10-Minute Skillet Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links.
10-Minute Cast Iron Pizza — A FAST, EASY, and foolproof recipe to make pizza at home in 10 minutes!! Don’t call for delivery when you can make this pizza in minutes! Such IRRESISTIBLE cheesy goodness!!
Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
My daughter loves pizza and I am always experimenting with fast, easy, and foolproof ways to make pizza at home.
Making pizza in a skillet on the stovetop is one of the fastest and easiest methods that I’ve found, tied with grilled pizza.
To save time, I use fresh store-bought plain pizza dough from Trader Joe’s refrigerated case. I do have a one-hour scratch pizza dough recipe if you’re feeling like going the extra mile. Usually I am not feeling like it when the dinner hour is knocking at my door. Just being honest.
What’s in Cast Iron Pizza?
To make this cast iron pan pizza recipe, you’ll need:
- Fresh pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Pizza or marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Skillet Pizza
Simply roll out the dough and place it in a large skillet, cook for 3 minutes on the first side, flip, top with pizza or marinara sauce, add the cheese, pepperoni, and cook covered until the cheese has melted. So easy.
If you want to get more adventurous than using pepperoni, feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings like sausage, mushroom, peppers, onions, and more.
Do I Have to Use a Cast Iron Skillet?
I use my Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet. I’m sure you could use a nonstick skillet, but they aren’t always broiler safe if you’re going that route. You could probably do it in an stainless steel skillet but if you have a cast iron skillet, I highly recommend breaking it out here.
How to Reheat Leftover Pizza
If you wind up with leftover cast iron pizza, I recommend reheating it the same way you made it: in a skillet. Avoid reheating pizza in the microwave because you’ll wind up with a rubbery crust.
Tips for Making Cast Iron Pizza
Before rolling out the dough, let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour. Chilled dough doesn’t roll out well, plus it’ll take longer to cook through on the stove.
I prefer to melt my cheese under the broiler rather than on the stovetop. There is nothing quite like lightly golden browned broiled cheese for me.
However, if it’s the middle of summer and you don’t want to turn on your oven just to broil something for two minutes, I get it. Or if you’re making this for someone (kids) who make not know the difference (or care) how the cheese was melted, do whatever is easiest.
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough, at room temp for 1 hour (I buy mine at Trader Joe's or make your favorite homemade dough
- flour for dusting surface
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce, or as desired
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 15 pepperoni, or as desired
- fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- To a floured work surface, add the dough and roll out into a 10 to 12-inch diameter circle. If dough is overly springy and resistant to rolling easily, allow it to rest at room temperature for another 30 minutes or so.
- To a 12-inch cast iron skillet, add the olive oil, and transfer the dough to the skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the bottom side is lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the dough, turn the heat to low, add the pizza sauce (leave a bare 1/2-inch perimeter), evenly top with the cheese, pepperoni, cover skillet with a lid, and cook until the cheese has melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Alternatively, if you prefer your cheese to be more browned + melted rather than just melted (which is what I prefer), place the skillet underneath the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese is as browned as desired. If you're broiling, watch it very closely so it doesn't burn.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Pizza is best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 871Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 1367mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 34g
More Easy Pizza Recipes:
10-Minute Grilled Pepperoni Pizza –Such an easy and fast pizza! If you’ve never tried making pizza on the grill, you need to try it! It’s foolproof, delicious, faster than calling for delivery, and pizza is always a winner!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza – A copycat version of California Pizza Kitchen’s bbq chicken pizza that you can make at home in 15 minutes! Easy, loaded with juicy chicken, red onions, cilantro, and lots of cheese!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Pepperoni Pizza Bombs – Pizza by way of soft, warm rolls stuffed with pepperoni and oodles of cheese! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for parties, and simply irresistible!
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders – Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone loves them! Totally irresistible!
Mexican Taco Pizza — EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and like eating a taco in pizza form!! Taco-seasoned ground beef on top of refried beans with melted cheese and your favorite taco fixings!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.