Fudge Ripple Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Fudge Ripple Brownies – Forget fudge ripple ice cream and try on of these EASY, decadent, and AMAZING brownies instead!! They’re topped with a cream cheese-white chocolate pudding-whipped topping layer and chocolate sauce RIPPLES!!
Have you ever had fudge ripple ice cream? Creamy vanilla ice cream with ripples of fudge running through it.
These easy and decadent brownies take fudge ripple to a whole new level.
What Are The Layers In Fudge Ripple Brownies
An ultra fudgy decadent brownie layer is topped with a cream cheese, white chocolate pudding, and a whipped topping mixture.
To finish things off, there’s chocolate sauce swirled on top. Or should I say rippled throughout.
How To Make The Fudge Ripples
Don’t worry about your pattern-making skills with the chocolate sauce. Just drizzle a little chocolate sauce over the top surface and then run a butter knife though it and make your ripples.
Do I Have To Make Scratch Brownies
For the brownies, feel free to use a boxed mix or double the brownie portion of this recipe if you’re feeling the scratch brownie love.
What Kind Of Pudding Mix Can I Use
If you can’t find white chocolate instant pudding mix, substitute with vanilla or even cheesecake flavor. I have not made this recipe using sugar-free pudding mix. Sometimes that doesn’t set as well and my instinct tells me to avoid sugar-free, but I haven’t tested it.
If you don’t have pudding mix in your area, sorry that I’m not sure what to tell you to use as a substitute.
The brownies are decadently chocolaty and the cream cheese-white chocolate layer is the perfect creamy balance. When you initially pour it over the brownie layer it will seem on the runny side but after a few hours in the fridge, it sets up – not super firm but firm enough that the brownies slice nicely.
I will take one of these fudge ripple brownies over fudge ripple ice cream any day.
This video shows you exactly how to make the brownies.
- one 18-ounce box brownie mix (or double just the brownie portion of this recipe, plus water, oil, and eggs called for on the box
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cold 2% milk (must be real milk and not almond, soy, etc. or pudding will not set up), divided
- one 3.3-ounce box white chocolate instant pudding mix (if you cannot find it, vanilla or cheesecake
- one 8-ounce container whipped topping, thawed (I used fat free)
- about 1/4 cup chocolate sauce (such as Hershey's)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9x13-inch pan with foil for easier cleanup and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Make brownies as directed (if there is a choice, use the 'fudgy' brownie directions), adding the water, oil, and eggs.
- After the batter is mixed up, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan and bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until brownies are done; I prefer to err on the side of slightly underdone. Allow brownies to cool completely in pan.
- After brownies have cooled, to a large bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, pudding mix, and beat on low speed until smooth and combined.
- Add the remaining milk and beat until combined and starting to thicken, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the whipped topping and beat until combined. Turn the mixture out over the brownies, smoothing it lightly with a spatula.
- Cover pan and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is even better) to set up.
- Evenly drizzle the chocolate syrup over the top in a random pattern. Using a table knife, pull it through the chocolate sauce to create a ripple effect before serving. Brownies will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
The 15 Best Brownie Recipes – The BEST 15 scratch brownie recipes that are FAST, EASY, and decadent!! If you LOVE super fudgy, rich brownies and are a chocaholic, SAVE these recipes!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.