Creamy Mexican Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
A healthy EASY salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and so flavorful!! Corn, zucchini, cilantro, queso fresco and more are tossed in a DELISH creamy lime sauce!!
Corn and zucchini are two of my favorite summertime vegetables.
Grilling them helps them taste just that much better. Especially when they’re tossed in a creamy sauce and you add cheese.
This is an easy-breezy salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and layered with Mexican-inspired flavors including green onions, cilantro, queso fresco, and I tossed everything in a lime and agave-infused creamy sauce.
I used 0% fat Greek yogurt but you’d never know it because the sauce tastes so luxurious and really helps this naturally vegetarian, gluten-free, and pretty darn healthy salad really sing.
The sauce coats everything beautifully, yet lightly, as to not drown out the flavor of the glorious sweet corn and zucchini. If you have avocado on hand, it would be a wonderful addition.
I loved eating this for lunch and it’s also a perfect weeknight side dish. Or make it for your next picnic or potluck because everyone will gobble it up.
Creamy Mexican Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
This is an easy-breezy salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and layered with Mexican-inspired flavors including green onions, cilantro, queso fresco, and I tossed everything in a lime and agave-infused creamy sauce. It’s naturally vegetarian, gluten-free, healthy, great for lunch, as a weeknight side, or for picnics and potlucks.
- 4 ears fresh corn, cleaned
- olive oil, as necessary to coat
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced into thin rounds
- about 1/3 cup finely minced fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 4 ounces queso fresco, diced small (I find the cheese at my regular grocery store but if you can’t find it easily, feta, goat, or a sharp white cheddar cheese may be substituted)
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat or use an indoor grill pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Evenly and liberally drizzle the corn with olive oil and massage it into the ears; set aside on a plate.
- Add the zucchini pieces to a grill basket (if you don’t have a grill basket you’ll need to cut them in large enough rounds so they don’t fall through the grates) and evenly drizzle with olive oil to coat.
- Place the corn and zucchini on the grill and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until it’s as cooked as desired; rotate corn a quarter turn every couple of minutes to ensure even cooking and toss zucchini every couple of minutes.
- Place cooked corn on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cobs, and place the kernels into a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, agave, salt, pepper, and whisk until smooth. Taste and add more lime juice, agave, salt, etc. if desired.
- Evenly drizzle sauce over corn and zucchini and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Add the queso fresco and stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled. Extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Grilled Vegetables with Basil Vinaigrette – Grilling gives these simply prepared vegetables the perfect amount of smoky flavor! The basil vinaigrette is loaded with layers of flavor and ready in 1 minute! Healthy, fast, easy, minimal cleanup!
Sweet and Sour Zucchini Corn Salad – Packed with big, bold flavors and tons of crunch! Healthy, light, bright, and cheery!
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Two kinds of beans, juicy corn, tomatoes, peppers, and more tossed in a light chili-lime-cumin vinaigrette! Healthy, easy, ready in 5 minutes, and loaded with flavor!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Ravioli and Summer Vegetable Spinach Salad – Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette! A healthy yet hearty salad that takes advantage of summer!
Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken – Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet chili sauce! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!