Creamy Corn and Zucchini Salad — A healthy EASY salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and so flavorful!! Corn, zucchini, cilantro, queso fresco and more are tossed in a DELISH creamy lime sauce!!
Table of Contents
Creamy Zucchini Corn Salad
Corn and zucchini are two of my favorite summertime vegetables. Grilling them helps them taste just that much better. Especially when they’re tossed in a creamy sauce and you add cheese.
This creamy corn salad is an easy-breezy salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and layered with Mexican-inspired flavors including green onions, cilantro, queso fresco, and I tossed everything in a lime and agave-infused sauce.
I loved eating this for lunch and it’s also a perfect weeknight side dish. Or make it for your next picnic or potluck because everyone will gobble it up.
Ingredients in Corn and Zucchini Salad
To make this Mexican-inspired grilled corn and zucchini salad, you’ll need:
- Fresh corn
- Green onions
- Fresh cilantro
- Greek yogurt
- Lime juice
- Agave nectar
- Queso fresco
I used 0% fat Greek yogurt to make the Mexican dressing, but you’d never know it because the sauce tastes so luxurious and really helps this naturally vegetarian, gluten-free, and pretty darn healthy zucchini corn salad really sing.
The sauce coats everything beautifully, yet lightly, as to not drown out the flavor of the glorious sweet corn and zucchini.
How to Make Creamy Zucchini Corn Salad
The grilled corn and zucchini salad is a breeze to make! And no, you don’t have to own a grill to make this recipe (more on that later in the post!).
Follow these basic instructions:
- Drizzle the corn and zucchini with olive oil and grill to your desired consistency.
- Once cooked, cut the corn kernels off the cob using a sharp knife.
- Add everything to a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Garnish with queso fresco and enjoy!
Yes, this easy corn zucchini salad will last up to 4 days in the fridge. However, I recommend serving it within 24 hours of making it.
This creamy zucchini and corn salad can be served warm or cold — it really just depends on your preference!
Yes, very easily! If you don’t own a grill, I suggest using a grill pan and cooking the veggies on your stove. And if you don’t own a grill pan, just saute the vegetables. They won’t have that smoky grilled flavor, but the salad will still be delicious.
I recommend grilling the zucchini in a grill basket so that the zucchini doesn’t slip through the grill grates.
I prefer grilling sweet corn without the husk as the slight charring adds a wonderful flavor to this zucchini corn salad. But you’re welcome to grill the corn in the husk or in foil if that’s what you prefer.
What to Serve with Mexican Zucchini Corn Salad
Pair the grilled zucchini and corn salad with your favorite Mexican entrees and side dishes for a complete feast! Try serving the salad with one or more of the following:
- Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Loaded Vegetarian Burritos
- Shrimp-Stuffed Avocados
Pin This Recipe
- 4 ears fresh corn, cleaned
- olive oil, as necessary to coat
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced into thin rounds
- about 1/3 cup finely minced fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 4 ounces queso fresco, diced small (I find the cheese at my regular grocery store but if you can’t find it easily, feta, goat, or a sharp white cheddar cheese may be substituted)
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat or use an indoor grill pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Evenly and liberally drizzle the corn with olive oil and massage it into the ears; set aside on a plate.
- Add the zucchini pieces to a grill basket (if you don’t have a grill basket you’ll need to cut them in large enough rounds so they don’t fall through the grates) and evenly drizzle with olive oil to coat.
- Place the corn and zucchini on the grill and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until it’s as cooked as desired; rotate corn a quarter turn every couple of minutes to ensure even cooking and toss zucchini every couple of minutes.
- Place cooked corn on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cobs, and place the kernels into a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, agave, salt, pepper, and whisk until smooth. Taste and add more lime juice, agave, salt, etc. if desired.
- Evenly drizzle sauce over corn and zucchini and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Add the queso fresco and stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 13g
More Mexican Salad Recipes:
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Two kinds of beans, juicy corn, tomatoes, peppers, and more tossed in a light chili-lime-cumin vinaigrette! Healthy, easy, ready in 5 minutes, and loaded with flavor!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad – An EASY salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and you won’t be able to stop eating it!! Tender chicken, juicy corn, crisp bell peppers and tomatoes, creamy avocado, cilantro, and fresh lime juice for the WIN!!
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad – An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes and you won’t be able to stop eating it!! Juicy corn, creamy avocado, cilantro, and fresh lime juice is a FIESTA in your mouth!!
Layered Beef Taco Salad – A classic taco salad that everyone LOVES, it’s EASY, and it’s ready in 20 minutes!! There’s ground beef, refried beans, red peppers, tortilla chips, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes!!
Lime Cilantro Shrimp and Black Bean Salad – Tender juicy shrimp, black beans, avocado, cilantro, and more coated in a lime sauce that’s a FIESTA in your mouth!! An EASY and HEALTHY Mexican-inspired salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad — Fast, EASY, fresh and fabulous! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will LOVE! Juicy taco seasoned chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, shredded cheese, and more with homemade creamy lime cilantro dressing to top it all!