Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pepperoni Pizza Balls — Pizza by way of soft, warm rolls stuffed with pepperoni and oodles of CHEESE!! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for PARTIES, and simply IRRESISTIBLE!!
Stuffed Pizza Balls Recipe
One of the more popular recipes on my site is for Easy Cheese Bomb Bread and I also have a recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Sliders that’s very popular. I married the those two recipes in the form of these easy pepperoni pizza balls that are supremely easy and ready in 15 minutes.
While I would technically call this an appetizer that’s great for parties ranging from game day parties (hello, Super Bowl party!) to holiday events, the balls also make a perfect need to get these kids some dinner immediately type of pinch hitter meal for busy weeknights when you have absolutely no time for anything complicated. Add a salad and call it a day.
Pizza of any kind is always a winner and these are so irresistible.
What’s in the Pepperoni Pizza Balls?
For this stuffed pizza ball recipe, you’ll need:
- Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Balls
Simply pop open the can, separate the 8 pieces, add pizza or marinara sauce, top with pepperoni and cheese before pinching the edges together. I used mozzarella cheese but you can use diced string cheese segments if you have it on hand.
While the biscuit dough pizza rolls bake, melt some butter and spike it with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush it on generously as soon as the bread emerges from the oven.
Soft, warm, buttery, garlic-cheese-bread-meets-pepperoni-pizza heaven. The garlic butter is a really nice touch here.
Can I Use Different Fillings?
I imagine so! If you want to add veggies, I recommend sautéing them first to cook out some of their moisture before stuffing the pizza bombs.
Tips for Making Stuffed Pizza Balls
I’ve only made this pizza bomb recipe using refrigerated biscuit dough, but I imagine pizza dough (store-bought or homemade) would work as well. The texture will be slightly different, but the process is the same.
You can use pizza sauce or marinara sauce for this recipe. If you don’t have any on hand, you can easily make homemade pizza sauce in just 5 minutes!
These balls are best assembled and eaten right away. They don’t keep well and taste best straight from the oven (be careful, they’re hot!).
- 1 tube (about 16 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough (I used one 16.3-ounce tube Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce, divided; plus more for dipping if desired
- 24 slices pepperoni, divided
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into eight 1-inch square cubes (diced string cheese may be substituted), divided
- 4 tablespoons (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
Make pizza balls:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and add about 1/2 tablespoon pizza sauce, 1 cheese cube, and 3 pieces pepperoni into the center of each biscuit, wrap the dough around the contents, seal, and place on baking sheet with the seam side down. It will be a tight squeeze to get it bundled up and if pizza sauce leaks out, wipe it off with a paper towel and don't worry about it.
- Repeat until all dough, sauce, and cheese are used.
- Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes, or until very lightly golden browned; watch them closely in the last minutes of baking because they can go from un-done to over-done in less than a minute.
- While rolls bake, prepare the butter mixture.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and stir to combine.
- As soon as rolls emerge from oven, generously brush each one with the butter mixture, optionally garnish with parsley, and serve immediately with additional pizza sauce if desired. Rolls are best warm and fresh.
Adapted from Easy Cheese Bomb Bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 1023mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
More Easy Pizza Recipes:
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders — Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone loves them! Totally irresistible!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Greek Chicken Gyro Pita Bread Pizzas — Chicken gyros transformed into FAST, EASY, and HEALTHY pita pizzas!! There’s juicy chicken, homemade tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and feta on pita bread!!
10-Minute Cast Iron Pizza — A FAST, EASY, and foolproof recipe to make pizza at home in 10 minutes!! Don’t call for delivery when you can make this pizza in minutes!
10-Minute Grilled Pepperoni Pizza – The EASIEST and FASTEST pizza you will ever make!! If you’ve never tried making pizza on the grill, you need to try it!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.