Healthy Mexican Breakfast Bowl
Mexican Breakfast Bowl – Say hello to this high protein, lower-carb meal that’s EASY, ready in 5 minutes, naturally vegetarian and gluten-free, and so TASTY!! Great for light lunches and meatless dinners!!
I spend a lot of time in Mexico but truthfully, I’ve never seen this served for breakfast (chilaquiles or huevos rancheros are more like it), but each component that’s in the bowl – yes for sure.
So I took some creative license and am calling this a healthy Mexican breakfast bowl. It’s easy, ready in five minutes, and tastes so darn good.
What’s In The Mexican Breakfast Bowl
Nothing says Mexican-inspired to me quite as much as avocado and black beans do.
Along with a sunny-side-up egg, juicy tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and a squirt of lime juice for some pep, you’re on your way to a low-carb, high-protein, and naturally gluten-free and vegetarian breakfast of champions.
Simple ingredients that pack so much flavor and are so satisfying.
What Else Can Be Added
If you want to add quinoa, rice, or another favorite grain, feel free. Add some small warm tortillas on the side and make some small tacos. Feeling like you want a kick? Add your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or chile.
There’s no doubt that bacon, chorizo, or some (leftover) chicken, pork, or beef would also be tasty if you want to make it heartier and no pun intended, beef it up.
But for me, I like my breakfasts to be on the lighter and cleaner side. Unless I’m nursing a hangover from one too many margaritas at which point the greasier and fattier, the better. But I digress.
Healthy Breakfast, Light Lunch, or a Meatless Dinner
You don’t have to just serve this bowl for breakfast. It makes a great lighter lunch or meatless dinner.
Because of the protein in the black beans and egg, and the healthy fats and fiber in the avocado, and those water-packed tomatoes, it’s filling and keeps you very satisfied.
More favorite Mexican-inspired recipes:
- FAVORITE MEXICAN RECIPES – ALL HERE – Looking for a great-tasting, easy, Mexican meal? They’re all here in one handy collection!
- Egg In A Hole Avocado Toast – Slathering warm egg in a hole toast with a creamy chive and lime-scented avocado spread is beyond delicious! This Avocado toast with egg is easy, ready in 15 minutes and perfect anytime!
- 15-Minute Mango Lime Chicken with Rice and Beans – Easy, healthy, and the mango sauce spiked with lime juice is so tasty! You can’t go wrong with Mexican-inspired flavors, juicy chicken, and rice and beans!
- Mexican Cheesy Sausage and Egg Casserole – Easy, hearty, loaded with sausage, tons of cheese, and topped with avocado! This is a family favorite that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner!
- Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Healthy Mexican Breakfast Bowl
Healthy Mexican Breakfast Bowl – Say hello to this high protein, low-carb meal that’s EASY, ready in 5 minutes, naturally vegetarian and gluten-free, and so TASTY!! Great for light lunches and meatless dinners!!
- 2 large eggs
- one 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use no-salt added), divided
- one medium ripe Hass avocado, divided
- 1 medium/large tomato (I used Roma), divided
- cilantro, for garnishing to taste
- juice of 1 lime, divided and optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and cook the eggs until they are done to your liking. Optionally try soft or hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, eggs over, or your favorite style of eggs. Place one egg in each of two bowls.
- Evenly divide the beans (I don’t find the need to warm the beans but if you do, after you’re done cooking the eggs, add them to the skillet and heat through until warmed to your liking), avocado, tomato, cilantro, optional squirt of lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Bowls are best fresh.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Taco Stuffed Avocados – Like avocados? Then you are going to love these taco stuffed avocados with ground beef, cheese, and more! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, a family favorite, and perfect for busy weeknights!
Egg In A Hole Avocado Toast – Slathering warm egg in a hole toast with a creamy chive and lime-scented avocado spread is beyond delicious! This Avocado toast with egg is easy, ready in 15 minutes and perfect anytime!
Avocado Deviled Eggs – Guacamole-inspired filling jazzes up regular deviled eggs and makes them addictively good! Easy, tasty, and a perfect little snack or party appetizer!
Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls – Juicy chicken along with your favorite burrito ingredients served in a bowl! Pile the toppings sky high and not worry about a wrap breaking, plus it’s a little healthier! Easy and ready in 15 minutes!
20-Minute Cilantro Chicken with Rice and Beans – Easy, healthy, and the fresh cilantro sauce is so good! The chicken is juicy, loaded with flavor, and along with the rice and beans and you’ll be satisfied for hours!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!