Stuffed Cheese Bread — Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with CHEESE! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!!
Table of Contents
Stuffed Cheesy Bread Rolls
I’ve always said I can make a meal out of appetizers, and who needs dinner when you’ve got this as an appetizer? Everyone loves these cheesy bread bites! They are great for get-togethers and game day parties.
Or make them to serve alongside an easy weeknight chicken recipe and you’re going to make the whole family smile.
This stuffed cheesy bread recipe is the fastest and easiest of all of my bread recipes because there’s no yeast, no kneading, and no waiting for dough to rise.
How, you ask?
I got creative and used a tube of pre-made biscuit dough. Biscuit dough is sold in tubes or cans in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
There’s nothing better than diving into soft, warm, buttery bread fresh from the oven. Except when it’s stuffed with cheese. Cheese trumps all.
Stuffed Cheese Bread Ingredients
To make this cheese stuffed bread recipe, you’ll need:
- Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Mozzarella cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Fresh parsley
Note: Scroll down to the recipe card section of the post for the ingredients with amounts included and for more complete directions.
How to Make Stuffed Cheesy Bread
Simply do the following:
- Pop open a can of refrigerated biscuit dough.
- Break it into pieces.
- Stuff a piece of cheese inside.
- And bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bread bakes, melt some butter and spike it with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Brush it on generously as soon as the bread emerges from the oven.
Soft, warm, buttery, cheesy, gooey, heavenly!
These stuffed biscuits are easiest to make with cubed cheese rather than shredded. You can buy a block of cheese and cut it into cubes yourself.
You’re welcome to change up the seasonings used in the butter mixture. I prefer the Italian seasoning blend, but biscuits and cheese pair nicely with just about anything.
Of course! I used mozzarella, but you can use cheddar or diced string cheese segments.
I use one 16.3-ounce tube Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits to make this recipe, which contains 8 biscuits. Use your favorite pre-made biscuit dough of choice.
Yes, you should be fine to stuff the biscuits with cheese, form them into balls, and then layer into a standard sized loaf pan or small Bundt pan (greased well with non-stick spray). You’ll have to experiment with the bake time, however. You can try using my pull-apart stuffing ring as a jumping off point since it’s also made with canned biscuit dough.
These stuffed cheesy bread rolls are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. You may be able to cover them tightly in aluminum foil to trap the heat in if you plan on serving them later, but fresh is best.
Recipe Video Tutorial
What to Serve with Cheesy Bread
This cheese stuffed bread recipe would pair nicely with your favorite soups, stews, and casseroles. Here are some serving ideas:
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Cowboy Stew
- Pizza Soup
- Ground Turkey Chili
Pin This Recipe
Stuffed Cheese Bread
- 1 tube, about 16 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough (I used one 16.3-ounce tube Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits which contains 8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into eight 1-inch square cubes (cheddar cheese or diced string cheese may be substituted)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and put 1 cheese cube into the center of each biscuit, wrap the dough around the cheese, seal, and place on baking sheet with the seam side down. Repeat until all dough and cheese is used.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until very lightly golden browned; watch them closely in the last minutes of baking because they can go from un-done to over-done in less than a minute. While biscuits bake, prepare the butter mixture.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and stir to combine.
- As soon as biscuits emerge from oven, generously brush each one with the butter mixture, optionally garnish with parsley, and serve immediately. Biscuits are best warm and fresh.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Easy Bread Recipes:
Pepperoni Pizza Bombs – Pizza by way of soft, warm rolls stuffed with pepperoni and oodles of CHEESE!! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for PARTIES, and simply IRRESISTIBLE!!
Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread — No starter required and so easy! It tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery! Who can resist homemade cheesy bread!
Easy Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Bread — Say hello to mindlessly easy comfort food that’s guaranteed to be a hit. It’s ready in less than 25 minutes with extremely minimal effort on your part!
No-Knead Make-Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter — The easiest dinner rolls ever! No kneading, no fuss and you can make the dough ahead of time! Perfect for holiday meals and parties!
Easy Sourdough Bread – No sourdough starter required! The bread tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery and you won’t believe how easy it is!
One-Hour Soft Buttery Breadsticks (vegan) — Fast, easy, from-scratch breadsticks that are the perfect appetizer or side to any meal!
Easy Irish Soda Bread — A FAST, EASY, and foolproof recipe for classic Irish soda bread with an optional but fabulous twist of Irish whiskey-soaked raisins! A lightly sweetened crunchy crust with a soft interior, you’ll want to make this quick bread recipe year round and not just for Saint Patrick’s Day!
2-Ingredient Pizza Dough — The EASIEST homemade pizza dough you’ll ever make with just two ingredients!! NO yeast, NO kneading, and NO need to wait for it to rise! Homemade pizza just became your new reality!!
Originally posted Jan 18, 2019 and reposted February 3, 2023 with updated text.