Easy Cheese Bomb Bread
There’s nothing better than diving into soft, warm, buttery bread fresh from the oven.
Except when it’s stuffed with cheese. Cheese trumps all.
I’ve made lots of bread ranging from cheese-filled Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread to fuss-free dinner rolls like No-Knead Make-Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter. There are one-hour recipes including Soft Buttery One Hour Pretzels and One-Hour Soft Buttery Breadsticks.
But this recipe is the fastest and easiest of all because there’s no yeast, no kneading, and no waiting for dough to rise.
Simply pop open a can of refrigerated biscuit dough, break it into pieces, stuff a piece of cheese inside, and bake for 10 minutes. I used mozzarella but you can use cheddar or diced string cheese segments. Biscuit dough is sold in tubes or cans in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
While the bread bakes, melt some butter and spike it with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Brush it on generously as soon as the bread emerges from the oven. Soft, warm, buttery, cheesy, gooey, heavenly.
I’ve always said I can make a meal out of appetizers and who needs dinner when you’ve got this as an appetizer.
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread
There’s nothing better than diving into soft, warm, buttery bread fresh from the oven except when it’s stuffed with cheese. This recipe is the fastest and easiest bread recipe because there’s no yeast, no kneading, and no waiting for dough to rise. Open a can of refrigerated biscuit dough, break it into pieces, stuff a piece of cheese inside, and bake. I used mozzarella but you can use cheddar or diced string cheese. While the bread bakes, melt some butter and spike it with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Brush it on generously as soon as the bread emerges from the oven. Soft, warm, buttery, cheesy, gooey, heavenly.
- 1 tube (about 16 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough (I used one 16.3-ounce tube Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits which contains 8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into eight 1-inch square cubes (cheddar cheese or diced string cheese may be substituted)
- 4 tablespoons (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and put 1 cheese cube into the center of each biscuit, wrap the dough around the cheese, seal, and place on baking sheet with the seam side down. Repeat until all dough and cheese is used. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until very lightly golden browned; watch them closely in the last minutes of baking because they can go from un-done to over-done in less than a minute. While biscuits bake, prepare the butter mixture.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and stir to combine. As soon as biscuits emerge from oven, generously brush each one with the butter mixture, optionally garnish with parsley, and serve immediately. Biscuits are best warm and fresh.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread – No starter required and so easy! It tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery! Who can resist homemade cheesy bread!
No-Knead Make-Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter – The easiest dinner rolls ever! No kneading, no fuss and you can make the dough ahead of time! Perfect for holiday meals and parties!
Easy Sourdough Bread – No sourdough starter required! The bread tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery and you won’t believe how easy it is!
Honey Dinner Rolls – Soft, fluffy rolls brushed with sweet honey butter! Truly the best dinner rolls ever. They disappear so fast at holiday meals & parties!
100% Whole Wheat No-Knead Make Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter – Working with wheat flour and yeast is usually the kiss of death but these rolls are light, fluffy, soft and you’d never guess made exclusively with whole wheat flour!
One-Hour Soft Buttery Breadsticks (vegan) – Fast, easy, from-scratch breadsticks that are the perfect appetizer or side to any meal!
Soft Buttery One Hour Pretzels (vegan) – Just like pretzels from the mall, except right at home! Fast, easy, and ready in one hour!