Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast
Egg In A Hole Avocado Toast – Slathering warm egg in a hole toast with a creamy chive and lime-scented avocado spread is beyond DELICIOUS!! This Avocado toast with egg is EASY, ready in 15 minutes and perfect ANYTIME!!
Egg in a Hole – A Classic!
Egg in a hole is one of the oldest ways to prepare eggs and toast. I think mothers everywhere have made it at least once. Or 726 times. But egg in a hole is fun, never goes out of style, and the extra bread round is always a highly coveted item.
Avocado Toast with Egg – Better than Classic?
And in case you missed it, avocado toast seems to be one of the trendiest ways to eat toast.
For my birthday dinner this year I went out to a swanky restaurant downtown San Diego and ordered two orders of (very overpriced) avocado toast and fought over every last bite with my family. The birthday girl won, but I digress.
Since I love avocados, you don’t have to twist my arm to eat them in any way, shape, or form. But, they’re especially good on avocado toast. The warm toast softens the avocado and makes them even creamier. So what happens when you marry egg in a hole with avocado toast?
How to Make Avocado Toast with Egg
For this easy egg in a hole recipe mashup, I married what’s old and what’s new. This easy, 15-minute creation is the most delicious and satisfying breakfast, lunch, snack, or brinner. A soft runny egg yolk with bread that’s lightly buttered and golden browned before smearing it with lime and chive-scented avocado. So scrumptious and I have literally made it every day for the past week because my daughter begs for it daily.
Just for U Mobile Savings App
For the ingredients, I went to my local San Diego Albertsons store and before I went to the store I downloaded the newly launched just for U. It’s an easy-to-use mobile savings tool and I love that there are no coupons to clip.
I was able to save money on eggs and bread as well as other things that I buy all the time from Cheerios and canned tomatoes to broccoli and zucchini. Just for U provides customized deals on groceries and offers are based on purchase history so you can save more on what you actually buy and use.
And the app shows you what’s on sale that week like this bread.
I noticed that there were coupons for me based on things I buy repeatedly as well as one-time purchases. Make sure to check out the app before every shopping trip and you’ll get new savings each week.
You can find over $300 in weekly savings on groceries through digital coupons and personalized offers on top of great in-store prices and deals. That’s music to my ears.
Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast
For this easy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes I married what’s old and what’s new and this creation is the most delicious and satisfying breakfast, lunch, snack, or brinner. A soft runny egg with bread that’s lightly buttered and golden browned before smearing it with lime and chive-scented avocado. So scrumptious.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices artisan-style bread (thicker bread works best and is sometimes called ‘Texas toast’ or ‘French toast’ toast)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To a medium bowl, add the avocado, lime juice, chives, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, coarsely mash the avocado with a fork and toss with a fork to combine (I prefer to keep mine on the chunkier side); set aside.
- Cut a 2.5 to 3-inch circle from the center of each bread slice with a cookie cutter or glass.
- To a large non-stick skillet, add the butter, and heat over medium-low heat to melt.
- Add the bread, bread rounds, and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip everything, crack one egg into the hole of each piece of bread, and season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover pan and cook until eggs are as set as desired, about 3 to 6 minutes. The bread rounds will cook faster than the eggs (in about 1 to 2 minutes); remove them from the skillet as soon as they’re golden browned and place on a plate. Remove egg-in-a-holes and place on the plate.
- Evenly spread the avocado mixture over the bread and bread rounds and serve immediately. Recipe is best warm and fresh.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini – Like bruschetta, but with avocado and who can say no to avocado and cheese! A fast & easy appetizer everyone loves and ready in 15 minutes!
Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Rollups – Creamy avocado with sharp cheddar, cilantro, and a little bit of smoky chipotle heat! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, and everyone loves these! Great appetizer and a gameday party favorite!
Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries – An easy appetizer packed with bold flavor and creamy texture! Always a hit at parties!
Post is brought to you by Albertsons. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies . The opinions and text are all mine.