Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes and you won’t be able to stop eating it!! Juicy corn, creamy avocado, cilantro, and fresh lime juice is a FIESTA in your mouth!!
This salad is my idea and my daughter’s idea of perfection. It’s got so many awesome flavors and textures that whenever I make it, we eat the whole batch the same day.
Juicy sweet corn, creamy avocado, crisp red bell peppers, and the fresh zing of lime juice and cilantro is what summer is all about. If I could get my hands on fresh corn all year, I would make this year-round.
What’s In The Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
Simply, there is grilled sweet corn mixed with avocado, red bell peppers, lime juice, salt, and pepper. So incredibly easy but so satisfying.
The salad is naturally gluten-free and vegan, which is a nice score if you are hosting a summertime get-together with guests with a variety of dietary paths.
We can eat this by itself and are extremely content but it would also be great with any of my Mexican recipes, my grilled chicken recipes, especially one I have coming up for Grilled Lime Cilantro Chicken. Stay tuned.
This recipe is ripe for experimentation and mixing and matching based on what you enjoy.
Try adding red or green onions, grape or Roma tomatoes, or black beans for protein.
Add canned or fresh diced green chiles or jalapeños if you’re looking for a kick.
Add zucchini or cucumber to amp the veggie level up.
Cotija cheese or queso fresco would also be lovely.
The sky is the limit with where you want to take this salad with Mexican-inspired flavors.
How To Grill The Corn
I recommend using fresh, in-season, sweet corn. I clean the corn by removing all the husks and silks, drizzle the corn with a bit of olive oil and rub it in, and add the corn directly to the grill.
Grilling it for about 7 to 8 minutes over medium-high heat, while rotating the ears a quarter-turn every couple minutes, works well for me but it all depends on the heat and potency of your grill.
If your corn is blackening very quickly, your grill is likely a bit too hot. A little bit of blackening is fine, but too much blackening of the corn can adversely effect the flavor of the salad making it taste too charcoaly.
Favorite Corn Recipes:
- Grilled Mexican Corn (Elote) – Learn how to make this EASY and FLAVORFUL grilled Mexican street corn at home in minutes!! Fresh sweet corn is covered in crema, cheese, and finished with chili, lime juice, and cilantro!!
- Creamy Mexican Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad – A healthy easy salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and so flavorful! Corn, zucchini, cilantro, queso fresco and more are tossed in a delish creamy lime sauce!
- Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
- Sweet and Sour Zucchini Corn Salad – Packed with big, bold flavors and tons of crunch! Healthy, light, bright, and cheery!
- 5 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium avocados, ripe but not mushy, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the corn with about 3 tablespoons olive oil and rub it in evenly over the corn.
- Place the corn on the grill and grill for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning the ears every minute or two by one-quarter turn, or as needed so that corn is cooking evenly but isn't burning.
- After corn is cooked, cut the corn off the ears with a sharp knife and place into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil about 5 tablespoons, the avocado, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, stir to combine, and taste. If desired, add additional salt, pepper, etc.; or add a pinch of cayenne pepper for heat, or add any of the suggestions given in the blog post. Serve salad immediately. Salad will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days, noting the avocado will oxidize as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1065mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
Grilled Mexican Corn (Elote) – Learn how to make this EASY and FLAVORFUL grilled Mexican street corn at home in minutes!! Fresh sweet corn is covered in crema, cheese, and finished with chili, lime juice, and cilantro!!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Creamy Mexican Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad – A healthy easy salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and so flavorful! Corn, zucchini, cilantro, queso fresco and more are tossed in a delish creamy lime sauce!
Sweet and Sour Zucchini Corn Salad – Packed with big, bold flavors and tons of crunch! Healthy, light, bright, and cheery!
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Two kinds of beans, juicy corn, tomatoes, peppers, and more tossed in a light chili-lime-cumin vinaigrette! Healthy, easy, ready in 5 minutes, and loaded with flavor!
Chicken Avocado Black Bean Salad — A Mexican-inspired salad with tender chicken, black beans, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and more! EASY, ready in 20 minutes, HEALTHY, and packed with fiesta FLAVORS galore!
Avocado Black Bean Mexican Salad – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and there’s so much FLAVOR from the lime-cumin-chili vinaigrette!! Great for lunch or a meatless Monday dinner! Accidentally vegan, gluten-free, HEALTHY, and DELISH!!