Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pepperoni Pizza Bombs – Pizza by way of soft, warm rolls stuffed with pepperoni and oodles of CHEESE!! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for PARTIES, and simply IRRESISTIBLE!!
I married the those two recipes in the form of these easy pepperoni pizza bombs that are supremely easy and ready in 15 minutes.
Simply pop open the can, separate the 8 pieces, add pizza or marinara sauce, top with pepperoni and cheese before pinching the edges together.
I used mozzarella cheese but you can use diced string cheese segments if you have it on hand.
While the rolls bake, melt some butter and spike it with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush it on generously as soon as the bread emerges from the oven. Soft, warm, buttery, garlic-cheese-bread-meets-pepperoni-pizza heaven. The garlic butter is a really nice touch here.
While I would technically call this an appetizer that’s great for parties ranging from game day parties (hello Superbowl party) to holiday events, the rolls also make a perfect need to get these kids some dinner immediately type of pinch hitter meal for busy weeknights when you have absolutely no time for anything complicated. Add a salad and call it a day.
Pizza of any kind is always a winner and these are so irresistible.
I have a video below that shows you how I make the pizza bombs.
- 1 tube (about 16 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough (I used one 16.3-ounce tube Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits
- 4 tablespoons pizza or marinara sauce, divided; plus more for dipping if desired
- 24 slices pepperoni, divided
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into eight 1-inch square cubes (diced string cheese may be substituted), divided
- 4 tablespoons (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and add about 1/2 tablespoon pizza sauce, 1 cheese cube, and 3 pieces pepperoni into the center of each biscuit, wrap the dough around the contents, seal, and place on baking sheet with the seam side down.It will be a tight squeeze to get it bundled up and if pizza sauce leaks out, wipe it off with a paper towel and don't worry about it. Repeat until all dough, sauce, and cheese are used. Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes, or until very lightly golden browned; watch them closely in the last minutes of baking because they can go from un-done to over-done in less than a minute. While rolls bake, prepare the butter mixture.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and stir to combine. As soon as rolls emerge from oven, generously brush each one with the butter mixture, optionally garnish with parsley, and serve immediately with additional pizza sauce if desired. Rolls are best warm and fresh.
Adapted from Easy Cheese Bomb Bread
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 1023mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread – Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with cheese! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders – Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone loves them! Totally irresistible!
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Fast, easy, and a party favorite!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.