COUNTRY TIME LEMONADE STARTER LIQUID DRINK MIX, mixed with 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons KOOL-AID TROPICAL PUNCH LIQUID DRINK MIX, mixed with 2 cups water
- 1 can (about 12 ounces) lemon-lime soda (Sprite, 7-Up, etc.; diet okay)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fruit, diced small (I used strawberries, pineapple, mango, and orange slices; frozen okay)
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup coconut rum (Malibu or similar)
- 1/2 cup peach or pineapple schnapps
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy or triple sec
- ice, for serving
- To a large pitcher or bowl, add the lemonade drink mix, 2 cups water, the tropical punch drink mix, 2 cups water, and stir to combine.
- Add the lemon-lime soda, pineapple juice, orange juice, diced fruit, and stir to combine. Taste and make any flavor adjustments if necessary, to taste.
- If making as an alcoholic punch, add all the alcohols, stir, taste and make any flavor adjustments if necessary, to taste. If adding alcohol, the recipe is intended for those for whom alcohol use is legal and appropriate. Always drink responsibly. Serve immediately over ice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 2gSugar: 93gProtein: 2g
More Easy Party Drinks:
Malibu Sunset — A fun, fruity, easy Malibu drink recipe!! Because there’s really no wrong way to do pineapple, orange juice, coconut rum, grenadine, and cherries!
Tequila Sunrise — Not only is it pretty to look at, but a Tequila Sunrise is also refreshing, nostalgic, and the grenadine sweetens it up enough that you may not even notice it packs quite a punch!
The BEST Homemade Margaritas — Nothing fake, neon green, and no sugary chemicals! This is the best homemade margarita recipe I’ve tried and it’s the easiest!
Rum Runner — This delicious Rum Runner recipe (complete with my secret ingredient of amaretto) packs a punch that can sneak up on you!
Tropical Mango Mimosas — A fun, easy, and refreshing twist on classic mimosas!! A party favorite at your next brunch or event! Everyone will want REFILLS!
Salty Dog Cocktail – A cousin to a greyhound, this bright, refreshing drink is made with vodka (or gin), grapefruit juice, and a sea-salted rim!! Easy to make a pitcher of it or make in advance if you’re entertaining!!
Manhattan Cocktail – This classic bourbon cocktail is made with vermouth, Angostura bitters, and orange peel for a sophisticated and easy drink everyone should know how to make!