Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits with Easy Granola – Easy, healthy, and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snacks!
Swimsuit season is right around the corner.
Lighter fare that takes advantage of seasonal fruit is an easy swap. Especially when it’s fast, fresh, and satisfying.
There are so many trendy juice and smoothie bars here in San Diego where I live and while I love them, I draw that line at paying $10 bucks for a small bowl of yogurt, fruit, and granola.
I can make my own for a fraction of the cost and in mere minutes. And so can you.
To make the easy granola, I tossed a diced Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffin with oats, a bit of melted butter, cinnamon and sugar, and baked it briefly.
The granola is much lighter than most because there’s only 100 calories in the English muffin. I love granola but it can be a calorie-bomb if you’re not careful.
This recipe provides the heartiness of granola without the heaviness, fat, or calories and it’s ready in less than 15 minutes. Perfect warmer-weather comfort food that’s bikini-friendly and great for breakfasts and snacks.
Pin This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffin, halved and diced small
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned whole-rolled oats (not quick-cook or instant)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 to 8 ounces yogurt (low or nonfat okay, use your favorite flavor and type)
- 1 to 2 cups diced fruit (I used 1/2 banana and about 10 strawberries, halved)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the English muffin, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and toss to combine and coat evenly.
- Turn mixture out onto prepared baking sheet in flat, even layer. Mixture will only take up about one-third to half the baking sheet, not the entire sheet.
- Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes, or until as lightly golden browned and lightly toasted as desired. Granola will firm up as it cools.
- While granola bakes, add yogurt to serving bowl, top with fruit, and then sprinkle with granola. Breakfast bowl should be made and served fresh. Extra granola will keep airtight for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1325Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 171gFiber: 12gSugar: 126gProtein: 56g
Vanilla Fruit Salad – The easiest fruit salad ever thanks to a secret ingredient! Make it for your next party and watch it disappear!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola (Whole Foods Copycat) – A copycat granola with PB&J flavors! You’re going to want way more than a handful!
Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie – Just 3 ingredients and no added sugar in this sweet and creamy smoothie! Love it when healthy tastes so good!
Skinny 100-Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Mix (vegan, GF, no butter/oil) – 5 minutes to make, satisfying, and won’t derail your diet!
Big Clusters Maple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Granola (vegan, GF) – Easy homemade granola for a fraction of the cost of storebought! Learn the secrets to creating those highly coveted big clusters!
Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola (vegan, GF) – Crunchy, easy, and packed with rich spices!
The Best 15 Healthy Smoothies – Fast, easy, and tasty smoothie recipes that’ll keep you full and satisfied and are skinny jeans-friendly!
Post is brought to you by Thomas’. The recipe, text, images, and opinions expressed are my own.