Loaded Southwestern Scramble
My family are huge egg lovers and rather than another sunny-side-up egg with a side of toast, I made this scramble with southwestern flavors.
It’s easy, ready in 10 minutes, hearty, and packed with layers of flavors and textures.
Red bell peppers for color and crunch along with juicy corn, green onions, cilantro, and diced MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers for extra protein without the fat of ground beef. Regular ground beef contains 15g of fat per serving while these burgers contain 9g total fat per serving. That’s 41% less fat.
The burgers are made with organic ingredients, including cannellini, navy, and pinto beans, tasty green chilies, red peppers, and onions. The ingredients in the MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers played perfectly with the southwestern theme I went for.
You can make the dish even heartier by adding baby portobello mushrooms, black beans, avocado, cheese, or work in more veggies. Whatever veg you choose is the right way to veg.
I served the scramble as brinner but it would work great for breakfast or brunch. With my family, there’s no wrong time of day for eggs.
Loaded Southwestern Scramble
This southwestern scramble is easy, ready in 10 minutes, hearty, and packed with layers of flavors and textures. Red bell peppers for color and crunch along with juicy corn, green onions, cilantro, and diced MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers for extra protein without the fat of ground beef. You can make the dish even heartier by adding baby portobello mushrooms, black beans, cheese, or work in more veggies. I served the scramble as brinner but it would work great for breakfast or brunch.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into thin rounds (from about 4 trimmed green onions)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, diced small (from about half of one large seeded and trimmed pepper)
- 3/4 cup corn (I used frozen)
- 2 MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers, thawed and diced into small pieces
- To a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, and whisk to combine.
- Add the green onions, cilantro, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a large non-stick skillet, add the olive oil, peppers, corn, burgers, and cook over medium-high heat until vegetables begin to soften and burgers sear, about 3 to 4 minutes; stir intermittently.
- Add the egg mixture and stir nearly constantly to scramble the eggs. Cook until done, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately. Scramble is best warm and fresh.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Easy Spinach and Tomato Frittata – Ready in 10 minutes and healthy! Perfect for any meal!! Great for using up odds-and-ends veggies, too!
Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet (GF) – Easy, cheesy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes!
100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy, and only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
Easy Eggs, Sausage, and Hash Browns Skillet – Hearty comfort food that’s worth getting out of bed for! Great for brunch or as breakfast-for-dinner! Ready in 30 minutes and packed with big flavors!
Creamy and Crispy Hash Browns Frittata – Creamy eggs with crispy hash browns and made in one skillet!
Asparagus, Peas, and Smoked Gouda Frittata – Even the pickiest eaters will eat green vegetables in this healthy and easy 25 minute recipe!
White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs – Fast and easy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes! The Dijon and cheese jazz these eggs right up!