Lime Cilantro Shrimp and Black Bean Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
Lime Cilantro Shrimp and Black Bean Salad – Tender juicy shrimp, black beans, avocado, cilantro, and more coated in a lime sauce that’s a FIESTA in your mouth!! An EASY and HEALTHY Mexican-inspired salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
How Does The Lime Cilantro Shrimp Salad Taste
This easy shrimp and black bean salad brings all the flavors of Mexico to you. It’s easy, healthy, light and fresh, and ready in 10 minutes.
There are so many amazing textures and Mexican-inspired flavors including cumin-spiced tender shrimp, black beans, velvety avocado, crunchy cucumbers, and a bit of heat from a jalapeno pepper as well as an optional serrano chile pepper.
Everything is coated in a lime and honey sauce that is so good you will want to slurp it up with a spoon.
It’s a fiesta in your mouth in every bite. Seriously so tasty and we could eat this every day.
What Kind Of Shrimp To Use
I used one pound of fresh, raw shrimp that were deveined but still had the shells on. You do not want to use shrimp that have already been cooked.
I used large shrimp, 12-15 count. meaning there are 12 to 15 per pound. You can use smaller shrimp if you prefer but I like the flavor better of larger shrimp.
Simply add cleaned shrimp to a skillet with olive oil, sprinkle with cumin, and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Shrimp cook very quickly and you don’t want to overcook them or they’ll be rubbery and tough.
After you flip them over, add lime juice and honey to the skillet. This sauce becomes the salad dressing that coats the black beans and veggies and there’s no need to prepare any other dressings or use any store bought dressings which is handy.
A Mix-And-Match Salad
While I used black beans, avocado, cucumbers, cilantro, and jalapeno and serrano chiles, feel free to get creative and mix-and-match.
- red onions
- green onions
- garbanzo beans
- queso fresco
- queso panela
- or whatever you have on hand and enjoy
More Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- Easy Shrimp Cakes — Easy, ready in 10 minutes, and they taste better than from a fancy restaurant!! A CRISPY exterior with JUICY and tender pieces of shrimp on the inside, with spicy mayo on the side!
- Honey Lemon Shrimp and Corn Salad – Tender juicy shrimp nestled in a crunchy fresh salad and everything is coated in an IRRESISTIBLE honey lemon sauce!! An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
- 10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp — Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
- Better Than Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice — There’s garlic, ginger, green onions, sesame oil, and soy sauce for layers of flavor while peas, carrots, corn, and bits of egg add texture. It’s a perfect weeknight meal when you’re in a rush want a break from the usual chicken dinner.
- Roasted Shrimp with Green Goddess Dip — Dipping the warm, sweet, plump shrimp into the cool, creamy dip is a perfect flavor and texture contrast!
- Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta — Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic!! A family-friendly dinner recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and it’s so EASY!!
- one 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use no salt added)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small serrano chile pepper, finely minced (remove seeds for less heat); optional
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro finely minced, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined (I used 12-15 count large shrimp)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cumin, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- To a large bowl, add the black beans, avocado, jalapeno, optional serrano chile, cucumber, cilantro; set aside
- To a medium skillet, add the olive oil, shrimp, evenly sprinkle with cumin, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Flip shrimp over, turn the heat to medium-low, add the lime juice, honey, stir to combine, and cook until shrimp are done, about 2 minutes. Taste the sauce. If desired, add additional lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, or cumin.
- Transfer the shrimp and all the sauce to the bowl with the lettuce and vegetables. Stir to combine. Taste and make any other seasoning adjustments if necessary (I sprinkled with another 1/2 teaspoon cumin) and serve immediately. Salad is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 2 days, noting the avocado will oxidize and the vegetables will soften and release their natural juices as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 2112mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 12gSugar: 18gProtein: 36g
Grilled Lime Cilantro Chicken – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of Mexican-inspired flavor!! Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu rotation and it’ll be a hit with everyone!!
Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad – Tossed with a tangy cumin lime vinaigrette. It’s incredibly filling thanks to the beans and avocado, and can easily be packed for lunch!
Honey Lemon Shrimp and Corn Salad – Tender juicy shrimp nestled in a crunchy fresh salad and everything is coated in an IRRESISTIBLE honey lemon sauce!! An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
Avocado Black Bean Mexican Salad – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and there’s so much FLAVOR from the lime-cumin-chili vinaigrette!! Great for lunch or a meatless Monday dinner! Accidentally vegan, gluten-free, HEALTHY, and DELISH!!
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Such a fast and easy recipe to make. Plus, it’s loaded with flavor and textures galore. Two kinds of beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, crisp peppers, and green onions are tossed in a lime-chili-cumin vinaigrette that’s perfectly light.
Chicken Avocado Black Bean Salad — A Mexican-inspired salad with tender chicken, black beans, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and more! EASY, ready in 20 minutes, HEALTHY, and packed with fiesta FLAVORS galore!
10-Minute Orange Chili Shrimp – The sweet-and-tangy Asian-inspired orange chili sauce is PERFECT on these big juicy shrimp!! An EASY, healthy recipe that’s sure to IMPRESS and ready in 10 minutes!!
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta – Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic!! A family-friendly dinner recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and it’s so EASY!!
Easy Better-Than-Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice – One-skillet, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll never takeout again!! Homemade tastes WAY BETTER!! Tons more flavor, not greasy, and loaded with tender shrimp!!
Coconut Shrimp – An Outback Steakhouse copycat. It’s fast, easy, and guaranteed to trump restaurant and take-out versions! Perfectly crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and full of coconut flavor without being heavy or greasy.
10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp – Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
Easy Shrimp Cakes – Easy, ready in 10 minutes, and they taste better than from a fancy restaurant!! A CRISPY exterior with JUICY and tender pieces of shrimp on the inside, with spicy mayo on the side! Great as an appetizer or main course!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.