Easy Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Bread
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Bread — Super cheesy and ready in 30 minutes. A game day and crowd favorite that’ll be devoured fast!! BACON makes everything BETTER!!
Cheesy Jalapeño Bread Recipe
Say hello to mindlessly easy comfort food that’s guaranteed to be a hit. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes with extremely minimal effort on your part. The best kind of recipe.
Set the bread out at a party, event, game day celebration, or as a weeknight side for your family and you’ll look like a superstar.
It’s super cheesy from both mozzarella and cream cheese, there’s bacon which makes everything better, a touch of garlic to add flavor, and sliced jalapeño peppers for some slight heat.
What’s in Jalapeño Cheese Bread?
To make this jalapeño bacon bread recipe, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Jalapeño peppers
- Garlic powder
- French bread
How to Make Jalapeño Cheese Bread
Whisk together the cream cheese and softened butter, then stir in the shredded mozzarella, bacon, jalapeños, and garlic powder. Spread the mixture over one half of the loaf of French bread.
Bake at 375F until the cheese is melted and golden. Garnish with additional jalapeño rounds and serve immediately.
Can I Prep This in Advance?
Once baked, the bread is best enjoyed right away (it’s best hot straight from the oven). However, you can mix together the cream cheese topping ahead of time. That way, all you have to do is slice the loaf of bread in half, smear on the topping, and bake.
Tips for Making Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Bread
If the crowd you’re making it for doesn’t like jalapenos or wants more or less garlic or bacon than I used, feel free to omit, adapt, and adjust the recipe based on your taste preferences. For my family and friends, the recipe was perfect because it was devoured at a recent party I hosted.
I used an average grocery store bakery loaf of French bread for this cheesy jalapeño bread recipe. The filling nicely covered one half in a fairly thick layer. Save the other half for making french toast, sandwiches, etc.
If the loaf you use is smaller, you may be able to coat both halves, but make sure to watch and make any necessary adjustments to baking time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (lite is okay), very soft
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (half of 1 stick) , very soft
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (monterey jack, fontina, or another easy-melting cheese may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced bacon (from about 8 strips)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, diced with about 6 rounds reserved for garnishing (from about 1 small jalapeno)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste (1 to 2 finely minced garlic cloves may be substituted)
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise (you will only use 1 of the halves for the recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil for easier cleanup; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add the cheese, bacon, jalapenos, garlic, and stir to incorporate.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the one half of bread.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly, and as golden as desired. Because all bread and cheese varies, watch bread closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Garnish with reserved jalapeno rounds and serve immediately. Bread is best warm and fresh.
Note – I used an average grocery store bakery loaf of French bread, about 1 pound, and the filling nicely covered one half in a fairly thick layer. Save the other half for French Toast Muffins, Cinnamon-Sugar Streusel Baked French Toast, etc. If the loaf you use is smaller, you may be able to coat both halves, but make sure to watch and make any necessary adjustments to baking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
More Easy Bread Recipes:
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread — Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with CHEESE! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!!
Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread – No starter required and so easy! It tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery! Who can resist homemade cheesy bread!
One-Hour Soft Buttery Breadsticks – Fast, easy, from-scratch breadsticks that are the perfect appetizer or side to any meal!
Soft Buttery One Hour Pretzels – Just like pretzels from the mall, except right at home! Fast, easy, and ready in one hour!
Soft and Fluffy Sandwich Bread — This sandwich bread is soft, fluffy, light, and moist. It’s made with a secret ingredient that keeps it moist and fluffy — oatmeal! It’s the perfect bread for a PB&J or grilled cheese sandwich!
How to Make Sourdough Bread— This easy sourdough bread recipe uses yogurt and sour cream in place of a traditional sourdough starter, which makes it possible to prep a loaf in less than a day!
Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Focaccia — The bread is soft and chewy, loaded with tangy sun-dried tomatoes, and the basil is the perfect complement to the tomatoes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.