Harvest Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas
This post may contain affiliate links.
Harvest Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas – Fast, easy, HEALTHY, and a great recipe to try as a meatless main or as a satisfying plant-based lunch!! So much FLAVOR in the veggies from the spices and the chickpeas turn crispy!!
I love roasted vegetables and can make a meal out of them. Especially when there’s crispy roasted and seasoned chickpeas to go along with them.
This isn’t a rocket science recipe that would necessarily make Julia Child proud.
Fast, Easy, and Healthy
But it takes simple ingredients, and with very simple preparation, demonstrates that seasonal veggies can taste like a million bucks. At least to me they do but I have never been a ‘have to have meat and potatoes’ type of person.
The recipe is fast, easy, naturally vegan, gluten-free, and healthy. If you’re trying to go for a meatless main or aiming for some healthier lunch alternatives, this is a no-brainer.
It’s filling from all the fiber in the veggies as well as from the plant-based protein in the chickpeas.
How To Make The Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas
I used the same ingredients that I did in this Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl including chickpeas, sweet potatoes, red onions, and swapped broccoli for Brussels sprouts here.
I tossed everything in olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Simple warming spices that deliver lots of flavor.
Make sure to pat your chickpeas dry with a paper towel when you add them to the baking sheet. That will allow them to crisp up much more in the oven. While they will never get as crispy as say a potato chip, you’ll be surprised what a crispy texture they take on after roasting – no frying involved. I adore them.
A Flexible Recipe
You can definitely mix and match the veggies based on what you have on hand and enjoy.
If you have other veggies that roast well like zucchini, carrots, squash, or cauliflower, they would be nice additions.
To Sauce or Not
Both are fast, easy, whisk-together dressings that are lovely compliments to roasted vegetables based on what you’re in the mood for.
Favorite vegetable recipes:
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl – A big ole round bowl full of goodness just like Buddha! The bowls are fast, easy, naturally vegan and gluten-free! If you need a healthy recipe that tastes like comfort food, this is it!
- Maple-Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Harvest Salad – Easy and packed with big fall flavors! Maple syrup, squash, and cranberries were made for each other! Love it when healthy tastes so good!
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Think you don’t like brussels sprouts? The balsamic glaze on these will change your mind! Best Brussels sprouts ever! Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy!
- Roasted Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad – An easy, healthy, lettuce-less salad with roasted curried cauliflower and chickpeas as the stars! Topped with raisins, pistachios, cilantro, and a delish tangy Greek yogurt dressing!
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad – Goodbye mayo-loaded, mushy, boring potato salad. Hello to a Mexican-inspired potato salad full of flavor and texture with corn, black beans, peppers, and cilantro!
- 1 large/extra-large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 15 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- one 15-ounce can low-sodium chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced into small chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- minced garlic, optional and to taste
- about 4 cups kale, divided (4 big handfuls, or more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425F convection bake (if you don’t have a convection oven, 425F regular is fine, noting your roasting time could be a bit longer) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Add the sweet potato, Brussels sprouts cut side down, chickpeas, red onion, evenly drizzle with olive oil, evenly sprinkle with cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, pepper, optional garlic, and roast for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and sprouts are as darkened as desired. Toss/flip once midway through roasted to ensure even cooking. Note - I kept the vegetables more distinctly separated on my baking sheet for photography and cosmetic purposes, but it's fine to mix everything up when you're tossing with the oil and seasonings.
- If desired, while the veggies roast, make either of these dressings: Lemon Tahini Dressing or Curry Yogurt Sauce. Vegetables and chickpeas are best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 979mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 16gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g
Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl – A big ole round bowl full of goodness just like Buddha! The bowls are fast, easy, naturally vegan and gluten-free! If you need a healthy recipe that tastes like comfort food, this is it!
Lemon Rosemary Coconut Oil Roasted Vegetables – Trying to eat more vegetables? Try them roasted with coconut oil for a healthy, fast, and easy dish!
Maple-Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Harvest Salad – Easy and packed with big fall flavors! Maple syrup, squash, and cranberries were made for each other! Love it when healthy tastes so good!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad – An easy, healthy, lettuce-less salad with roasted curried cauliflower and chickpeas as the stars! Topped with raisins, pistachios, cilantro, and a delish tangy Greek yogurt dressing!
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Coconut Curry – An easy one-skillet curry that’s ready in 30 minutes and is layered with so many fabulous flavors! Healthy comfort food that tastes amazing!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad – Goodbye mayo-loaded, mushy, boring potato salad. Hello to a Mexican-inspired potato salad full of flavor and texture with corn, black beans, peppers, and cilantro!
Honey Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes – Soft, tender potatoes with crispy skin and the most heavenly melted honey butter on top! Easy comfort food that’s a perfect side dish anytime!
Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey-Cinnamon Dip – The honey glaze and the creamy cinnamon dip make these potatoes irresistible!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.