Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled Avocado Corn Salad — An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes and you won’t be able to stop eating it!! Juicy corn, creamy avocado, cilantro, and fresh lime juice is a FIESTA in your mouth!!
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe
This avocado corn salad is my idea and my daughter’s idea of perfection. It’s got so many awesome flavors and textures that whenever I make it, we eat the whole batch the same day.
Juicy sweet corn, creamy avocado, crisp red bell peppers, and the fresh zing of lime juice and cilantro is what summer is all about. If I could get my hands on fresh corn all year, I would make this year-round.
Simply, there is grilled sweet corn mixed with avocado, red bell peppers, lime juice, salt, and pepper. So incredibly easy but so satisfying. The grilled corn salad is naturally gluten-free and vegan, which is a nice score if you are hosting a summertime get-together with guests with a variety of dietary paths.
What’s in Avocado Corn Salad?
To make this easy grilled corn and avocado salad, you’ll need:
- Fresh sweet corn
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and pepper
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
First, drizzle the corn with olive oil and grill to your liking. Once the corn is done, cut the kernels off the cob using a sharp knife.
Add the corn to a large bowl along with additional olive oil, diced avocado, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Give the salad a taste to see if it needs additional seasoning, then dig in!
Can I Use Frozen Corn?
If you’re making this grilled corn and avocado salad during the off season when fresh corn isn’t available, you can use frozen corn if needed. However, frozen corn won’t give you the same smoky flavor that grilled corn has so you may need to play around with the seasonings in this recipe.
Can I Add Chicken to This Grilled Corn Salad?
If you want to bulk up this avocado corn salad to enjoy as a main dish, you can certainly add chicken. If you need specific instructions on how to do so, I recommend following my recipe for Grilled Corn Salad with Chicken.
Tips for Making Avocado Corn Salad
This sweet corn salad is ripe for experimentation and mixing and matching based on what you enjoy. Try adding red or green onions, grape or Roma tomatoes, or black beans for protein.
Add canned or fresh diced green chiles or jalapeños if you’re looking for a kick. Add zucchini or cucumber to amp the veggie level up. Cotija cheese or queso fresco would also be lovely.
The sky is the limit with where you want to take this corn and avocado salad with Mexican-inspired flavors.
- 5 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium avocados, ripe but not mushy, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the corn with about 3 tablespoons olive oil and rub it in evenly over the corn.
- Place the corn on the grill and grill for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning the ears every minute or two by one-quarter turn, or as needed so that corn is cooking evenly but isn't burning.
- After corn is cooked, cut the corn off the ears with a sharp knife and place into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil (about 5 tablespoons), the avocado, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, stir to combine, and taste.
- If desired, add additional salt, pepper, etc.; or add a pinch of cayenne pepper for heat, or add any of the suggestions given in the blog post. Serve salad immediately.
- Salad will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days, noting the avocado will oxidize as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1065mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
More Healthy Summer Salad Recipes:
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Creamy Mexican Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad – A healthy easy salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and so flavorful! Corn, zucchini, cilantro, queso fresco and more are tossed in a delish creamy lime sauce!
Sweet and Sour Zucchini Corn Salad – Packed with big, bold flavors and tons of crunch! Healthy, light, bright, and cheery!
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Two kinds of beans, juicy corn, tomatoes, peppers, and more tossed in a light chili-lime-cumin vinaigrette! Healthy, easy, ready in 5 minutes, and loaded with flavor!
Chicken Avocado Black Bean Salad — A Mexican-inspired salad with tender chicken, black beans, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and more! EASY, ready in 20 minutes, HEALTHY, and packed with fiesta FLAVORS galore!
Avocado Black Bean Mexican Salad – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and there’s so much FLAVOR from the lime-cumin-chili vinaigrette!! Great for lunch or a meatless Monday dinner! Accidentally vegan, gluten-free, HEALTHY, and DELISH!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.