Mediterranean Cobb Salad — This Mediterranean salad is easy, healthy, accidentally vegetarian, ready in 15 minutes, and you can easily size the recipe up if you’re making it for a larger group! Made with a shake-together vinaigrette, there is so much FLAVOR in every bite!
Table of contents
Healthy Mediterranean Salad Recipe
Rather than just another Cobb salad, I wanted to make one that’s more unique so I infused it with Mediterranean flavors and ingredients.
This Mediterranean salad easy, healthy, accidentally vegetarian, ready in 10 minutes, and you can easily size the recipe up if you’re making it for a larger group.
I grabbed Kalamata olives, marinated red peppers, and rather than selecting marinated artichoke hearts, I used frozen to keep things a little healthier, but snag some marinated artichoke hearts if you’re so inclined.
Crumble some briney feta, add juicy cucumbers, and the olives, peppers, and artichokes over a bed of Romaine and top with an easy, shake-together, super flavorful yet light vinaigrette.
The vinaigrette is made with olive oil, red wine vinegar (sub with balsamic vinegar if you want more of a pop), dried oregano, basil, and dill.
Garnish with a bit of fresh basil and you’ve got yourself a winning Cobb salad.
Perfect for a Meatless Monday!
What’s in Mediterranean Salad?
To make the Mediterranean salad itself, you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Artichoke hearts
- Roasted red peppers
- English cucumbers
- Feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh basil
And to make the Mediterranean salad dressing, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried herbs
- Salt and pepper
Note: All ingredients amounts are listed in the recipe card section when you keep scrolling down.
How to Make a Mediterranean Salad
To make the Mediterranean salad, just follow these basic assmbly steps!
- Simply scatter the Romaine lettuce leaves over a platter or place in a large bowl.
- Lay down the remaining ingredients in long rows.
- Evenly sprinkle with fresh basil.
- To make the Cobb salad dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar, screw the lid on top, and shake.
- Pour over the Mediterranean salad and enjoy!
Can I Meal Prep This Mediterranean Salad?
Yes! To meal prep this salad, you can chop all the ingredients in advance and store them in separate containers.
Same with the dressing – make it and keep it in a sealed jar in the fridge.
When the time comes, throw everything together in a bowl and eat.
Tips for Making a Mediterranean Salad
To help save time, you can obtain some of the ingredients from the olive bar at your grocery store, usually located in the deli area. Or you can stroll the aisles for the ingredients you need.
Likewise, you can either make your own hard-boiled eggs or grab some from the salad bar at the grocery store. Shortcuts are your friend. Hard-boiled eggs may not be Mediterranean, per se, but they’re a quintessential Cobb salad ingredient for me.
If prepping all the ingredients yourself, be sure to dice the veggies quite finely so they’re easy to grab on your fork and eat in one bite.
Pin This Recipe
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts (I used frozen that I thawed, marinated may be substituted)
- 1 cup marinated roasted red peppers, drained
- 3/4 cup English cucumbers, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled or diced small
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (black olives may be substituted)
- about 2 tablespoons fresh basil, for garnishing
Mediterranean Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (balsamic vinegar may be substituted for more of a pop)
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- To a large serving platter, evenly scatter the Romaine, evenly lay down the remaining ingredients in long rows, and evenly sprinkle with fresh basil; set aside.
- To a glass jar or container with a lid, add all ingredients, shake vigorously to combine, taste vinaigrette and make any necessary flavor adjustments (i.e. more oil, salt, honey, etc.), evenly drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
- Salad is best fresh.
Make the Salad
Make the Dressing:
- Extra dressing will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
Check out 50+ Amazing Easy Salads!
Chicken Gyro Salad with Tzatziki Sauce — Chicken gyros transformed into a healthy salad with an easy homemade tzatziki sauce that’s loaded with tangy dill flavor! Ready in 20 minutes!
Greek Pita Chip Salad — Greek salad just got a makeover! Still uses classic ingredients like red peppers, cucumbers, onions, olives, and feta but now there are pita chips for extra crunch and texture! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes!
Chicken Orzo Salad – Juicy chicken tossed with orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and a super flavorful lemon vinaigrette! Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect way to use your garden fresh veggies!
Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad – Juicy chicken coated in balsamic along with plump tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil! Easy, healthy, ready in 15 minutes! The caprese salad you’ll make again and again!
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad – Trying to keep meals healthier & lighter? Make this easy, refreshing & satisfying salad!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Fast, fresh, healthy, and satisfying!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Grilled Chicken Salad – All the flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad! The Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette doubles as marinade + salad dressing to save time!
Ravioli and Summer Vegetable Spinach Salad – Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette! A healthy yet hearty salad!
Spinach Blueberry Superfoods Salad – So many textures and flavors in this hearty salad filled with superfoods! Spinach, blueberries, dried cranberries, almonds, and more! Easy, satisfying, healthy, and tastes amazing!
Garden Fresh Quinoa Salad – Loaded with everything fresh, light, healthy! Great for parties, potlucks, and lunch boxes because there’s no mayo! Easy and flavorful!
Twelve Superfoods Salad – Trying to eat healthier? Make this easy, flavorful salad! Loaded with everything healthy and it tastes awesome! Kale, quinoa, edamame, blueberries, grapes, seeds, nuts, and more!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! An awesome 15-minute meal!