Honey Lemon Shrimp and Corn Salad
Honey Lemon Shrimp and Corn Salad – Tender juicy shrimp nestled in a crunchy fresh salad and everything is coated in an IRRESISTIBLE honey lemon sauce!! An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
With the warm weather upon us, I crave things like this easy honey lemon shrimp and salad with plenty of my favorite garden vegetables that are in season.
How Does The Honey Lemon Shrimp and Corn Salad Taste
It’s easy, healthy, light and fresh, and ready in 10 minutes.
There is so much crunch from the tender sweet corn, the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and the shrimp are tender and juicy.
Everything is coated in a honey lemon sauce that is finger-licking good.
How To Prepare The Shrimp
Simply add cleaned shrimp to a skillet with olive oil, sprinkle with Tajin or taco seasoning, and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Shrimp cook very quickly and you don’t want to overcook them or they’ll be rubbery and tough.
After you flip them over, add butter, honey, lemon juice, and garlic to the skillet. It will look like you have too much liquid but this becomes your salad dressing and it needs to coat a head of lettuce and the other vegetables.
There’s no need to prepare any other dressings or use any store bought dressings which is so nice.
What Kind Of Shrimp To Use
I used one pound of fresh, raw shrimp that were deveined but still had the shells on. You do not want to use shrimp that have already been cooked.
I used large shrimp, 12-15 count. Meaning there are 12 to 15 per pound. You can use smaller shrimp if you prefer but I like the flavor better in larger shrimp.
What Kind Of Corn To Use
There are a variety of ways to go here including:
- Grilled Corn – Use this easy, 10-minute method for grilling corn like I did in this Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad.
- Fresh Corn – Natural, uncooked, not grilled, just shave it off the ears with a knife. Recommended only with seasonal, tender, sweet corn.
- Canned Corn – Drain and rinse it and you’re set. Use a 15-ounce can.
- Frozen Corn – Probably my least favorite option for this recipe only because the corn can be a bit mushy and in a salad having crunch is nice, but if frozen is what you’re working with, so be it. Just make sure you thaw it first and then drain it well.
A Mix-And-Match Salad
While I used romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a serrano chile pepper for a touch of heat, there are a zillion other ideas. Use what you have on hand and is seasonal and fresh.
Try adding chickpeas, zucchini, red onions, avocado, carrots, radishes, or whatever strikes your fancy.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- Shrimp Ceviche – The EASIEST way to make traditional shrimp ceviche and it tastes the BEST!! Ready in 30 minutes, great as an appetizer, side, or as a healthy main course that everyone LOVES!!
- Easy Shrimp Cakes — Easy, ready in 10 minutes, and they taste better than from a fancy restaurant!! A CRISPY exterior with JUICY and tender pieces of shrimp on the inside, with spicy mayo on the side!
- 10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp — Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
- Better Than Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice — There’s garlic, ginger, green onions, sesame oil, and soy sauce for layers of flavor while peas, carrots, corn, and bits of egg add texture. It’s a perfect weeknight meal when you’re in a rush want a break from the usual chicken dinner.
- Roasted Shrimp with Green Goddess Dip — Dipping the warm, sweet, plump shrimp into the cool, creamy dip is a perfect flavor and texture contrast!
- Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta — Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic!! A family-friendly dinner recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and it’s so EASY!!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn (read blog post for corn options)
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 1 small serrano chile (with seeds removed for less heat), optional and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined (I used 12-15 count large shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon Tajin, plus more if desired (taco seasoning may be substituted)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- To a large bowl, add the lettuce, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, optional serrano chile; set aside.
- To a medium skillet, add the olive oil, shrimp, evenly sprinkle with Tajin, and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Flip shrimp over, turn the heat to medium-low, add the butter, garlic, evenly season with salt and pepper, and stir in the butter until it melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, stir to combine, and taste the sauce. If desired, add additional lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, or Tajin.
- Transfer the shrimp and all the sauce to the bowl with the lettuce and vegetables. Stir to combine. Taste and make any other seasoning adjustments if necessary (I sprinkled with 1 more teaspoon Tajin) and serve immediately. Salad is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 2 days, noting the lettuce will wilt and the vegetables will soften as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 262mgSodium: 1908mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 25gProtein: 32g
Shrimp Ceviche – The EASIEST way to make traditional shrimp ceviche and it tastes the BEST!! Ready in 30 minutes, great as an appetizer, side, or as a healthy main course that everyone LOVES!!
10-Minute Orange Chili Shrimp – The sweet-and-tangy Asian-inspired orange chili sauce is PERFECT on these big juicy shrimp!! An EASY, healthy recipe that’s sure to IMPRESS and ready in 10 minutes!!
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta – Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic!! A family-friendly dinner recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and it’s so EASY!!
Easy Better-Than-Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice – One-skillet, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll never takeout again!! Homemade tastes WAY BETTER!! Tons more flavor, not greasy, and loaded with tender shrimp!!
Coconut Shrimp – An Outback Steakhouse copycat. It’s fast, easy, and guaranteed to trump restaurant and take-out versions! Perfectly crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and full of coconut flavor without being heavy or greasy.
10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp – Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
Easy Shrimp Cakes – Easy, ready in 10 minutes, and they taste better than from a fancy restaurant!! A CRISPY exterior with JUICY and tender pieces of shrimp on the inside, with spicy mayo on the side! Great as an appetizer or main course!!