I can’t get enough slurpy goodness here in Aruba.
When it’s hot and humid and I’m literally a hot mess these go down so well.
I try to take inspiration in what I eat and drink based on the local surroundings. Most of the U.S. is cold right now and I know that drinking a cold smoothie in Minnesota in December may not be on your to-do list.
But since I’m on the Equator, I may as well lots of smoothies and enjoy the flowers.
I picked them from a flowering shrub in my front yard.
Please don’t ask me what the name is.
I have no idea other than to call them pretty.
And very, very orange and very, very vibrant!
If today’s smoothie recipe looks similar to the Peaches and Coconut Cream Smoothie I made last week, it is.
I just swapped out the peaches for pineapple.
Not rocket science but I’m on vacation.
And now, I need some more of the pineapple smoothie.
It’s so creamy and sweet and coconutty and just slurpable. Basically a virgin pina colada.
I may twist Scott’s arm and add some rum to our smoothies after we put Skylar to bed. We’re living on the edge with homemade pina coladas. Don’t you know it.
And after one smoothie spiked with rum, you could put me straight to bed. I have become the quintessential lightweight that can get drunk from one pina colada.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled (previously frozen in chunks is ideal but not essential)
- 1 cup pineapple (I used canned in juice, but fresh would be great)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned, fresh, cream of coconut, or coconut creme concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
The remainder is optional:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, optional and to taste (or honey, agave, sugar, stevia, vanilla NuNaturals stevia drops
- 1/3 cup additional fruit (such strawberries, mango, peaches, plums, nectarines, papaya, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc.)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop neutral or vanilla flavored protein powder
- top with a handful of coconut flakes, granola, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, raisins
- For a pina colada add 1 to 2 ounces rum (dark rum, light rum, Malibu
- Blend all ingredients in Vita-Mix or blender until smooth. Serve immediately. Any extra will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 905Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 51gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 14gSugar: 63gProtein: 8g