Easy Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Bread
This post may contain affiliate links.
Say hello to mindlessly easy comfort food that’s guaranteed to be a hit.
It’s ready in less than 30 minutes with extremely minimal effort on your part. The best kind of recipe.
Set the bread out at a party, event, game day celebration, or as a weeknight side for your family and you’ll look like a superstar.
It’s super cheesy from both mozzarella and cream cheese, there’s bacon which makes everything better, a touch of garlic to add flavor, and sliced jalapeno peppers for some slight heat.
If the crowd you’re making it for doesn’t like jalapenos or wants more or less garlic or bacon than I used, feel free to omit, adapt, and adjust the recipe based on your taste preferences.
For my family and friends the recipe was perfect because it was devoured at a recent party I hosted.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (lite is okay), very soft
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (half of 1 stick) , very soft
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (monterey jack, fontina, or another easy-melting cheese may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced bacon (from about 8 strips)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, diced with about 6 rounds reserved for garnishing (from about 1 small jalapeno)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste (1 to 2 finely minced garlic cloves may be substituted)
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise (you will only use 1 of the halves for the recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil for easier cleanup; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add the cheese, bacon, jalapenos, garlic, and stir to incorporate.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the one half of bread (Note – I used an average grocery store bakery loaf of French bread, about 1 pound, and the filling nicely covered one half in a fairly thick layer. Save the other half for French Toast Muffins, Cinnamon-Sugar Streusel Baked French Toast, etc. If the loaf you use is smaller, you may be able to coat both halves, but make sure to watch and make any necessary adjustments to baking time.) Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly, and as golden as desired. Because all bread and cheese varies, watch bread closely so it doesn’t burn. Garnish with reserved jalapeno rounds and serve immediately. Bread is best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread –
Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread – No starter required and so easy! It tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery! Who can resist homemade cheesy bread!
No-Knead Make-Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter – The easiest dinner rolls ever! No kneading, no fuss and you can make the dough ahead of time! Perfect for holiday meals and parties!
Easy Sourdough Bread – No sourdough starter required! The bread tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery and you won’t believe how easy it is!
Honey Dinner Rolls – Soft, fluffy rolls brushed with sweet honey butter! Truly the best dinner rolls ever. They disappear so fast at holiday meals & parties!
100% Whole Wheat No-Knead Make Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter – Working with wheat flour and yeast is usually the kiss of death but these rolls are light, fluffy, soft and you’d never guess made exclusively with whole wheat flour!
One-Hour Soft Buttery Breadsticks (vegan) – Fast, easy, from-scratch breadsticks that are the perfect appetizer or side to any meal!
Soft Buttery One Hour Pretzels (vegan) – Just like pretzels from the mall, except right at home! Fast, easy, and ready in one hour!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.